Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Nov 22, 2019 at 1:39 PM Post #31,546 of 36,078
Hey all Noble friends! I am happy to report, that I just made a trade deal, for some new Massdrop K10U, and I am stoked. :ksc75smile: The Savant II, have been a gateway "drug" for me and it's time to move up the chain. Time to see what all the fuss is about. :wink:

Nov 22, 2019 at 2:55 PM Post #31,547 of 36,078
I hope you enjoy them as much as I do! :beerchug:

Nov 22, 2019 at 4:38 PM Post #31,548 of 36,078
Nov 22, 2019 at 7:10 PM Post #31,549 of 36,078
I'm now the proud owner of, if not the first then one of the first M3's in New Zealand.

To a certain degree I can see where the comments about being extremely V shaped come from.

Initially they seemed to be to me too, but after an hour or so they seemed to open up.

Interestingly it only occurred on certain older recordings more modern recordings or remastered recordings such as Fragile by Sting even ootb the mids weren't recessed at all.

All in all it could be "brain burn in" but I'm very happy with them and enjoying the music !

Last edited:
Nov 22, 2019 at 11:17 PM Post #31,550 of 36,078
Good Morning Vietnam

20191123_111100.jpg

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Nov 22, 2019 at 11:24 PM Post #31,551 of 36,078
I'm now the proud owner of, if not the first then one of the first M3's in New Zealand.

To a certain degree I can see where the comments about being extremely V shaped come from.

Initially they seemed to be to me too, but after an hour or so they seemed to open up.

Interestingly it only occurred on certain older recordings more modern recordings or remastered recordings such as Fragile by Sting even ootb the mids weren't recessed at all.

All in all it could be "brain burn in" but I'm very happy with them and enjoying the music !
So glad to hear that. Mine just shipped a couple of hours ago. They'll be here in a week; Really looking forward to them but would love to hear your further impressions after having some time with them. As you know there's not much written about them yet except for a few rather sparse comments.
I'll post my impressions and comments after I've had some time with them as well.

Last edited:
Nov 23, 2019 at 2:31 AM Post #31,552 of 36,078
How about the sound sig of the M3? I’ve owned the Sage in the past which I loved but would have liked a bit more through the bass frequencies. Clarity, separation and staging were all great on the Sage.

I haven"t heard the M3's but I owned the Sage and feel like the K10 is a similar sounding iem but better in all ways. The bass on the K10 is surprising. It's deep and hits notes I often don't expect but is clean as well.

Hey all Noble friends! I am happy to report, that I just made a trade deal, for some new Massdrop K10U, and I am stoked. :ksc75smile: The Savant II, have been a gateway "drug" for me and it's time to move up the chain. Time to see what all the fuss is about. :wink:

Congratulations.. I'm definitely interested to hear what you think of the two by way of comparison. I've been listening to my K10s about 3-4 or more hours per day for the last couple weeks and I still find moments when I just stop as I'm struck by how "real" the timbre and tone of an instrument is. The other day I was working outside and had an "uncanny valley" moment. The music sounded so real that there was a moment of almost confusion where the auditory world seemed to compete against the visual world for the title of "reality". I've only encountered that a couple times before and it's a little freaky when the "stage" in my head seems more real than what I'm seeing.. Maybe I'm just losing my mind.. or maybe that stage is just a nicer place to be than work.. ha ha...

Last edited:
Nov 23, 2019 at 5:37 AM Post #31,553 of 36,078
I haven"t heard the M3's but I owned the Sage and feel like the K10 is a similar sounding iem but better in all ways. The bass on the K10 is surprising. It's deep and hits notes I often don't expect but is clean as well.

Congratulations.. I'm definitely interested to hear what you think of the two by way of comparison. I've been listening about 3-4 or more hours per day for the last couple weeks and I still find moments when I just stop as I'm struck by how "real" the timbre and tone of an instrument is. The other day I was working outside and had an "uncanny valley" moment. The music sounded so real that there was a moment of almost confusion where the auditory world seemed to compete against the visual world for the title of "reality". I've only encountered that a couple times before and it's a little freaky when the "stage" in my head seems more real than what I'm seeing.. Maybe I'm just losing my mind.. or maybe that stage is just a nicer place to be than work.. ha ha...
Dang man! That experience sounds like what I have been chasing after, and can't wait to actually have it happen.

