Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
May 19, 2016 at 3:12 AM Post #20,146 of 36,135
  You people are weird.

Has this thread ever been normal? 
wink.gif

Amputation is a surefire way to lose weight without diet or exercise.

Now that timely medical wisdom has been dispensed on my part I did have a question for the Noble community. I plan to get custom k10s in the future, but have questions about the acrylic versus the pricier pinnacle options (like carbon fiber or aluminum). Is the difference mainly cosmetic, or are there other benefits in terms of durability and resistance to chipping. I doubt I would have the discipline lug a carrying case around, so if these were in my pocket what material would have the best chance of surviving long term?

So please remember to type out your response BEFORE you amputate your arms and revel in your weight loss.
You're welcome.

Hmm, I wouldn't be able to describe the differences in terms of build quality and resistance to damage, but I can tell you, the normal acrylic ones are pretty tough. Then again, I baby them, so yeah.

To be frank, you might want to look for a small pouch for your K10s. Throwing them around into your pocket will leave them susceptible to scratches at the very least. Off hand, I think Noble ships a small pouch in the carrying case, but I could be wrong.

May 19, 2016 at 3:32 AM Post #20,147 of 36,135
Has this thread ever been normal? :wink:

Hmm, I wouldn't be able to describe the differences in terms of build quality and resistance to damage, but I can tell you, the normal acrylic ones are pretty tough. Then again, I baby them, so yeah.

To be frank, you might want to look for a small pouch for your K10s. Throwing them around into your pocket will leave them susceptible to scratches at the very least. Off hand, I think Noble ships a small pouch in the carrying case, but I could be wrong.

I received a little bag with mine. Gave it up as it was so difficult to use. (Very small) I use a Peli case. I wouldn't want to just chuck a £1000 earphone in my pocket like a cheap pair of buds. At the very least you are asking to get fluff in the bores.

May 19, 2016 at 5:02 AM Post #20,148 of 36,135

Now that timely medical wisdom has been dispensed on my part I did have a question for the Noble community. I plan to get custom k10s in the future, but have questions about the acrylic versus the pricier pinnacle options (like carbon fiber or aluminum). Is the difference mainly cosmetic, or are there other benefits in terms of durability and resistance to chipping. I doubt I would have the discipline lug a carrying case around, so if these were in my pocket what material would have the best chance of surviving long term?

So please remember to type out your response BEFORE you amputate your arms and revel in your weight loss.
You're welcome.

Id venture to say, the strength is essentially the same, as all the prestige products are acrylic based. For example, carbon fiber mixed with acrylic, aluminum mixed with acrylic, wood is injected with acrylic etc etc

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
May 19, 2016 at 6:04 AM Post #20,149 of 36,135
I received a little bag with mine. Gave it up as it was so difficult to use. (Very small) I use a Peli case. I wouldn't want to just chuck a £1000 earphone in my pocket like a cheap pair of buds. At the very least you are asking to get fluff in the bores.

Just pulled out my dusty Noble box and case, and I couldn't find the pouch (if I had one, I probably misplaced it). Still, I found those awesome stickers.

But yeah, lint and fluff. Ugh. They even get into my smartphone case. Imagine what it'd do to those precious K10s? 
ph34r.gif

May 19, 2016 at 6:16 AM Post #20,150 of 36,135
Id venture to say, the strength is essentially the same, as all the prestige products are acrylic based. For example, carbon fiber mixed with acrylic, aluminum mixed with acrylic, wood is injected with acrylic etc etc

Second thought, if strength is the primary issue, the k10 UA would be the best option in the Noboe line up.

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
May 19, 2016 at 8:43 AM Post #20,151 of 36,135

Has this thread ever been normal? 
wink.gif

I don't baby mine but and have dropped them twice (my heart caught in my throat) to no ill end. They are as unscarred as the day I received them and still fit well. 

May 19, 2016 at 12:51 PM Post #20,156 of 36,135

You're welcome.

Amputation... now that's thinking outside the box. Regardless of which model/material you go with, I absolutely forbid you from keeping them in your pocket without a case. FORBID. Aside from scratches and durability issues, you don't want lint getting in the bores (as others have said).

A little story about cases. I returned home from the movies one night to find that an overhead pipe in my apartment had burst. It was literally raining from the ceiling, and my computer desk was getting drenched. Guess what was sitting on my desk? My K10s. Thanks the freaking Gods that I'd left them sealed inside the Noble case. I didn't always do that. Just had them in there by chance. Had I left them out, well, I might have been out $1600. I consider myself a lucky man. I learned a lesson that night. Now I always keep my K10s sealed in their protective case when not in use, and everyone else should too. You just never know what might happen. You'd think they'd be safe sitting on a desk, no kids, no pets, but no... there's a friggin' torrential downpour inside your apartment.

