Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Mar 15, 2017 at 1:42 PM Post #24,962 of 36,036
  this new spinfit, works well in my experience with universal noble (they have short nozzle) :)

I would like to try these, however I bet I can't get them in the UK for 'normal' prices. pmsl
I am using the double flange Noble tips at the moment. I can't seem to get on with any others atm. I want some Spiral Tips but can't get any, its crazy.

Mar 15, 2017 at 1:57 PM Post #24,963 of 36,036
the new ones are soft, not rigid. flexible and comfortable inside your ear canal. it is like putting a high quality ear plug, the isolation and fit are outstanding.

but using the normal/usual spinfits also work well. try inserting them only half-way the nozzle. so to enlengthen the nozzle inside your ears.

Mar 15, 2017 at 6:06 PM Post #24,965 of 36,036
OK, very brief initial impressions:

Fit is perfect. Great seal and they definitely disappear after a while. Thanks again Giselle!

Tried a couple of sources:

Nexus 6P - They sound great, but as a source the Nexus doesn't do them justice. Listened to some Foo fighters (mp3 only - Google Play) and it sounds damn good! I've got better sources though, so moved on to them pretty quickly!

2015 Retina MacBook pro - Threw some Macklemore on Tidal. Downtown is a good example of a song that shines with the Encores. It goes Seriously Deep very early on and you can feel dat bass! You can really hear the wide soundstage and get a pretty good "out of head" experience. Youth by Daughter is pretty stellar (Thanks @Sorensiim for pointing me to them), especially later when the drums really kick in. A bit of Fleetwood Mac (The Chain) next, and the Encores really let you feel so immersed in the music. The acoustic guitar or banjo being picked right next to my left ear sounds so real. The extension on the cymbals is really impressive too. Sia up next - Chandelier - great sense of air in the track. U2's Ordinary Love - love this song, and was really able to hear each instrument very distinctly. 

Will try Tidal Masters tomorrow from MacBook to Chord Mojo when I dig out a USB lead...

Fiio X5ii into Chord Mojo: Started with the Prodigy greatest hits, where a track like Breathe is a joy to listen to... moved on to some Biffy Clyro - Black Chandelier, then quickly to Chris Cornell's Songbook album, which is one of my favourite acoustic guitar recordings. You can really feel the timbre of that acoustic guitar through the Mojo in particular and the Encores really lift the album.

Enjoying it so far! Have a lot of music listening ahead of me. Think I'm going to enjoy rediscovering a lot of my favourite albums over the next while!

Thanks again to the folks at Noble!

Mar 15, 2017 at 6:20 PM Post #24,966 of 36,036
  OK, very brief initial impressions:

wow, @FullCircle must be proud. thanks for your impresion @petetheroadie. i feel the same when i listen to mine. that deep fat bass, and wide immersive soundstage, are simply amazing. if you have a silver cable, that would help tighten/round the notes up. i recommend listening to this before calling yer day :)

listen to the whistle (highs), guitar and notes (background, mids), and certainly the bass (lows). and finally the whole immersive soundstage. if it isn't the work of a wizard, doing his encore :)

Mar 15, 2017 at 6:26 PM Post #24,967 of 36,036

wow, @FullCircle must be proud. thanks for your impresion @petetheroadie. i feel the same when i listen to mine. that deep fat bass, and wide immersive soundstage, are simply amazing. if you have a silver cable, that would help tighten/round the notes up. i recommend listening to this before calling yer day :)

listen to the whistle (highs), guitar and notes (background, mids), and certainly the bass (lows). and finally the whole immersive soundstage. if it isn't the work of a wizard, doing his encore :)

Holy crap, that's amazing! Thanks for sharing!

Mar 16, 2017 at 9:17 PM Post #24,969 of 36,036

this new spinfit, works well in my experience with universal noble (they have short nozzle)
smily_headphones1.gif

What is the model of this spinfit?

I think they are CP220, if my memory serves. They do work well for getting a good secure fit, but I just tried something mind blowing that really helped with that too. I cleaned my blue tips with an alcohol wipe, now they are nice and grippy again. :) I definitely like the blue-tip sound the best. Review coming in under 24 hours!

Mar 16, 2017 at 9:28 PM Post #24,970 of 36,036
I think they are CP220, if my memory serves. They do work well for getting a good secure fit, but I just tried something mind blowing that really helped with that too. I cleaned my blue tips with an alcohol wipe, now they are nice and grippy again. :) I definitely like the blue-tip sound the best. Review coming in under 24 hours!

The only close to good fit I find is the large red-tip. The rest of the tip don't seem to give me a good isolation seem a little too small for my ears. And I do need to readjust a few times to push it in to ensure a good fit and isolation.
Will try on this spinfit dual flange to see if I can get a good fit and isolation without the need to readjust.

