Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Mar 21, 2014 at 11:53 AM Post #2,822 of 36,065
Yeah if it could be dumbed down a bit. 
redface.gif

Mar 21, 2014 at 12:21 PM Post #2,823 of 36,065
Two cars in a garage, one convertabe, one hard top..... U pick the car u want to drive for the day by ur mood and needs, u can't drive both cars at once so u pick a car for the moment

But u still only have one garage

Same with the iems,

garage = IEM housing.

Car = BA drivers

U want a full range IEM, with some v- shape body for your pop, edm etc type genre..... Fine, flip the switch in upward position

U want an IEM, for unplugged acoustic genre, fine, flip the switch down , deactivating the full range driver cluster and activating the reference driver

.. Poof "R" mode (r=reference)

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Mar 21, 2014 at 1:22 PM Post #2,825 of 36,065
  Ah cool. I've been talking to SQDtech and am hoping to visit you in Kwun Tong sometime mid April for some 
ksc75smile.gif

Oh you are the guy!
beerchug.gif

hopefully before you are here the FR/PR demos will be here : X

GRAB US SOME WHISKEYS WHEN YOU COME!    
(just kiddin..... some pimm's or stella will work
biggrin.gif
 doesn't mind adding some fish and chips, missing'em :frowning2: )

Mar 21, 2014 at 2:33 PM Post #2,826 of 36,065
  I told everyone the news would be exciting! Yes, seeing the picture of that FR (or maybe it's a PR) is exciting, but let's not overlook the other important part of the announcement - adding the "R" option to a Noble CIEM! For me, the idea is very appealing. I have not heard the 5C but it supposedly sounds warm and full, along the lines of the original 8.A sound. So take that and add a reference, Etymotic type experience at the flip of a switch, and you've got both extremes covered in one CIEM.

Conceptually, it's like having opposing full size headphones in the same cups. Like a Grado PS500, then flip a switch and you have an LCD-2. Or a Denon D7000, flip a switch and it's an Audio Technica AD2000X. A very different sound, which may be more appropriate depending on the music.

I dunno how to explain it.... I just love the concept. But yes, the universal versions are exciting as well. 

These are exactly my thoughts, and really hone in on one of the main reasons I buy more than one headphone as an audiophile. Having it all in one housing at the click of a switch? It's like a dream come true.

Definitely looking at the 5C for the R option. A "work hard and play hard" IEM. :wink:

Mar 21, 2014 at 3:13 PM Post #2,827 of 36,065
  Oh you are the guy!
beerchug.gif

hopefully before you are here the FR/PR demos will be here : X

GRAB US SOME WHISKEYS WHEN YOU COME!    
(just kiddin..... some pimm's or stella will work
biggrin.gif
 doesn't mind adding some fish and chips, missing'em :frowning2: )

I guess the avatar is also a giveaway 
biggrin.gif

I'm hoping the FR/PR will be there when I'm in HK, but if not, I'll just bug Paul/Ok-Guy. 

I'll see how much stuff I can sneak through customs. 
wink_face.gif

Mar 21, 2014 at 3:40 PM Post #2,828 of 36,065
  I guess the avatar is also a giveaway 
biggrin.gif

I'm hoping the FR/PR will be there when I'm in HK, but if not, I'll just bug Paul/Ok-Guy. 

I'll see how much stuff I can sneak through customs. 
wink_face.gif

indeed
beerchug.gif

Really looking forward to flipping the flippy switches 
bigsmile_face.gif

guess some people may be addicted to the flip....

(Joe) will let you hear the Noble demos through a b&o cd player/b&o turntable with diamond tips (mmc3) <--- just for fun
also something shown below can be shared (dsp stuff, i'm not into it...)  

they have a mac bk pro there as source also vintage cd players i.e. cd150 from sony
I put that one there, don't break it
biggrin.gif

Mar 21, 2014 at 5:27 PM Post #2,830 of 36,065
Question to all.
Anyone here have any experience with the IE-800? And if so, how would you compare it to the K-10. Thanks in advance.

my personal view was that the N5 was better than IE800 when I demo'ed it... I have a deep affection for my N5 and I really can't see me changing anytime soon (the Wizard hand-made mine), when I get my Hugo in a couple of months I may have to have a rethink.

both the 8C & K-10 are a big step-up from the N5 when I had them on demo the other week... in truth others are better to advise.

Mar 21, 2014 at 5:30 PM Post #2,831 of 36,065
my personal view was that the N5 was better than IE800 when I demo'ed I... I have a deep affection for my N5 and I really can't see me changing anytime soon (the Wizard hand-made mine), when I get my Hugo in a couple of months I may have to have a rethink.

both the 8C & K-10 are a big step-up from the N5 when I had them on demo the other week... in truth others are better to advise.

Appreciate it.

Mar 21, 2014 at 6:25 PM Post #2,834 of 36,065
  So can anyone give me a more detailed information on the n5?  Fun and articulate aren't telling me much. I was looking at the N6, but i'm wondering if the N5 is more suited to me. 

Perhaps you could also let people know what kind of musical styles you intend to play through your new IEMs? That could be helpful in figuring out what might suit you best.

Mar 21, 2014 at 7:43 PM Post #2,835 of 36,065
  So can anyone give me a more detailed information on the n5?  Fun and articulate aren't telling me much. I was looking at the N6, but i'm wondering if the N5 is more suited to me. 

It has great balance between analytical and musical features. The bass is decent with great control. The mid section is quite neutral, not forward and not recessed either. It has a lift at its lower treble region which brings out the clarity and detail quite well. The treble extension is fair, not super extended but combine the lower - mid treble quite well providing a overall balanced and clear sound signature. It really does sounds like a junior 8C I demoed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back