Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Feb 6, 2019 at 11:27 AM Post #29,281 of 36,066
from my experience 2-pin is absooolutely unreliable and bull****, is the worst thing in audiio ever. I broke it 5 times only at my K10. so no Noble anymore till they use this old fashion technology, now I use only campfire and westone.

No offence but you seriously broke your K10 pins 5 times? What on earth were you doing with them! I change my cable regularly between a Linum SuperBax and a short Forza AudioWorks Hybrid IEM that I use for my ES100 and I have never had a problem. They pull out and fit in smoothly. I have changed cables probably over 100 times without incident...

Feb 6, 2019 at 1:55 PM Post #29,282 of 36,066
How odd. I have never had a 2 Pin IEM fail on me connection wise before. MMCX, plenty before getting into the more high end realm.

Feb 6, 2019 at 2:53 PM Post #29,283 of 36,066
from my experience 2-pin is absooolutely unreliable and bull****, is the worst thing in audiio ever. I broke it 5 times only at my K10. so no Noble anymore till they use this old fashion technology, now I use only campfire and westone.

I did have a socket come out on my TF10 taking the cable off once. But that's the only issue ever in years with anything I have owned and all have been 2 pin.

Feb 6, 2019 at 6:24 PM Post #29,284 of 36,066

Agreed, 5 times is too much. Nevertheless, you should avoid all 2-pins options. Bcos you are either doing it the wrong way all/most of the times or you simply hate this "penatration" method :beyersmile:

jokes aside, its your money, buy products according to your usage habit.

Feb 6, 2019 at 7:07 PM Post #29,286 of 36,066
I confess, I broke pins before, because i placed my iems in my pocket!

FqhrmHp.gif

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Feb 6, 2019 at 7:49 PM Post #29,290 of 36,066
49913280_388073532022106_5122619059137118846_n.jpg

Oh, how I love coming across older @FullCircle designs. This one is a K10 and will be featured in the next week or so.​

Feb 7, 2019 at 6:24 AM Post #29,292 of 36,066
Agreed, 5 times is too much. Nevertheless, you should avoid all 2-pins options. Bcos you are either doing it the wrong way all/most of the times or you simply hate this "penatration" method :beyersmile:

jokes aside, its your money, buy products according to your usage habit.

I broke K10 2-pin 5 or 6 times - I tried to be very very very careful, keep them in case or special place in my bag - but nothing helps - 2 pin always broke sometime. Also I broke westone es5 2 or 3 times. sometimes I was able to remove broken pin from the earphone on my own or with help of my watch master, 2 times it was impossible and I sent it back to Noble across the ocean and waited 2-3 months. Westone I also sent to repair 2 times and second time I asked them replace 2-pin to mmcx which they use in their modern models (ES50 ect) and they did it. Also I sold my A18t because I also broke 2-pin and decided just to sell it. I would sell K10 as well - but eventually they got totally broken (again after 2-pin was broken first) and now they looks like this
6thGjfF-2dQ.jpg

Noble asked huge money for repair - about 800 USD or so, it is too uch I think for earhones which is always got broken - so I am thinking repair them at some Russian masters at home who promised to install mmcx there)

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2019 at 6:32 AM Post #29,293 of 36,066
I broke K10 2-pin 5 or 6 times - I tried to be very very very careful, keep them in case or special place in my bag - but nothing helps - 2 pin always broke sometime. Also I broke westone es5 2 or 3 times. sometimes I was able to remove broken pin from the earphone on my own or with help of my watch master, 2 times it was impossible and I sent it back to Noble across the ocean and waited 2-3 months. Westone I also sent to repair 2 times and second time I asked them replace 2-pin to mmcx which they use in their modern models (ES50 ect) and they did it. Also I sold my A18t because I also broke 2-pin and decided just to sell it. I would sell K10 as well - but eventually they got totally broken (again after 2-pin was broken first) and now they looks like this
6thGjfF-2dQ.jpg

Noble asked huge money for repair - about 800 USD or so, it is too uch I think for earhones which is always got broken - so I am thinking repair them at some Russian masters at home who promised to install mmcx there)

Could you have possibly been pulling the cables out incorrectly? I’ve cable-rolled on dozens of IEMs multiple times each, and I’ve never encountered any issues or damaged any pins; ever.

Feb 7, 2019 at 7:06 AM Post #29,295 of 36,066
I think inserting the cable is a quite strait-forward)

Cable-rolling involves plugging and unplugging the cable numerous times per IEM. With both recessed and flush sockets, I’ve never encountered the issues you’re describing, which suggests a human error, rather than mechanical failure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back