Mar 16, 2017 at 9:54 PM Post #24,971 of 36,036

I think they are CP220, if my memory serves. They do work well for getting a good secure fit, but I just tried something mind blowing that really helped with that too. I cleaned my blue tips with an alcohol wipe, now they are nice and grippy again.
smily_headphones1.gif
I definitely like the blue-tip sound the best. Review coming in under 24 hours!

The only close to good fit I find is the large red-tip. The rest of the tip don't seem to give me a good isolation seem a little too small for my ears. And I do need to readjust a few times to push it in to ensure a good fit and isolation.
Will try on this spinfit dual flange to see if I can get a good fit and isolation without the need to readjust.

If you can't find a tip that works, maybe try Snugs? They make custom tips for Noble's whole line-up, I believe. Either that, or sell your universal and get a custom. That will definitely solve your problem and you'll probably never need another IEM.

Mar 16, 2017 at 10:49 PM Post #24,972 of 36,036

I had a really tough time finding the right tips for my ears with the encores. None of the supplied tips worked that well for me. When I first got them, I was actually pretty disappointed because even though I could get seals with some of the stock tips, there wasn't enough isolation so they sounded very thin and with only minimal bass. It seemed like none of the stock tips had enough mass/substance to provide me sufficient isolation.

What I actually ended up doing initially was turn the large pair of the supplied grey silicones inside out, take a small amount of sugru, rolled it into a thin cylinder, stuck it around the exposed shaft of the tip, flip the tip right side in, and then stick the tips with the sugru inside in my ears. I then kept them in there for about 90 minutes to let the sugru set and create semi-custom fit tips (after the initial 90 minutes I then carefully took the tips off the envores and left them alone to set for 24 hours). This actually worked pretty well, but I still wasn't totally satisfied.

I have also tried spiral dots, which had the same problem as all the stock silicone tips (sealed well but didn't isolate sufficiently). I tried spinfits, but they also didn't provide enough isolation (although I want to give these another go without pulling them as far down the shaft of the encores though as was suggested above).

Ultimately, however, what has been best for me are the large Rebound foam tips I got on amazon (https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01H6IF1D4/ref=yo_ii_pd_dx_mr_1?ie=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B01H6IF1D4&pd_rd_r=KV4YVHBGM7NC6JTWEB7P&pd_rd_w=AiBtQ&pd_rd_wg=TEinm&psc=1&refRID=KV4YVHBGM7NC6JTWEB7P). ZNARI foam tips, which are also on amazon and are almost identical to the rebounds, also work really well. Complys were pretty good; however, I like the rebounds more because their foam is a little bit more like shire olives in that it is denser, squishier, and has a more durable coating on the outside, so they are lasting longer. The Rebounds and ZNARIs also quite a bit cheaper than comply, which is always nice :)

Mar 17, 2017 at 12:41 AM Post #24,973 of 36,036
I had a really tough time finding the right tips for my ears with the encores. None of the supplied tips worked that well for me. When I first got them, I was actually pretty disappointed because even though I could get seals with some of the stock tips, there wasn't enough isolation so they sounded very thin and with only minimal bass. It seemed like none of the stock tips had enough mass/substance to provide me sufficient isolation.

What I actually ended up doing initially was turn the large pair of the supplied grey silicones inside out, take a small amount of sugru, rolled it into a thin cylinder, stuck it around the exposed shaft of the tip, flip the tip right side in, and then stick the tips with the sugru inside in my ears. I then kept them in there for about 90 minutes to let the sugru set and create semi-custom fit tips (after the initial 90 minutes I then carefully took the tips off the envores and left them alone to set for 24 hours). This actually worked pretty well, but I still wasn't totally satisfied.

I have also tried spiral dots, which had the same problem as all the stock silicone tips (sealed well but didn't isolate sufficiently). I tried spinfits, but they also didn't provide enough isolation (although I want to give these another go without pulling them as far down the shaft of the encores though as was suggested above).

Ultimately, however, what has been best for me are the large Rebound foam tips I got on amazon (https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01H6IF1D4/ref=yo_ii_pd_dx_mr_1?ie=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B01H6IF1D4&pd_rd_r=KV4YVHBGM7NC6JTWEB7P&pd_rd_w=AiBtQ&pd_rd_wg=TEinm&psc=1&refRID=KV4YVHBGM7NC6JTWEB7P). ZNARI foam tips, which are also on amazon and are almost identical to the rebounds, also work really well. Complys were pretty good; however, I like the rebounds more because their foam is a little bit more like shire olives in that it is denser, squishier, and has a more durable coating on the outside, so they are lasting longer. The Rebounds and ZNARIs also quite a bit cheaper than comply, which is always nice :)

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Mar 17, 2017 at 12:54 AM Post #24,974 of 36,036
i am waiting for my snugs to arrive and test it with my wiz sage, see how the fit goes, currently can't find any good fits

Users who are viewing this thread

Back