Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Apr 17, 2021 at 12:24 AM Post #33,316 of 36,067
Id wager maple, only because Jim uses a lot of maple. But it could be birch, Jim would know better than I. The shell though, is for sure paduak, no mistaking that for other woods. We don't have another wood that deep red. (Amboyna can get deep red but it is full of burl eyes & smells nice)
The only thing for certain is...they are gorgeous

Apr 17, 2021 at 7:06 PM Post #33,317 of 36,067
Thank you, choosing the face plate wood to coordinate with the paduak was a delicate matter.

giphy-4.gif

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Apr 29, 2021 at 10:15 AM Post #33,326 of 36,067
I have to agree in my opinion these are the best sounding tws earphones out in the market. Mr. Wizard i have 2 request on the firmware update if not the next falcon pro series which i know im probably gonna get.
1. to have the battery not getting drained while they are in the case and not being used. Cause by default their on while still in the case which eats up the battery charging in the case. Is there a way to have it where once case and earphone are fully charged they shutoff or stop using battery
2. A way to turn them back on and off after leaving them alone and the shut off. Because when i put in pause for awhile they turn off and i need to put them back in the case or i cant connect them back to my smartphone or player im using them with.

May 4, 2021 at 9:52 AM Post #33,327 of 36,067
Sultan LE is my go-to and the best tuned IEM I have ever heard for my preferences. In fact, I sold my Fourte Noir and Legend X SE in a recent downsizing effort and Sultan made the short list of what to keep. I am glad that these cover such a wide gamut of sound, and the bass is addicting. Easy on the e

A813254F-350D-4AF3-9DDD-3A700B815FE1.jpeg

Obviously a cable with some gold is welcome as well!

-Collin-

May 4, 2021 at 10:02 AM Post #33,328 of 36,067
Sultan LE is my go-to and the best tuned IEM I have ever heard for my preferences. In fact, I sold my Fourte Noir and Legend X SE in a recent downsizing effort and Sultan made the short list of what to keep. I am glad that these cover such a wide gamut of sound, and the bass is addicting. Easy on the e

-Collin-
I am also thinking to keep the Sultan even after getting the Mason FS. :thinking: Will do a side-by-side comparison soon.

I am thinking that if FS is the neutral option, then Sultan can be the colored option.

Last edited:
May 4, 2021 at 10:04 AM Post #33,329 of 36,067

A813254F-350D-4AF3-9DDD-3A700B815FE1.jpeg

-Collin-

Nice, this puts Sultan LE in a very high position as the new best of them all flagship iems 😎 it even beats the noirs then wow!

With what dap are you feeding sultan with?

May 4, 2021 at 10:12 AM Post #33,330 of 36,067
Nice, this puts Sultan LE in a very high position as the new best of them all flagship iems 😎 it even beats the noirs then wow!

With what dap are you feeding sultan with?

Just personal preference here, but absolutely worthy of high praise.

For sources, my usual setup is my iDSD Pro on the tube stage, since I’m glued to my desk all day for work. Evenings, Hiby R8. The R8 is more natural and relaxed, while iDSD is more akin to Hugo 2 with details (but the tube setting gives a nice texture of warmth throughout the signature). Both work very well with Sultan and no hiss on either one.

-Collin-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back