Nov 23, 2019 at 5:45 AM Post #31,554 of 36,078
I managed to get my Savant II back from my sister today as she wasn’t giving it much listening time

I changed the source and cable pairing and the treble has been brought forward and is sounding absolutely great..

These are the real king of the under 1k given my preferences, will certainly experiment some more with higher tier cables see what happens

Nov 23, 2019 at 5:52 AM Post #31,556 of 36,078

Congratulations.. I'm definitely interested to hear what you think of the two by way of comparison. I've been listening about 3-4 or more hours per day for the last couple weeks and I still find moments when I just stop as I'm struck by how "real" the timbre and tone of an instrument is. The other day I was working outside and had an "uncanny valley" moment. The music sounded so real that there was a moment of almost confusion where the auditory world seemed to compete against the visual world for the title of "reality". I've only encountered that a couple times before and it's a little freaky when the "stage" in my head seems more real than what I'm seeing.. Maybe I'm just losing my mind.. or maybe that stage is just a nicer place to be than work.. ha ha...
That's a really cool description of an interesting state. Don't often get such eloquent psychological insights on here.

Nov 23, 2019 at 6:10 AM Post #31,557 of 36,078
I managed to get my Savant II back from my sister today as she wasn’t giving it much listening time

I changed the source and cable pairing and the treble has been brought forward and is sounding absolutely great..

These are the real king of the under 1k given my preferences, will certainly experiment some more with higher tier cables see what happens
The treble on mine, with a silver litz Norne Therium 4 wire, has got some nice presence. I can only imagine what some top tier 8 wire silver can do, like your new DHC cable.

Last edited:
Nov 23, 2019 at 6:32 AM Post #31,558 of 36,078
So glad to hear that. Mine just shipped a couple of hours ago. They'll be here in a week; Really looking forward to them but would love to hear your further impressions after having some time with them. As you know there's not much written about them yet except for a few rather sparse comments.
I'll post my impressions and comments after I've had some time with them as well.
Well after a few more hours listening to them I can say that my first impressions still hold true.

On some recordings they do come across as V shaped but on others they sound incredibly detailed, clear, musical and more importantly fun!

The bass is solid with more of a focus on sub bass, which is what I prefer anyway.

The treble is detailed but not piercing or tending to sibilence which once again suits my preferences.

The overall sound of these is similar to the Fearless Audio Roland, but the M3's definitely have the edge in the treble details.

One thing I would say is that swapping the stock tips does make a difference, I'm using the Final Audio type E and to me it makes a huge difference.

Each to their own of course and everyone's ears are different shaped, but these seem to work best for me with the M3.

As I said in my original post they do seem to open up with time and they (to me) seem to become less V shaped as time goes by.

I do have the massdrop k10u and the Katana and although technically these may be better than the M3, the M3 is a hell of a fun listen.

Nov 23, 2019 at 7:32 AM Post #31,559 of 36,078
Well after a few more hours listening to them I can say that my first impressions still hold true.

On some recordings they do come across as V shaped but on others they sound incredibly detailed, clear, musical and more importantly fun!

The bass is solid with more of a focus on sub bass, which is what I prefer anyway.

The treble is detailed but not piercing or tending to sibilence which once again suits my preferences.

The overall sound of these is similar to the Fearless Audio Roland, but the M3's definitely have the edge in the treble details.

One thing I would say is that swapping the stock tips does make a difference, I'm using the Final Audio type E and to me it makes a huge difference.

Each to their own of course and everyone's ears are different shaped, but these seem to work best for me with the M3.

As I said in my original post they do seem to open up with time and they (to me) seem to become less V shaped as time goes by.

I do have the massdrop k10u and the Katana and although technically these may be better than the M3, the M3 is a hell of a fun listen.
You just made me want the M3, even more! I think I will eventually have to get a pair.

Nov 23, 2019 at 10:23 AM Post #31,560 of 36,078
You just made me want the M3, even more! I think I will eventually have to get a pair.
Black Friday is coming with 30% knocking them down to $520 for 2 days

Users who are viewing this thread

Back