Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Dec 7, 2016 at 9:34 AM Post #24,001 of 36,135

THEY'RE HERE!

Shots straight from my phone will have to do for now, will post better pictures as soon as I get some time to break out the camera.

The CIEMs were well protected in a little black velvet pouch, in a Peli 1010 case, in a cardboard wrap, which was surrounded by an inch of foam padding on all sides, inside the sturdy cardboard box, inside the protective UPS plastic "envelope". I'm pretty sure you could skip the entire truck part of the delivery chain and just drop them straight from the cargo jet and they'd still be fine. Box includes the CIEMs (duh), black Noble cable (with a new type of memory wire that's a big step up from the old one), Noble stickers, velvet pouch, cleaning tool, Noble rubber bands for stacking and the wonderful little Peli 1010.

Whoa mama! The shells are a nearly pitch black purple, with contrasting magenta swirls. They sooo deserve a proper camera.

Noticably beefier than my old K10, but a perfect fit.

K10 Encore to the left, Original K10 on the right.

Kickass combo!

First impressions of the sound: Exactly what I hoped for. That Katana-style clarity with some seriously beefed up bass muscle. Very, very positive first impression for sure.

Nice!

I'm eager to hear your impressions between the Encore and the K10. The Katana is a great IEM, but I'd like something more colored (like the K10). If the Encore straddles between the 2, it might just be the upgrade that I'm looking for. 
smile.gif

Dec 7, 2016 at 9:47 AM Post #24,003 of 36,135

It is.

Well, straight from the Wata's mouth. Thanks! 
wink.gif

The demos have not arrived in Singapore yet, but once they are in, I'll be quick to give them a good audition. Time to ask my wife for a little Christmas present. 
biggrin.gif

Dec 7, 2016 at 9:48 AM Post #24,004 of 36,135

wink.gif

The demos have not arrived in Singapore yet, but once they are in, I'll be quick to give them a good audition. Time to ask my wife for a little Christmas present. 
biggrin.gif

I find it better for your health not to ask. The E have a better sound stage and improved clarity over the old school, simple as that.

Dec 7, 2016 at 9:49 AM Post #24,005 of 36,135

wink.gif

biggrin.gif

They are not quite the same, the K10 and the Encore. The K10 is noticeably bassier and thicker to my ears. The Encore has a more balanced sound, the bass isn't as big and the mids less thick. However, I like it more that way. The Encore is also a clear improvement on the K10 on the technical front in all aspects.

Dec 7, 2016 at 10:09 AM Post #24,007 of 36,135
How much is Noble present in CanJams? Say, if I finally took part in the next CanJam London, could I have my earmolds taken there and place an order for the custom Encores?

Dec 7, 2016 at 11:04 AM Post #24,009 of 36,135

I find it better for your health not to ask. The E have a better sound stage and improved clarity over the old school, simple as that.

That sounds just about right to me. I might miss the thicker, more intimate mids of the original K10, but then again, if I don't try the Encore, I wouldn't know.

Besides, I can't hide such purchases from the wife, you know. She actually adores the Katana, so if I'm going to get an Encore, she's definitely going to be thinking of getting a Katana herself. 
ph34r.gif

They are not quite the same, the K10 and the Encore. The K10 is noticeably bassier and thicker to my ears. The Encore has a more balanced sound, the bass isn't as big and the mids less thick. However, I like it more that way. The Encore is also a clear improvement on the K10 on the technical front in all aspects.

Well, the K10 indeed loses out in technicality to some of the other TOTL IEMs in the market. However, I love them for what they are - a midrange focused beast that presents lush, powerful vocals along with some of the best low-end presentations around. Still, I'm sure the Encore is a few steps up the ladder in terms of technical attributes. Can't wait to try them out.

Dec 7, 2016 at 11:08 AM Post #24,010 of 36,135
  How much is Noble present in CanJams? Say, if I finally took part in the next CanJam London, could I have my earmolds taken there and place an order for the custom Encores?

From the past two years, Giselle from Aid2Hearing is always there for most of the day to help Noble with any ear impressions requirements. So, yes, if the situation doesnt change.

Dec 7, 2016 at 11:12 AM Post #24,011 of 36,135

From the past two years, Giselle from Aid2Hearing is always there for most of the day to help Noble with any ear impressions requirements. So, yes, if the situation doesnt change.

Doesn't Brannan also make ear impressions at shows sometimes?

Dec 7, 2016 at 11:44 AM Post #24,012 of 36,135
Nice!

I'm eager to hear your impressions between the Encore and the K10. The Katana is a great IEM, but I'd like something more colored (like the K10). If the Encore straddles between the 2, it might just be the upgrade that I'm looking for. :smile:

What Wata said. The Encore is a K10-flavoured Katana, basically. You get the raw technical performance of the Katana with that sweet K10 touch of warmth. And some SERIOUS bass when called for!

I agree that the Encore is a noticeable improvement of the technical abilities of the K10, but so far I find the bass to be at least on the K10 level. With Deadmau5 and Röyksopp, the Encore lets me feel the bass in my throat. Having an iem deliver a physical sensation of bass is quite the experience.

Dec 7, 2016 at 12:12 PM Post #24,014 of 36,135
What Wata said. The Encore is a K10-flavoured Katana, basically. You get the raw technical performance of the Katana with that sweet K10 touch of warmth. And some SERIOUS bass when called for!
I agree that the Encore is a noticeable improvement of the technical abilities of the K10, but so far I find the bass to be at least on the K10 level. With Deadmau5 and Röyksopp, the Encore lets me feel the bass in my throat. Having an iem deliver a physical sensation of bass is quite the experience.

I'm off to find me some of that! lol. Will post back with my amateur thoughts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back