Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Mar 14, 2017 at 10:50 AM Post #24,948 of 36,038
Hello all, not having much experience in the field, I would like to know, to listen to rock, hard rock, metal and with many live albums what would be the model most appropriate according to you, the K10UA, or the Kaiser Encore? Thank you very much.

Mar 14, 2017 at 11:38 AM Post #24,950 of 36,038
Yes, the ideal would be listening to the two models, the problem is that the K10UA no longer exists in the catalog... I think I'll already go to the corner store to try the Kaiser Encore. I also heard that the Kaiser Encore have a much larger stage, what is it really?

Mar 14, 2017 at 8:28 PM Post #24,951 of 36,038
What do you guys recon the impedance of the each Noble IEM is?  I just my Dulce Bass's, and I gauge them to have and impedance of around 75-85 ohms.  Would love to know how close I am to reality...

Mar 15, 2017 at 12:01 AM Post #24,952 of 36,038
finally met john moulton, aka wizard, at canjam sg. what a great guy. it was a memorable experience. listening to him; his past, plans for future, technicalities. it was very awe-inspiring.

Mar 15, 2017 at 12:10 AM Post #24,953 of 36,038
Yes, the ideal would be listening to the two models, the problem is that the K10UA no longer exists in the catalog... I think I'll already go to the corner store to try the Kaiser Encore. I also heard that the Kaiser Encore have a much larger stage, what is it really?

If I remember the sound signature correctly for K10, they do share the similarity of Andromeda. Both are very detail but when come to listen to rock and metal, it sounded too dry or should I say too boring. Lack of the punch that you need when listen to rock or metal which is the reason I choose Noble 6 back than. But if listen to classical/jazz/country, K10 are simply wonderful. This is my personal opinion to K10. 

You may wish to add Katana as a candidate. I love both Katana and Encore and really can't decide which to get initially. But after knowing there is a plan for Wizard Katana in the future, I decided to get Encore first. Katana is still in my wanted list... unless Wizard pull out another outstanding model this year.

Mar 15, 2017 at 3:39 AM Post #24,954 of 36,038
Hello all, not having much experience in the field, I would like to know, to listen to rock, hard rock, metal and with many live albums what would be the model most appropriate according to you, the K10UA, or the Kaiser Encore? Thank you very much.

I'm genuinely sorry, but the answer to your question is: It depends.

For less than stellar recordings, noisy stuff perhaps with the treble a bit too hot, K10 is what you want. For decent-to-good recordings with fast riffs, nicely mastered highs and hard-hitting drums, Encores are what you need.

For excellent recordings with more speed and details than thumping drums, the Katana would be the winner. 

I own all 3 (because I'm unreasonably lucky) and listen to Opeth, Anathema, Steven Wilson, Devin Townsend Project, Leprous, Tool, Puscifer, Porcupine Tree and a solid helping of Rammstein. Pretty much anything from prog rock to melodic death*. I'd say your best bet for covering all bases would be the Encore.

*And a good deal of electro too. And folk. And some classical.

Mar 15, 2017 at 5:19 AM Post #24,955 of 36,038
What lucky indeed to have all three models! At least you know their flagship of earphone range! I'll try to go a the shop around the corner to make my own idea... After your Council and with all the explanations you have me give I think me leaning more toward the Kaiser Encore! Thank you for these explanations.

Mar 15, 2017 at 10:03 AM Post #24,956 of 36,038

Thank you Noble Audio for the design, I loved it, and so did @jude
got this jewel at CanJam SG as part of the offer of buying K10 Encore and getting Wizard Sage as FOC

Mar 15, 2017 at 10:36 AM Post #24,957 of 36,038

Just had a totally unexpected delivery
basshead.gif

Thank you Dr. Wizard!
biggrin.gif

Review to follow in a few weeks. Any recommendations on (brain?) burn-in times and ear tip choice?

They're really much smaller in real life than the pictures have thus far suggested, and totally comfortable
beerchug.gif

Mar 15, 2017 at 10:55 AM Post #24,959 of 36,038

Just had a totally unexpected delivery
basshead.gif

Thank you Dr. Wizard!
biggrin.gif

Review to follow in a few weeks. Any recommendations on (brain?) burn-in times and ear tip choice?

They're really much smaller in real life than the pictures have thus far suggested, and totally comfortable
beerchug.gif

rumor has it spinfit is good, but i use RHA tips

Users who are viewing this thread

Back