Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Jun 3, 2020 at 2:56 AM Post #32,447 of 36,055
I could use some help here. I've got a set of M3s. Since new, it doesn't matter what cable I use, the the pins fit snug and secure into the left ear bud, but the right is so loose the cable continuously falls out. I tolerated it for a while but I'm using them more and more and it's driving me crazy - so this morning I finally stripped a single thin strand of copper speaker wire and put it into one of the sockets to use like a shim so that the pins will hold secure in the earpiece. It's working but there's got to be a better solution. Suggestions?

Simple solution

Squeze the pin slightly with pliers, making them slightly oval rather than round.

Do this gradually, if you apply too much force you can make the pins too tight. The tolerances are very small, so it doesnt take much force to cause a change.

This is a strange but very common phenomenom which I have experienced with not only Noble but also 64 and Vision Ears iems utilizing the 2-pin system.........and it is ALWAYS the right socket which was the looser one from day one and become even looser later on with just a couple of cable swap. I am no industry insider but maybe most prominent iem makers order the 2pin sockets from the same supplier, and there was a bad batch (a large bad batch) during the past 2 years or so resulting in that? It had always been fine around 1 or 2 years ago - yea in the long run with a LOT of cable swaps the sockets will eventually become loose, but the problem is it is always the right side becoming loose and had been the looser side since day one.

Can people share if they are also experiencing this? I'm quite sure @holsen and myself won't be the only ones. And I'm mainly talking about iems with 2pin connections that were rolled out during the past 1-2 years.

Jun 3, 2020 at 3:09 AM Post #32,448 of 36,055
Sultan and Khan Bass:

Lets start with Glory Box by John Martin (I sure love his 3rd through 6th albums and some stuff before and after that). A very simple analogy is that for this song the Sultan does to the Khan what Legend X does to the Sultan. The Sultan has such a deeper bass on that song compared to the Khan. They both do the song well but very different. The Sultan does the treble vocals and bass equally and impactful. The Sultan does it in an enveloping 3D way. The Khan has a more exact BA type of bass. The vocals are a little behind the bass and treble with the Khan.

Take the song Teardrops by Avishai Cohen (amazing trumpet player) and Big Vicious. The song starts with just kick drum and cymbals. The Sultan and Khan are almost indistinguishable. The Khan bass is quicker though. Super quick decay. The Sultan has a slower decay and slightly more pronounced sub bass. Then when the guitar and then trumpet start the difference is more prevalent due to the more forward thicker mids of the Sultan.

And finally Get Lucky by Daft Punk. Bass is minimally more impactful with Sultan. Khan is as I stated above slightly quicker. They both do that song so well. Once again the difference in more forward and thicker mids come out with Sultan with the guitar and vocals. Khan is more intimate overall. Sultan has a bigger stage. The timbre is different. Thin and intimate for the Khan and thicker and larger for the Sultan.

OK I cannot help myself. The first 16 seconds of Dreams by those Fleetwood Mac people :) is all cymbals and bass. Again both IEMs sound great. The difference is so obvious with quicker tighter very present bass and treble on the Khan and slower, deeper and more layered bass and treble on the Sultan. Intimate vs. grandiose in a nutshell.

Thank you, much appreciated.

Jun 3, 2020 at 3:57 AM Post #32,450 of 36,055
This is a strange but very common phenomenom which I have experienced with not only Noble but also 64 and Vision Ears iems utilizing the 2-pin system.........and it is ALWAYS the right socket which was the looser one from day one and become even looser later on with just a couple of cable swap. I am no industry insider but maybe most prominent iem makers order the 2pin sockets from the same supplier, and there was a bad batch (a large bad batch) during the past 2 years or so resulting in that? It had always been fine around 1 or 2 years ago - yea in the long run with a LOT of cable swaps the sockets will eventually become loose, but the problem is it is always the right side becoming loose and had been the looser side since day one.

Can people share if they are also experiencing this? I'm quite sure @holsen and myself won't be the only ones. And I'm mainly talking about iems with 2pin connections that were rolled out during the past 1-2 years.
I went back to check my Tux5 just for curiosity and Bang... Right is slightly less grippie than Left using Stock cable (haveng change cable in a while).

I remember noticing that some time ago, but left ir there as I wasn't swapping cables.

So you guys are not alone. :)

Jun 3, 2020 at 7:21 AM Post #32,451 of 36,055
I went back to check my Tux5 just for curiosity and Bang... Right is slightly less grippie than Left using Stock cable (haveng change cable in a while).

I remember noticing that some time ago, but left ir there as I wasn't swapping cables.

So you guys are not alone. :)

Same for my Tux5 - slightly looser on right side but not detrimental.

Jun 3, 2020 at 8:49 AM Post #32,452 of 36,055

200_d.gif

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Jun 3, 2020 at 5:37 PM Post #32,456 of 36,055
Jun 3, 2020 at 8:02 PM Post #32,457 of 36,055
Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Jun 3, 2020 at 9:43 PM Post #32,459 of 36,055
Sultan and AAW Canary

Both have a similar driver make-up.

Sultan is 10 mm DD, 4 BA and 2 ESTAT

Canary is Isobaric dual diaphragm 6 mm DD, 4 BA and 2 ESTAT

Similar driver make-up but wow are they different. The Canary is defined by warmth across the spectrum and takes a Mack Truck to drive it.. Sultan is defined by alive across the spectrum. They both have an excellent soundstage. Width and depth are exceptional. The bass on both is very enjoyable. Canary is more of a thump vs thump and rumble with the Sultan. The vocals of the Canary are warmer and darker. The Sultan vocals are alive and more forward. The timbre on both is excellent IMHO. Along with warmth vs. alive another huge difference is in the treble. With the Canary the treble takes the back seat to the mids and bass. You need a newer truck with a backseat so the treble can sit back there and hang out on the Canary. With the Sultan the treble is right up in the front seat with the mids and bass. You need a late model pick up truck if you are going to take the Sultan out on a date. The mids, treble, and bass need to sit up front with the Sultan and that manual shifter better not get in the way!

IMG_9223.jpg

IMG_9224.jpg

Jun 4, 2020 at 1:54 PM Post #32,460 of 36,055
letsgoaudio_101035824_294959251664832_2776852482680990084_n.jpg
Hong Kong fans will get the chance at a very special version of the Sultan just for them!
From our friends at Lets Go Audio.​
I just got mine today and I think this is the second batch to HK. Seems selling quite well in HK:thumbsup:

So handsome:heart_eyes:
_R000381.jpg

Now, I pair them to Crystal Cable Dream Duet and LP6 Ti, sounds amazing:laughing:
_R000380.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back