May 19, 2016 at 1:04 PM Post #20,157 of 36,135
AT LAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  11 weeks to the day I shipped my impressions.

[tr] [th]Location[/th] [th]Date[/th] [th]Local Time[/th] [th]Activity[/th] [/tr] [tr] [td]Napa, CA, United States[/td] [td]05/19/2016[/td] [td]7:54 A.M.[/td] [td]Out For Delivery[/td] [/tr] [tr] [td] [/td] [td]05/19/2016[/td] [td]7:30 A.M.[/td] [td]Arrival Scan[/td] [/tr] [tr] [td]Oakland, CA, United States[/td] [td]05/19/2016[/td] [td]6:32 A.M.[/td] [td]Departure Scan[/td] [/tr] [tr] [td] [/td] [td]05/19/2016[/td] [td]3:34 A.M.[/td] [td]Arrival Scan[/td] [/tr] [tr] [td]Ontario, CA, United States[/td] [td]05/19/2016[/td] [td]2:26 A.M.[/td] [td]Departure Scan[/td] [/tr] [tr] [td]Ontario, CA, United States[/td] [td]05/18/2016[/td] [td]11:00 P.M.[/td] [td]Import Scan[/td] [/tr] [tr] [td] [/td] [td]05/18/2016[/td] [td]9:38 P.M.[/td] [td]Arrival Scan[/td] [/tr] [tr] [td]Anchorage, AK, United States[/td] [td]05/18/2016[/td] [td]5:36 P.M.[/td] [td]Departure Scan[/td] [/tr] [tr] [td] [/td] [td]05/18/2016[/td] [td]1:25 P.M.[/td] [td]Arrival Scan[/td] [/tr] [tr] [td]Chek Lap Kok, Hong Kong[/td] [td]05/18/2016[/td] [td]8:04 P.M.[/td] [td]Departure Scan[/td] [/tr] [tr] [td]Chek Lap Kok, Hong Kong[/td] [td]05/17/2016[/td] [td]10:23 A.M.[/td] [td]Arrival Scan[/td] [/tr] [tr] [td]Chengdu, China[/td] [td]05/17/2016[/td] [td]9:47 A.M.[/td] [td]Severe weather conditions have delayed delivery.[/td] [/tr] [tr] [td] [/td] [td]05/17/2016[/td] [td]8:10 A.M.[/td] [td]Departure Scan[/td] [/tr] [tr] [td]Chengdu, China[/td] [td]05/16/2016[/td] [td]7:02 P.M.[/td] [td]Arrival Scan[/td] [/tr] [tr] [td] [/td] [td]05/16/2016[/td] [td]6:52 P.M.[/td] [td]Departure Scan[/td] [/tr] [tr] [td] [/td] [td]05/16/2016[/td] [td]6:25 P.M.[/td] [td]Origin Scan[/td] [/tr] [tr] [td] [/td] [td]05/16/2016[/td] [td]6:19 P.M.[/td] [td]Pickup Scan[/td] [/tr] [tr] [td]China[/td] [td]05/16/2016[/td] [td]1:32 A.M.[/td] [td]Order Processed: Ready for UPS[/td] [/tr]

May 19, 2016 at 1:09 PM Post #20,158 of 36,135
A little story about cases. I returned home from the movies one night to find that an overhead pipe in my apartment had burst. It was literally raining from the ceiling, and my computer desk was getting drenched. Guess what was sitting on my desk? My K10s. Thanks the freaking Gods that I'd left them sealed inside the Noble case. I didn't always do that. Just had them in there by chance. Had I left them out, well, I might have been out $1600. I consider myself a lucky man. I learned a lesson that night. Now I always keep my K10s sealed in their protective case when not in use, and everyone else should too. You just never know what might happen. You'd think they'd be safe sitting on a desk, no kids, no pets, but no... there's a friggin' torrential downpour inside your apartment.

Just out of interest. Would they have been covered by your contents insurance? Mine are and for a small premium they are covered outside the house as well. Accidental damage too. :)

May 19, 2016 at 1:21 PM Post #20,160 of 36,135
That's an interesting point. I do have renters insurance, but I have no idea about the details of what it covers. I suppose I should find out.

Do. You might find, as I did that for a very small premium you can upgrade to accidental damage. I was told that individual items up to £1000 were covered and that I did not need to cover the K10's individually.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back