Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Oct 5, 2016 at 8:57 PM Post #22,427 of 36,135
  I rarely use the touchscreen. It was great for sorting my music into the order I want. But for the most part, I just use the buttons. LPG, QP1R, AK players, all will bring more out of Noble products.

Sounds intriguing. Have  you tried pairing Noble stuffs with Cayin players?

Oct 5, 2016 at 9:02 PM Post #22,429 of 36,135
Hey, does anyone know how long the Noble stock cable is? It doesn't show on their website.

Thanks!

Oct 5, 2016 at 9:20 PM Post #22,432 of 36,135

I have not tried anything from them. I went up the list with players with my own gear from Sansa, Cowon, Ibasso, to AK. Testing some other players at shows.

That's a fine list of players.

Too bad I only have a Fiio X1 as source for the time being lol.

Who knows one day I might just be able to afford something great.

In terms of size though, I think the AK70 might do well for me.

Oct 5, 2016 at 9:38 PM Post #22,433 of 36,135
  That's a fine list of players.

Too bad I only have a Fiio X1 as source for the time being lol.

Who knows one day I might just be able to afford something great.

In terms of size though, I think the AK70 might do well for me.

The Sony ZX2 does really well too, in my opinion. Especially since now it's being discontinued, could probably find a good deal on a new one (even better on used, probably).

Oct 5, 2016 at 9:47 PM Post #22,435 of 36,135
I owned the ak70, I didn't enjoy it. For an additional $100 I purchased a cowon P1, which is considerably better. Zx2 is another excellent choice, one of my favorite daps.

Really? Huh...that's intriguing.

I just want something that's got a fine balance between musicality and neutrality. Fiio X5 Second Gen is good, but I like more options and N5 is another promising unit that I can consider. The N6 too oc course, but it feels a bit too bulky to carry around XD

The Sony ZX2 does really well too, in my opinion. Especially since now it's being discontinued, could probably find a good deal on a new one (even better on used, probably).

I am not sure since the last time I tried the ZX2 it sounded a bit artificial with those enhancements stuffs going on and I can't turn them off entirely for some reason so it might just be me being a doofus on an Android-based DAP.

But the sound is definitely of much higher quality than my Fiio X1 by a large margin.

Oct 5, 2016 at 9:58 PM Post #22,437 of 36,135
You can shut the enhancements off on zx2. What's your budget?

None at the moment since I am saving up for a very good interconnect along with a new amplifier.

But my comfy zone of spending is in between MYR 1000 (240 USD)  to MYR 2400 (580 USD) at maximum.

And I see. I honestly hope it'll make the ZX2 better since despite the enhancements that made it sound a bit fake, I do sense some sense of realism there.

Oct 5, 2016 at 9:59 PM Post #22,438 of 36,135

I am not sure since the last time I tried the ZX2 it sounded a bit artificial with those enhancements stuffs going on and I can't turn them off entirely for some reason so it might just be me being a doofus on an Android-based DAP.

But the sound is definitely of much higher quality than my Fiio X1 by a large margin.

You can turn the enhancements off if you want (I happen to like the sound), but also it has to be settled properly. The sound quality shifts quite noticeably until about the 100+ hour mark, so new units don't give you the full potential of the ZX2.

Oct 5, 2016 at 10:00 PM Post #22,439 of 36,135
  You can turn the enhancements off if you want (I happen to like the sound), but also it has to be settled properly. The sound quality shifts quite noticeably until about the 100+ hour mark, so new units don't give you the full potential of the ZX2.

Ah, device burn in  you mean.

Wasn't quite a strong believer of that but I suppose I can give it a try should I ever have the budget to get it. xD

Oct 5, 2016 at 10:00 PM Post #22,440 of 36,135
  None at the moment since I am saving up for a very good interconnect along with a new amplifier.

But my comfy zone of spending is in between MYR 1000 (240 USD)  to MYR 2400 (580 USD) at maximum.

And I see. I honestly hope it'll make the ZX2 better since despite the enhancements that made it sound a bit fake, I do sense some sense of realism there.

If I do upgrade mine to a new model, I'll get in touch, maybe we can work something out 
tongue.gif

Ah, device burn in  you mean.

Wasn't quite a strong believer of that but I suppose I can give it a try should I ever have the budget to get it. xD

I was never a believer of that... until I got a new ZX2. Somewhere around the 40 hour mark it was practically unusable, the sound was that bad. But the capacitors/electronics settled afterwards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back