Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Apr 9, 2014 at 6:44 PM Post #3,336 of 36,096
Can't blame a brother for checking for a promo code, before he drops $1800 on a pair of K-10's

Not at all! 
bigsmile_face.gif

Apr 10, 2014 at 3:13 AM Post #3,339 of 36,096
Can't blame a brother for checking for a promo code, before he drops $1800 on a pair of K-10's

I'd do the same, that's for sure. But crazy as it may sound, I actually think the K10 is worth the asking price. It's the only headphone I've ever heard that does everything so well. Bass to pop your eyeballs out of their sockets? Sure, if it's in the music. Sparkling, ever-extending treble? No problem, but never sibilant. Mids to die for? Why yes! Here, have an extra helping of details on the side, without ever getting overly analytical. Soundstage and imaging? Well, they can't beat an open full size can but they sure beat any other (C)IEM I've ever heard. @thegrobe said it perfectly in his review:

Quote:

My desktop gear has weaknesses. HD800 does most stuff wonderfully, but there are some tracks where it isn't perfect, could use more body. Same with LCD-3's. Great mids! Oh my! But the soundstage/comfort lacks. LCD-2 has very punchy bass but there is no sparkle on top, and closed in sounding. Point being, with those phones, there's always a track that pops up and you think "this would be preferable on another headphone". I don't get that with the K10. It shines with everything I've tried. 

Sure the K10 is divorce-inducingly expensive, but like with sports bikes and muscle cars: It's all about smiles per gallon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back