Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Nov 28, 2022 at 1:58 AM Post #34,291 of 36,060
Hello everyone, I'm thoroughly confused between Traillii/Viking Ragnar/Damascus Sultan. I heard the Traillii at a meet-up and fell in love with it.

But I own a Kublai Khan and have an Odyssey incoming in a few days, which I'd be using with a Kann Max and FTS 4.4 cable.

I love the Traillii's vocals, but hated it's bass initially, but after listening to it with some EQ applied to it's bass, especially the sub bass, I felt I could use it on a greater variety of genres. But I love Kublai Khan's balance right off the bat as well.

I have the budget for a used Traillii or a brand new Ragnar. I'll be grateful to this group of someone could guide me wrt their opinions on the comparison between these 3 iems (KK, Ragnar and Traillii)

Regards,
Vishy
You may want to cross-post on the Watercooler thread that is often frequented by people having 2 or 3 of these.

drftr

Nov 28, 2022 at 2:07 AM Post #34,293 of 36,060
Already done bro, thanks for the suggestion and concern. Btw, any chance that you can help me out with my query? 🙂

Regards,
Vishy
I have only heard KK and Traillii but chose Sultan above these 2 to make things more complicated, so it's probably best not to ask me!

drftr

Nov 28, 2022 at 7:20 AM Post #34,295 of 36,060
Hello Folks! Is there anyone who can help me understand the difference between Noble Sultan regular as well as Damascus edition, in terms of sound? from a brief listening, I do like the sound signature on regular Sultan, But i'm curious to know what is the Sound Signature on Damascus and how different is it as compared to Sultan regular, if at all.

Great help if someone has tried both and can share with me. Cheers!!

Nov 28, 2022 at 3:25 PM Post #34,296 of 36,060
Hello Folks! Is there anyone who can help me understand the difference between Noble Sultan regular as well as Damascus edition, in terms of sound? from a brief listening, I do like the sound signature on regular Sultan, But i'm curious to know what is the Sound Signature on Damascus and how different is it as compared to Sultan regular, if at all.

Great help if someone has tried both and can share with me. Cheers!!

I believe they are the same!

Nov 28, 2022 at 3:52 PM Post #34,297 of 36,060
When I bought my Damascus I'm sure I read that the internal wiring was silver.
Also the Graphene cable is from what I gather a higher quality than standard.

Now what this does to sound quality I can't comment as I've haven't heard the standard Sultan. I did read a review where I think the reviewer had heard both and felt the Damascus was better if only marginally.

Nov 28, 2022 at 9:32 PM Post #34,298 of 36,060
Thanks Seb! I spoke to few guys offline and understand they are more similar than different when it comes to overall sound signature. Perhaps the use of better internals may bring in some technical improvements in Damascus, but no one seems to have compared the two.

Nov 29, 2022 at 3:41 PM Post #34,299 of 36,060
Thanks Seb! I spoke to few guys offline and understand they are more similar than different when it comes to overall sound signature. Perhaps the use of better internals may bring in some technical improvements in Damascus, but no one seems to have compared the two.

Anytime!

Nov 29, 2022 at 8:13 PM Post #34,300 of 36,060
@FullCircle Dude, you hit it out of the park with these Ragnars. I haven't heard the KKs or Sultans or others at the top or your or other lines, but damn these are insane. Congratulations and thanks for your great work.
I concur. My Kaiser Encore cannot be replaced by the Sultan, Khan & KKs but when the Viking Ragnar comes out, I had to upgrade it.

Nov 29, 2022 at 8:21 PM Post #34,301 of 36,060
@FullCircle, sorry if this may have been asked but is there a sound difference (and if so, what are the main differences) between Viking Damascus (released previously) and Viking Ragnar? There is indication that they are supposed to sound identical but I thought best to ask you instead :) thank you in advance!

Nov 29, 2022 at 10:16 PM Post #34,302 of 36,060
@FullCircle, sorry if this may have been asked but is there a sound difference (and if so, what are the main differences) between Viking Damascus (released previously) and Viking Ragnar? There is indication that they are supposed to sound identical but I thought best to ask you instead :) thank you in advance!

There are 3 differences between the Viking Damascus and the Viking Ragnar

1) material used for the housing
2) weight of the overall iem
3) cable

Internally they are the same

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Nov 29, 2022 at 10:49 PM Post #34,303 of 36,060
There are 3 differences between the Viking Damascus and the Viking Ragnar

1) material used for the housing
2) weight of the overall iem
3) cable

Internally they are the same

So, sound wise, putting aside sound nuances arising from different cables, the 2 would sound the same. Thank you!

Nov 29, 2022 at 10:56 PM Post #34,304 of 36,060
So, sound wise, putting aside sound nuances arising from different cables, the 2 would sound the same. Thank you!
Possibly the change in rigidity of the shell could produce a slight difference, but that could go either way depending on the specific attributes of the materials. As you probably know less vibrations can make for a tighter and slightly more detailed sound with better imaging clues because there's less disturbance for the drivers. But what if you actually like the result less because of that? Case in point: Although not relevant for Viking Ragnar, BCDs add vibrations to sound better and most of us like it; sending the age old school books straight out of the window.

drftr

Nov 29, 2022 at 11:10 PM Post #34,305 of 36,060
Possibly the change in rigidity of the shell could produce a slight difference, but that could go either way depending on the specific attributes of the materials. As you probably know less vibrations can make for a tighter and slightly more detailed sound with better imaging clues because there's less disturbance for the drivers. But what if you actually like the result less because of that? Case in point: Although not relevant for Viking Ragnar, BCDs add vibrations to sound better and most of us like it; sending the age old school books straight out of the window.

drftr
Thank you, I did consider what you have raised, but not sure if Noble is able to confirm this too. I’m considering Viking as I love its aesthetics. In that context, I may not be able to discern the sound differences, if any, arising from the shell. And principally, a more detailed sound is a win for me, cause that’s what I’m using Ragnar for - precision in sound production. My decision is all the more easier as BCD is not a consideration at play here :)

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back