Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Apr 15, 2014 at 2:16 AM Post #3,458 of 36,110
How does the K10's sound compared to full size like LCD-2?

Should buying K10 considered an update from LCD-2 ? 
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 15, 2014 at 2:37 AM Post #3,459 of 36,110
  How does the K10's sound compared to full size like LCD-2?

Should buying K10 considered an update from LCD-2 ? 
smily_headphones1.gif

I can only comment on the headphones I have or know really well to compare with the K10's. Unfortunately I have never spent much time with the HiFiMan line of headphones.

But here's a few brief comments with regard to  headphones I have vs. the K10's:

1. Stax 009 - I have to say I LOVE Stax! I love the super detail and super silky, smooth high end. Yes, the 009 high freq. is better than the K10, to me. The K10 is darker, but not dark in the scheme of things. It's just the Stax sound has so much high end detail. BUT, the bass on the 009's does not have the weight or impact that the K10's have. So, if I am listening to content with a lot of bass, like an action movie, I prefer the K10's. The bass on the K10's is better than the 009's
  2. Stax 407 - Similar to my comments above since the 407's have the "Stax" sound, but since the 009's are so much better than the 407's, I would rather listen to the 009's or the K10's.
  3. HD800 (stock) - Actually like the Stax, the high end is great, but not as smooth as Stax and too bright for my tastes. Still not the best for bass. Not enough impact and weight. Imaging is good, but I use Out Of Your Head, so the imaging of the headphones themselves is not a factor. Again, I like the bass of the K10's better. The K10's again are darker, but the HD800's are too bright.
  4. Koss ESP-950 - (Can you tell I like electrostats?) More bass compared to the Stax, but nothing compared to the K10's. The rest of the spectrum is very smooth and detailed, but not as refined as Stax. The electrostats still have more highs than the K10, but very close.
  5. LCD-X - OK, now we're talking bass impact and weight. On par or maybe a little less than the K10's. Upper end on the LCD-X's is not as good as the electrostatic headphones, but very good. I could say pretty close to the K10 on the high end. The bad news for me and all the LCD headphones is that my head must be too big for them. They squeeze my head so hard that I can't wear them for very long without being uncomfortable. They are pretty heavy too, which doesn't help. (I don't actually own any LCD's. I borrow them from a friend who is an Audeze dealer.)
  6. Etymotic ER-4S - Can you tell I love detail and highs? Amazing detail and high end, but very little if any bass. Hard to listen to these after listening to the K10's.

So, after re-reading my notes, I guess maybe the LCD-X is the closest to the K10, but if you factor in comfort, then the K10's win hands down!

I think each of the headphones I have may do something better than the K10's, but none of them do everything better than the K10's.

There you go, great post from darinf

Apr 15, 2014 at 3:33 AM Post #3,460 of 36,110
SO my beautiful K-10s have arrived safely at my door and after a full day at work listening I am super impressed. I'm going to keep you all on the edge of your seat for about a week until I can get some time to post a lengthy review with some pretty pictures
biggrin.gif

Apr 15, 2014 at 3:38 AM Post #3,461 of 36,110
  SO my beautiful K-10s have arrived safely at my door and after a full day at work listening I am super impressed. I'm going to keep you all on the edge of your seat for about a week until I can get some time to post a lengthy review with some pretty pictures
biggrin.gif

Heck, I have them and I've reviewed them, and I still await every review with bated breath!

Apr 15, 2014 at 9:09 AM Post #3,464 of 36,110
biggrin.gif

Nice album! I just found out about this band a few days ago after some lurking in the Metal thread, been listening to it non-stop 
dt880smile.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back