Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Mar 9, 2017 at 3:07 PM Post #24,917 of 36,065
Hello all,

I just wanted to post this in a couple of places as it may help some people decide between the Katana and the Kaiser Encore. When I first received the Katana, I was so impressed with it that I just had to try the Kaiser Encore. I remember reading HisoundFi's review of the Kaiser Encore and thinking that his comparison of the Kaiser Encore and the Katana were conflicting with most of the impressions that I have seen. His review is below:

http://www.head-fi.org/products/noble-audio-encore-universal-flagship-in-ear-monitor/reviews/17688

Some of the more interesting things to note are that he stated the Katana was warmer and the Kaiser Encore had a better sense of space and air. Based on most of the stuff I've read, I thought the opposite would be true. However, after a few short comparisons today, I agree with HisoundFi's findings. I might also add that these are very initial impressions and the differences are only really noticeable when compared directly. I would've never considered the Katana to sound warm before hearing it side by side with the Kaiser Encore. I want to be careful not to give the impression that the Katana is laid back, colored, or fun sounding. They are both very refined, balanced, and musical to my ears. They're just slightly different flavors of the same candy. The differences will really come down to personal preferences as both are extremely competent IEMs. I would be happy with either as my primary IEM. Just my two cents.

Cheers

Mar 9, 2017 at 4:12 PM Post #24,918 of 36,065
Sorry, hate uploading pics from my phone, so waited to do it from my laptop. They're very similar to the Katana's posted by Brannan above:

Exactly what I wanted!

Happy camper now design wise. Can't wait to hear what they sound like now!

Pete

They look great. Your perseverance paid off. Not to mention ignoring my advice to go for a completely different design! :wink:

Mar 9, 2017 at 9:08 PM Post #24,920 of 36,065

Will you be at CanJam SoCal in April?

No, but i suspect Brannan will be there. I'll be in Indonesia next week.

see you soon at PAFI!
biggrin.gif

Mar 10, 2017 at 9:58 AM Post #24,923 of 36,065
They look great. Your perseverance paid off. Not to mention ignoring my advice to go for a completely different design! :wink:

I figured it would be something minor that resulted in them not being right and it was easy enough to resolve in the end. You know when you have your heart set on something. I would have always regretted it if I'd changed the design, so I'm glad it worked out.

Mar 10, 2017 at 1:15 PM Post #24,924 of 36,065
I figured it would be something minor that resulted in them not being right and it was easy enough to resolve in the end. You know when you have your heart set on something. I would have always regretted it if I'd changed the design, so I'm glad it worked out.

So am I. Hopefully you will love the sound. :)
It's been such an ongoing problem that I have forgotten. What model are they? Props to Noble for sticking with it and getting it right. I hope they fit!!!!

Mar 10, 2017 at 6:34 PM Post #24,927 of 36,065
I got my impressions done with the wonderful Gisele at Aid2hearing in London, who Noble recommends and she seemed really happy with how they turned out, so fingers crossed I've done everything I can to get a great fit.

The lovely Giselle (TM) did my impressions and I got a really good seal. You should be fine. From what I read the Encores will be fantastic.
I love my K10's and the Encores apparently build on their sound. Didn't realise you were UK. :)

Mar 11, 2017 at 12:59 AM Post #24,928 of 36,065
Used Gisele here as well, perfect fit first time. If you haven't used CIEMs before don't panic if they feel odd for a few days it is a bit off a different feel compared to standard IEMs :)

Mar 11, 2017 at 3:48 AM Post #24,929 of 36,065
When I had my impressions done I found that Gisele was a real perfectionist. She knows exactly what makes for great impressions. And if they do feel like there is something not right, she will help sort it out. That said, I believe she has never had a Noble sent back for adjustment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back