Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Feb 18, 2017 at 11:16 AM Post #24,706 of 36,066
If you attend the Singapore show, please come by and say hi

I will, John! Hope to see you and Brannan at the show. 
smile.gif

Feb 18, 2017 at 1:56 PM Post #24,708 of 36,066
I wouldn't worry too much about the output impedance of a DAP. In my experience with my K10s, anything I have used between less than 1 Ohm to around 3 Ohms is fine.

​Thanks for the reply. Yeah the guys over at the sound science section reckon the change in frequency response would only be around 1.5dB lower in the sub-bass and the same amount higher in the treble, which would be barely audible, so I think I'll spend my money elsewhere. A recommended output impedance range would be a very useful thing for headphone manufacturers to provide though, just as DAP/DAC/amp manufacturers provide recommended headphone impedance ranges to be used with their devices. Not sure why it's not the same the other way round.

Feb 18, 2017 at 3:16 PM Post #24,709 of 36,066
Decided to roll a few of the included tips... whoa. I managed to find a slightly better seal with the Dulce's and the bass is even more present. I'm listening to some Head Automatica (electro-pop-rock) and it sounds delicious. The ba drivers have no problem keeping up with the pace, the bass is reaching and hitting nice and low, mids are ever present, and the tips I'm using managed to find a smidge more sparkle which I appreciate.

Off to roll some more tips!

beerchug.gif

Feb 19, 2017 at 1:59 AM Post #24,710 of 36,066
I just tried my K10s with a silver cable....and it definitely makes a difference in terms of airiness and soundstage.

I am interested in purchasing silver wires....but can anyone tell me what the difference between # of "cores" actually does and what that really accomplishes? There are way more cores than "pins" so what does an 8core silver wire really accomplish over a 4core silver wire other than the fact that it is.....thicker and provides back-up if one wire "fails"?

Feb 19, 2017 at 7:15 AM Post #24,711 of 36,066
  I just tried my K10s with a silver cable....and it definitely makes a difference in terms of airiness and soundstage.

I am interested in purchasing silver wires....but can anyone tell me what the difference between # of "cores" actually does and what that really accomplishes? There are way more cores than "pins" so what does an 8core silver wire really accomplish over a 4core silver wire other than the fact that it is.....thicker and provides back-up if one wire "fails"?

I can't answer your question but just want to 'throw this into the mix'.......
I use a SW24 cable and before that, the factory Noble cable. I think how it feels and how it sits around your ears and neck, etc is very important as well. So bear in mind that more wire cores, etc will usually mean a thicker cable somewhere!
I found this change from Noble cable to the SW24 annoying. The Noble cable disappears and does not even exist when you listen. The SW24 has weight and heft to it and so that makes a difference to how it sits on my ears and across my chest whilst I sit listening.
It's just something to think about with all of these cables we want.
BTW, as you say, the SW24 type cable is awesome and for me too, also improved soundstage even with the Nobles.
For me personally, I feel the Linum SuperBax would be better when it is released.

Feb 19, 2017 at 8:22 AM Post #24,712 of 36,066

I've had both, and in my opinion the only real difference is the aesthetics and comfort of the cable.  8 conductors are very cool looking. Conductivity probably is only affected when you are using a super long cable, such as a speaker cable.

Feb 19, 2017 at 11:03 AM Post #24,713 of 36,066
More cores is just about more "coolness factor" and cost. The amount of current flowing through these wires is miniscule. In my experience, different cables can affect the sound, but not make a night and day difference like you see in some posts. The Noble stock cables are already good quality and comfortable to wear (you can cut off the memory wire if it bothers you). If you want bling, though, knock yourself out with some custom cables.

Feb 19, 2017 at 3:53 PM Post #24,714 of 36,066
Can i have more cores please

Feb 19, 2017 at 4:27 PM Post #24,715 of 36,066
More cores is just about more "coolness factor" and cost. The amount of current flowing through these wires is miniscule. In my experience, different cables can affect the sound, but not make a night and day difference like you see in some posts. The Noble stock cables are already good quality and comfortable to wear (you can cut off the memory wire if it bothers you). If you want bling, though, knock yourself out with some custom cables.

thanks for the direct answer,

but i definitely wouldnt say silver wires are only "bling". I have tried my k10s with silver wires and they do make a difference which is why my initial post was not a "how much better are silver wires" but "whats the difference between core #". The difference is definitely not night and day as you said ... but the silver wires do change the audio in very noticeable (and better for my preferences) way which is why i will be purchasing my own silver wires to use.

Feb 19, 2017 at 6:15 PM Post #24,716 of 36,066
I didn't say I don't think silver wires won't affect the sound...but either copper, silver, combination, etc work fine for this purpose. As a personal preference, though, I don't like the extra bulkiness of 8 core wires, and they can look very cool, but I find them clunky to use.

Feb 19, 2017 at 6:50 PM Post #24,717 of 36,066
thanks for the direct answer,

but i definitely wouldnt say silver wires are only "bling". I have tried my k10s with silver wires and they do make a difference which is why my initial post was not a "how much better are silver wires" but "whats the difference between core #". The difference is definitely not night and day as you said ... but the silver wires do change the audio in very noticeable (and better for my preferences) way which is why i will be purchasing my own silver wires to use.
A shame that a blind test would be difficult to arrange.

Feb 20, 2017 at 12:28 AM Post #24,720 of 36,066
Not particularly i would think, just need a blindfold and someone (friend, SO, etc) to swap wires (or not) and put the ciems back in your ear and possibly hold the wires so u cant identify them by feel.
Quite a palaver. If you were prepared to do it, the result would be very interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back