Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Nov 25, 2022 at 10:01 PM Post #34,278 of 36,066
55D358A6-415D-4A00-9A23-03A20727235D.jpeg
Finally some impressions of the Noble Audio Kublai Kahn. I’ve only had a few hours with these thus far and this being my first time ever hearing a Noble Audio Product. I’ve always been intrigued by this long standing American brand and I thought the Kublai would be a good entry point. I love BC driver set ups and the tactile presence they give to the sound signature. I’ve owned every iteration of the UM Mests and Indigo being my favorite with still to this day the best imaging of any iem I’ve ever put into my ears. However what lacked for me with Indigo was the fatiguing treble that felt much too dry and pointed for such a dynamic monitor. I couldn’t get past it…..

KK has def remedied that!

KK was home waiting for me after work Wednesday evening, and I will say one of the best unboxing experiences I’ve had. I personally love the Nanuk case and can fit my Dap and three iems in it. The Kublai Khans themselves are well made and stunning to behold. The stock cable feels nice and looks aesthetically pleasing however I haven’t been able to hear KK with it as the left channel of the cable is not working and Bloom Audio is helping me out with this. So for my impressions I’m using the Traillii stock cable by PW Audio and source Lp P6pro with Eartune Fidelity U tips.

The first moment I listened it was a bit jarring as KK sounds different than what I’ve been listening to this past year. It’s clarity and transparency is off the charts. It did take some brain burn for me to be sucked in, much like it did with Supermoon. However where Supermoon lacked in Dynamic contrast the Kublai Khan has in spades. This is exactly
What I was after. A different sound with energy and dynamic swings on both macro and micro.

The bass is impressive, not overbearing or bloomy, digs deep and stays in its lane. Reminds me of Odin bass. Which is a HUGE compliment. It only comes out when the track calls for it. More of a sub bass boost and less Mid bass with this tuning which I am enjoying as most of my iems/buds are mid bass oriented sets. There is enough mid bass to give some warmth to the stage but not so much that technicals are smudged or lost. Coming into the midrange, it’s very linear with great layering and transparency…

Male vocals are exceptionally muscular and female vocals are sweet and natural while being pulled back a bit in the soundstage. Not much but just enough to let the rest of the stage encapsulate the listener. The soundstage is vastly wide and sounds bounce around the head in a 3D like image. There is a good amount of depth and height as well. Nothing cathedral like with Ier-Z1R. The details are everywhere, well separated with good amounts of air and placement/imaging is top notch. Instrument timbre is natural and realistic especially bass instruments, horns, strings. The only area I heard some struggle was some acoustic guitars in some tracks…lacked some heft and grit.

I will say the treble is my favorite here. So extended, never dry or blunted. Full of sparkle and detail, that never gets fatiguing. With the amount of detail one would think it may get boring or overly analytical, however the musicality with the KK is ever present. Maybe the BC driver at play.

Overall the Kublai Khan is wining me over with its Spacious, musical and technically competent sound, great imaging and fast transients. A world class quality bass and treble extension that rivals my experience with the planar king iem Supermoon. However, like Supermoon, KK loves well produced tracks. Poorer recording show of all that is lacking.

Really enjoy this monitor and tuning. I have Dr. Juggles 50’s clone cardas clear on the way to me and will report back if anything changes with that cable swap. ☺️
Very nice write-up, Jeremy. I hear Sultan is calling you...

drftr

Nov 26, 2022 at 11:09 AM Post #34,280 of 36,066
You won't regret it.
What's there to regret? I owned it.

1669478964037.png

Nov 26, 2022 at 12:20 PM Post #34,285 of 36,066
Better give him a set. :)

He would rather make his own.
I learned my craft at a hearing aid company in Thailand.

It is kind of a long story, but suffice it to say the lab is free for him to use. He builds his own CIEMs, just like I did before going commercial.

Same location, same tools, sitting in the same chair.

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Nov 26, 2022 at 12:44 PM Post #34,286 of 36,066
He would rather make his own.
I learned my craft at a hearing aid company in Thailand.

It is kind of a long story, but suffice it to say the lab is free for him to use. He builds his own CIEMs, just like I did before going commercial.

Same location, same tools, sitting in the same chair.
I love this! A Great Legacy

Nov 27, 2022 at 4:25 PM Post #34,289 of 36,066
Hey guys, is anyone using a Lotoo PAW Gold Touch with their Viking Ragnar? If so, how do you feel about the pairing?

Nov 28, 2022 at 1:55 AM Post #34,290 of 36,066
Hello everyone, hope y'all are safe and doing fine.

I'm thoroughly confused between Traillii/Viking Ragnar/Damascus Sultan. I heard the Traillii at a meet-up and fell in love with it (after EQing it's bass to lift it up a bit).

But I own a Kublai Khan and have an Odyssey incoming in a few days, which I'd be using with a Kann Max and FTS 4.4 cable.

I love the Traillii's vocals, but hated it's bass initially, but after listening to it with some EQ applied to it's bass, especially the sub bass, I felt I could use it on a greater variety of genres. But I love Kublai Khan's balance right off the bat as well.

I have the budget for a used Traillii or a brand new Ragnar. I'll be grateful to this group of someone could guide me wrt their opinions on the comparison between these 3 iems (KK, Ragnar and Traillii)

Regards,
Vishy

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back