Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
May 27, 2019 at 12:23 PM Post #30,347 of 36,064
The HU

With the Khan

Wow! Brilliant! My wife was working on her bookkeeping and walked around to see what I was playing. She said, " Who are they? are they Chinese?" I said I think they're Mongolian cause they came riding up on this wide open green flat land. Wikipedia... Sure enough...

"The Hu is a Mongolian heavy metal band formed in 2016. With traditional Mongolian instrumentation, including the Morin khuur, and Mongolian throat singing, the band calls their style of music "hunnu rock", hu being a Mongolian root word for "human".

Sorry to ramble on, I don't come here that often anymore but I do try to drop in every couple of weeks.
Just wanted to thank you, John, for sharing this music. Love learning/finding new music to listen to. This sounds amazing on my K10's just love these iem's!

Regards,
Claus

May 27, 2019 at 1:34 PM Post #30,348 of 36,064
@FullCircle

I think we'd all want to see a legacy K10!

I am currently jamming to my K10 loaner from my friend and the sound has really grown on me over the past few months. Good thing is when i have to let this one go in a week or so, hopefully my wait for my custom K10 won't need to be too long.

May 27, 2019 at 1:47 PM Post #30,349 of 36,064
Wow! Brilliant! My wife was working on her bookkeeping and walked around to see what I was playing. She said, " Who are they? are they Chinese?" I said I think they're Mongolian cause they came riding up on this wide open green flat land. Wikipedia... Sure enough...

"The Hu is a Mongolian heavy metal band formed in 2016. With traditional Mongolian instrumentation, including the Morin khuur, and Mongolian throat singing, the band calls their style of music "hunnu rock", hu being a Mongolian root word for "human".

Sorry to ramble on, I don't come here that often anymore but I do try to drop in every couple of weeks.
Just wanted to thank you, John, for sharing this music. Love learning/finding new music to listen to. This sounds amazing on my K10's just love these iem's!

Regards,
Claus

If your wife likes stuff that makes you scratch your head in wonderment....

This may do the trick...

Screenshot_20190523-175630_Google.jpg

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
May 27, 2019 at 2:10 PM Post #30,350 of 36,064
If your wife likes stuff that makes you scratch your head in wonderment....

This may do the trick...

LOL, LOL!!
I have that one, you posted it a while back, my wife did EXACTLY the same thing when I played that one...

My wife.." Hey is that ACDC?" Me... "No, but it's their song" My wife..." Why do I feel like I'm listening to Deliverance?" Me... "Cause he's playing the banjo!"

My wife... "Oh"

May 28, 2019 at 4:35 AM Post #30,351 of 36,064
I've tried the Khan with a few DAPs, but I was most impressed when it was driven by the Hugo 2. The Chord DAC brings out the best in Noble's flagship - that midrange magic is retained, but you lose none of the detail and excitement.
Thanks I have both Hugo's so will see how they sound - thanks

May 28, 2019 at 2:58 PM Post #30,353 of 36,064
Thanks I have both Hugo's so will see how they sound - thanks
Incidentally, I had my friend's Hugo with me during my last audition with the Khan. The comparison between the 2 devices was both cursory and brief, but I did find the Hugo 2 (white filter) faring a little better in showcasing the Khan's stellar treble section. Highs were sparkling, articulate and yet, very well controlled. I'd appreciate if you could chime in with your thoughts once you've compared the 2 yourself. Thanks! :)

May 29, 2019 at 5:45 AM Post #30,354 of 36,064
So finally a bit of feedback, I have found the Khans very comfortable, I use them (after lots of experimentation) with the RHA Dual Density Silicone tips and they insert nice and deep for decent isolation but are never itchy or uncomfortable. I mostly listen using a short FAW Hybrid IEM cable to my ES100 so the ergonomics are fantastic for out and about.

When it comes to sound the treble is very precise and detailed but I so far have never found it fatiguing or sibilant, everything is just more crisp that with my K10C. The mids have a similar feel to them where the sound seems very natural especially voices. The soundstage is big which has caught me out a few times where I thought something was behind me only to realise it was in the music which I have never experienced with an IEM before. The bass is very accurate, goes down deep but it is my only criticism of the Khans as I personally feel it is a bit low relative to the highs and mids. Using the ES100 app I applied the below EQ after some trial and error and now find the Khans sound perfect! They handled a few dB more bass great so the bass is a bit more elevated but it is still very clean.
Screenshot_20190529-103311__01.jpg

May 29, 2019 at 12:39 PM Post #30,355 of 36,064
@Rowethren Glad you're enjoying them.

I get my K10c sometime this summer and am excited to do comparisons myself, with the Khan!

May 29, 2019 at 1:07 PM Post #30,356 of 36,064
So finally a bit of feedback, I have found the Khans very comfortable, I use them (after lots of experimentation) with the RHA Dual Density Silicone tips and they insert nice and deep for decent isolation but are never itchy or uncomfortable. I mostly listen using a short FAW Hybrid IEM cable to my ES100 so the ergonomics are fantastic for out and about.

When it comes to sound the treble is very precise and detailed but I so far have never found it fatiguing or sibilant, everything is just more crisp that with my K10C. The mids have a similar feel to them where the sound seems very natural especially voices. The soundstage is big which has caught me out a few times where I thought something was behind me only to realise it was in the music which I have never experienced with an IEM before. The bass is very accurate, goes down deep but it is my only criticism of the Khans as I personally feel it is a bit low relative to the highs and mids. Using the ES100 app I applied the below EQ after some trial and error and now find the Khans sound perfect! They handled a few dB more bass great so the bass is a bit more elevated but it is still very clean.
What would be truly amazing is sound appearing to come from in front. That I would pay for!

May 29, 2019 at 1:15 PM Post #30,357 of 36,064
@krismusic How's you Mojo x K10c pairing? I'd like to step up my dap sometime this summer and mojo was what first came to mind.

May 29, 2019 at 1:33 PM Post #30,359 of 36,064
What would be truly amazing is sound appearing to come from in front. That I would pay for!
That does seem to be something that most if not all headphones struggle with. I do enjoy my headphones quite a bit but at the end of the day in a quiet environment my speakers always sound better; not always so practical though especially when other things are going on in the house.

@krismusic How's you Mojo x K10c pairing? I'd like to step up my dap sometime this summer and mojo was what first came to mind.
I know you didn't ask me but I used the Mojo connected to my Oneplus 3T for about a year and the sound was definitely a step up from direct from phone. More resolution throughout the spectrum and better instrument locating in the soundstage. I do find the ES100 not far off the Mojo in sound quality though which is great considering the significant improvement in ergonomics, much lower cost and fantastic app for control.

May 29, 2019 at 1:43 PM Post #30,360 of 36,064
@Rowethren Thanks.

You answered my question! I currently use the Earstudio as a portable rig and and that's fantastic to know. I'll hold off and focus more on investing in a desktop set-up then in time.

I currently have a K10u on loaner and the EarStudio x K10u combo is a lot of fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back