Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Dec 19, 2016 at 3:45 PM Post #24,197 of 36,042

I'm enjoying this pairing! :)

Dec 19, 2016 at 6:07 PM Post #24,198 of 36,042
  Which Noble flagship has the best bass impact? And how much bass would it have say compared to Campfire's Vega or Shure's 846? Both are bass monsters to me. 

I own a pair of  k10ua and recently I have tried katana. I must say katana is better for instrumental in terms of overall clarity while I don't think it is lighter in bass as some described, just it is presented in a different way. For example for jazz bass instrument the k10 sounds more like a punch (compare with katana) while katana sounds more like string instrument and more elastic (compare with k10ua). Katana also goes deeper and there is more fun for instrumental music.

So it depends on what kind of music you are dealing with. k10ua should be better for vocal and pop while katana should be better for instruments, and to me katana even has a better "bass" for jazz music.

I am seriously considering to upgrade into katana while I may still wait for Kaiser encore demo to finally decide.

Dec 20, 2016 at 3:01 AM Post #24,204 of 36,042

Nice!

I just heard that my impressions were received at the lab and confirmed my design. Now the wait really starts!

I'm not gonna lie, it's brutal, although it gets better towards the end. It took the full 8 weeks plus a day, so don't be hoping for an early completion.  To be fair, I am right at the most busy time of the year for them - so maybe you'll get lucky! I'm so pumped - bought a Mojo and am thinking of getting the AK70, but I'm waiting for CES to see what the Mojo add-on is going to look like.  If it doesn't stream, which I can't imagine it does, I'll probably not get it.  

Anyhoo, good luck with your purchase and feel free to PM me if you want to talk about it during the wait. :) I totally understand. Totally. 

Dec 20, 2016 at 3:18 AM Post #24,205 of 36,042
I'm not gonna lie, it's brutal, although it gets better towards the end. It took the full 8 weeks plus a day, so don't be hoping for an early completion.  To be fair, I am right at the most busy time of the year for them - so maybe you'll get lucky! I'm so pumped - bought a Mojo and am thinking of getting the AK70, but I'm waiting for CES to see what the Mojo add-on is going to look like.  If it doesn't stream, which I can't imagine it does, I'll probably not get it.  

Anyhoo, good luck with your purchase and feel free to PM me if you want to talk about it during the wait. :) I totally understand. Totally. 

Cheers Naughrim! I have a mojo and it's a great piece of kit! A number of folks here also mentioned that it pairs well with the Encores, Katanas and the original K10s.

Looking forward to their announcement at CES too. Doubt it'll stream but I think it'll do enough to replace my Fiio X5II.

Dec 20, 2016 at 6:28 AM Post #24,206 of 36,042
I am thinking about getting Encore customs. Other than Black Friday and Wizards Birthday is there any other times of the year were there are sweet deals on these lovely Noble's.

Also, I just received my Dita Andwer Truths back today from a repair. Whilst they were away I bought the Katana's and some K10ua's. Both the Katana and K10 are on a completely different level to the Answer Truth in terms of detail/transparency. I feel that the K10 goes as low as the Answer Truth also (haven't checked the Karana but it goes as low generally with potentially improved texture).

Agree with what others have said re the Katana's being truly incredible for instruments, guitars and such blow me away.

The Katana's have given me probably my most enjoyable listening experiences over the last 3 years of being totl iem's. Listening after the family has gone to bed really makes me feel as if I am there hearing the music live like no other IEM I have heard (including Lab 1 etc).

I actually don't find either the Katana or the K10 to be overly enjoyable if I am using them as background music whilst working. That changes when I focus and listen and really absorb the large amount of detail being provided. Closing your eyes for the win.

Dec 20, 2016 at 7:07 AM Post #24,207 of 36,042
I am thinking about getting Encore customs. Other than Black Friday and Wizards Birthday is there any other times of the year were there are sweet deals on these lovely Noble's.

Also, I just received my Dita Andwer Truths back today from a repair. Whilst they were away I bought the Katana's and some K10ua's. Both the Katana and K10 are on a completely different level to the Answer Truth in terms of detail/transparency. I feel that the K10 goes as low as the Answer Truth also (haven't checked the Karana but it goes as low generally with potentially improved texture).

Agree with what others have said re the Katana's being truly incredible for instruments, guitars and such blow me away.

The Katana's have given me probably my most enjoyable listening experiences over the last 3 years of being totl iem's. Listening after the family has gone to bed really makes me feel as if I am there hearing the music live like no other IEM I have heard (including Lab 1 etc).

I actually don't find either the Katana or the K10 to be overly enjoyable if I am using them as background music whilst working. That changes when I focus and listen and really absorb the large amount of detail being provided. Closing your eyes for the win.

I cant enjoy a good steak while driving either. :frowning2:

Welcome to the Noble family. As far as sales go, historically, Noble has only offered seasonal discounts, birthday and black friday.

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Dec 20, 2016 at 9:43 AM Post #24,208 of 36,042

I own a pair of  k10ua and recently I have tried katana. I must say katana is better for instrumental in terms of overall clarity while I don't think it is lighter in bass as some described, just it is presented in a different way. For example for jazz bass instrument the k10 sounds more like a punch (compare with katana) while katana sounds more like string instrument and more elastic (compare with k10ua). Katana also goes deeper and there is more fun for instrumental music.

So it depends on what kind of music you are dealing with. k10ua should be better for vocal and pop while katana should be better for instruments, and to me katana even has a better "bass" for jazz music.

I am seriously considering to upgrade into katana while I may still wait for Kaiser encore demo to finally decide.

The K10's bass sounds a few notches heavier and stronger than the Katana. The latter has clean, detailed bass with great sub-bass extension; however, the former simply kicks butt when a bass heavy track/song starts playing. I like the Katana's attention to detail and clarity, but I am too much in love with the K10's midrange + bass-leaning sound signature. I am hoping the Encore walks a fine line between the 2 (as many have already testified). I should be able to audition the Encore by the end of this year, or by early January.

Dec 20, 2016 at 10:08 AM Post #24,209 of 36,042
I cant enjoy a good steak while driving either.
frown.gif

Welcome to the Noble family. As far as sales go, historically, Noble has only offered seasonal discounts, birthday and black friday.

Celebrate more birthdays, DUH. By now mine should be on the list, its May 27th.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back