Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Oct 27, 2016 at 1:13 PM Post #22,952 of 36,135
  Sure, but with the 20% VAT rebate for buying directly from the UK while located outside the EU, and the weaker GBP, the discount from domestic retail here was over 2000 GBP. I guess that's not significant, though...

That will buy a pair of Noble IEMs at anybody's prices
wink.gif

Oct 27, 2016 at 1:16 PM Post #22,953 of 36,135
That will buy a pair of Noble IEMs at anybody's prices
wink.gif

Yes, as I said, that was my take on the price increase for this particular retailer. Would be curious to know if they ever clarify it though. Personally I'm trying not to be tempted by the Katana, and stay put with my current K10. Although Black Friday is coming up... 

Oct 27, 2016 at 1:22 PM Post #22,954 of 36,135
  Yes, as I said, that was my take on the price increase for this particular retailer. Would be curious to know if they ever clarify it though. Personally I'm trying not to be tempted by the Katana, and stay put with my current K10. Although Black Friday is coming up... 

I asked them on Facebook this afternoon about the sudden hike in Noble prices....was given a pretty poor standard response of 'we've kept prices as low as possible, other earphones etc will also be going up in price over the next couple of weeks'  Not seen or seeing this from other retailers in the UK who sell earphones so not sure I buy into it really.

Oct 27, 2016 at 1:31 PM Post #22,955 of 36,135

I asked them on Facebook this afternoon about the sudden hike in Noble prices....was given a pretty poor standard response of 'we've kept prices as low as possible, other earphones etc will also be going up in price over the next couple of weeks'  Not seen or seeing this from other retailers in the UK who sell earphones so not sure I buy into it really.

If you know of any other retailers who deliver outside the EU, might be interesting to check their list prices too. I'd attribute this to overseas orders, for now.

Oct 27, 2016 at 1:38 PM Post #22,956 of 36,135
  If you know of any other retailers who deliver outside the EU, might be interesting to check their list prices too. I'd attribute this to overseas orders, for now.

I'm on the EU though and in the UK, same country as Audio Sanctuary.

Oct 27, 2016 at 2:07 PM Post #22,957 of 36,135

Hey guys, the fact of the matter is as the pound has slid further against the dollar we have neglected to update the pricing in the UK. Our customers in the UK have enjoyed some really nice price breaks on the universals in particular, just because currency exchange is a moving target and we have tried to keep things stable by eating the price fluctuations. With the addition of Audio Sanctuary and the benefits they bring being a local retailer, prices need to be updated as they are being invoiced in dollars and not pounds. I've been told by Phil that the new prices include 20% VAT and import duties. Having a look at the dollar pricing, if you were to add VAT and import duties to those prices you would not come out ahead.

New pricing for current products below:

Trident - £349
Savanna - £439
Savant - £549
Dulce Bass - £599
Django - £899
K10U - £1499
Katana - £1699

Oct 27, 2016 at 2:08 PM Post #22,958 of 36,135

I think there might be some custom Katanas with my name on come Black Friday... temptation will always win...

...but maybe not after reading the above post

Oct 27, 2016 at 2:15 PM Post #22,959 of 36,135
Hey guys, the fact of the matter is as the pound has slid further against the dollar we have neglected to update the pricing in the UK. Our customers in the UK have enjoyed some really nice price breaks on the universals in particular, just because currency exchange is a moving target and we have tried to keep things stable by eating the price fluctuations. With the addition of Audio Sanctuary and the benefits they bring being a local retailer, prices need to be updated as they are being invoiced in dollars and not pounds. I've been told by Phil that the new prices include 20% VAT and import duties. Having a look at the dollar pricing, if you were to add VAT and import duties to those prices you would not come out ahead.

New pricing for current products below:

Trident - £349
Savanna - £439
Savant - £549
Dulce Bass - £599
Django - £899
K10U - £1499
Katana - £1699

In all honesty I don't think using the term "price breaks" is really appropriate. People in the UK are earning the same amount they have for roughly the last 10 years despite inflation and now that the pound has lost so much value it really just means that everything is even more expensive for us than it used to be whereas before pricing seemed fairly consistent relative to earnings across various countries around the world. I understand you are a USA based company and the price hikes are reasonable considering the current strength of the pound relative to the dollar but I find it hard to accept when someone tried to tell me we had it good before. Just my opinion of course and no offence intended here.

Oct 27, 2016 at 2:21 PM Post #22,960 of 36,135
In all honesty I don't think using the term "price breaks" is really appropriate. People in the UK are earning the same amount they have for roughly the last 10 years despite inflation and now that the pound has lost so much value it really just means that everything is even more expensive for us than it used to be whereas before pricing seemed fairly consistent relative to earnings across various countries around the world. I understand you are a USA based company and the price hikes are reasonable considering the current strength of the pound relative to the dollar but I find it hard to accept when someone tried to tell me we had it good before. Just my opinion of course and no offence intended here.

No offense taken. When we set the pound pricing with the introduction of the .co.uk site the prices were much more closely aligned, they have since grown apart, and we haven't updated them to reflect the changes. It doesn't benefit us to set prices in one territory significantly higher than another territory, so when the pound climbs back you can be assured that we will adjust the prices the other way as well.

Oct 27, 2016 at 2:22 PM Post #22,961 of 36,135
Sorry that you found my response pretty poor. Please make sure in future when you use quotations you quote correctly too otherwise things can quickly become misconstrued.

Oct 27, 2016 at 3:00 PM Post #22,962 of 36,135
Seems like PhilW Has a fair answer, I completely understand his point. It really is more of a fault of Brexit, opposed to the local retailer. Fortunately, I'm in the US, but I totally empathize with our UK brethren, both consumers and retailers.

Oct 27, 2016 at 3:06 PM Post #22,963 of 36,135
Seems like PhilW Has a fair answer, I completely understand his point. It really is more of a fault of Brexit, opposed to the local retailer. Fortunately, I'm in the US, but I totally empathize with our UK brethren, both consumers and retailers.

Personally for the amount of aural awesomeness the Savanna has given me I'm happy to pay any particular price.

Oct 27, 2016 at 4:06 PM Post #22,964 of 36,135
Sorry that you found my response pretty poor. Please make sure in future when you use quotations you quote correctly too otherwise things can quickly become misconstrued.

Sorry PhilW didn't mean to misquote, was typing from memory and honestly didn't mean to misquote.  

With hindsight I do feel for you as the retailer but from a consumer's point of view it just means that certain companies lose out on sales - I know I'm not alone on this, however that is no fault of you or any other retailer.

Hope you can accept my apology for coming across as a bit of a ****!!

Oct 27, 2016 at 4:22 PM Post #22,965 of 36,135

Big +1 to that!

Another big +1 for Gisele's (aid2hearing) customer service.

Have bought my K10U and Katana from her and when we met up again, at the Indulgence show in London, my wife and I had our ear impressions done on the spot and I am now waiting to have my custom Katana and Dulce Bass (for the missus) deliver in the next couple of weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back