Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
May 18, 2016 at 1:41 AM Post #20,133 of 36,135
Why exercise when you can listen to music?..

Well, I like EDM and they mostly play EDM at the gym so it's a win-win for me. 

On another note, I've just ordered K10U. Going to be using it with iPhone 6s and Chord Mojo.

May 18, 2016 at 4:35 AM Post #20,134 of 36,135
Why exercise when you can listen to music?..

Well, I like EDM and they mostly play EDM at the gym so it's a win-win for me. 

On another note, I've just ordered K10U. Going to be using it with iPhone 6s and Chord Mojo.
liquid drum & bass mix on the elliptical is my match made in heaven. Get the BPM in synch with your pace, and the burned calories will flow

May 18, 2016 at 7:35 AM Post #20,135 of 36,135
liquid drum & bass mix on the elliptical is my match made in heaven. Get the BPM in synch with your pace, and the burned calories will flow

I'm actually a fitness addict as well as an audio addict. I was merely joking. 
smile.gif

May 18, 2016 at 9:37 AM Post #20,136 of 36,135
  hey guys, coming from the aaw 500 morph, what can I expect from the k10?

The W500's bass (at max level) is something special altogether. Impact is immense with excellent texture. This is definitely the W500's main selling point, IMO; or at the very least, its most prominent aspect. If you're coming from a W500 AHMorph, the K10 definitely offers a less stunning bass experience. Lows on the K10 are slightly boosted, but have good texture. It's not as in-your-face as AAW's bass monster, but it's no slouch either. You'll get slam and impact when the track calls for it, just not in quantities heard with the AAW (again, at full level).

It is in the mids that you will hear an obvious improvement - vocals and instruments in the midrange are authoritative, lush and emotive, a lot more so than on the W500 (and almost every other IEM). Treble on the K10 is about on par with the W500 - both are somewhat sparkling, with good detail and extension. In any case, with the W500 at max bass, you're getting a slightly v-shaped sound signature that's more suited for bass and treble driven genres, such as EDM. The K10 is more balanced, with a slight emphasis on its midrange, which makes it very suited for vocal oriented genres, such as pop and rock.

May 18, 2016 at 9:46 AM Post #20,137 of 36,135
I was wondering if I would get called on that!
wink.gif
I very nearly posted a message culpa. I probably should have done.
In all my insistence that the iPhone was all that was needed I realised that I had never used anything that was not an Apple device.
I looked around the classifieds and came across the Onkyo HA200 Amp/DAC.
Having read the reviews it appealed to me because it is from a mainstream manufacturer rather than an audiophile boutique outfit.
As I expected it is far from neutral and definitely alters the sound of the iPhone.
I really wanted not to like it. Mainly because carting it around is a PITA but also it has forced me to reevaluate my ideas.
I felt that I had a bit of a position on here. Trying to stop people getting carried away with expensive gear.
Now I am not so sure.
It's not a nice feeling suddenly realising that I don't know what I am talking about!

Well, external amps and DACs may muddle up the sound, but sometimes, you'll hit a gem and you realize the tradeoff of extra bulk is not detrimental enough to your enjoyment of a new (and/or improved) sound. Those are great times. 
smile.gif

Hey, I'm glad that you've found something that you like, bro. We'll forget that you ever preached the solo player solution. 
biggrin.gif

May 18, 2016 at 11:04 AM Post #20,138 of 36,135
Well, external amps and DACs may muddle up the sound, but sometimes, you'll hit a gem and you realize the tradeoff of extra bulk is not detrimental enough to your enjoyment of a new (and/or improved) sound. Those are great times. :smile:

Hey, I'm glad that you've found something that you like, bro. We'll forget that you ever preached the solo player solution. :D  

Thanks man. I've packed my soapbox away. :wink:

May 18, 2016 at 1:59 PM Post #20,139 of 36,135
The built in clip on the BTS means that it won't flop around anywhere unless you exercise shirtless. Just clip it to a collar.

No, exercise and a proper diet (as in what you ingest, not a ridiculous restriction of food) are the only way to lose and maintain a proper weight.
wink_face.gif

Even if you work out shirtless, just clip it to your chest hair.... like me. 
wink.gif

And if you are a girl......

Sorry, I got distracted. What were we talking about?

May 18, 2016 at 2:19 PM Post #20,140 of 36,135

Even if you work out shirtless, just clip it to your chest hair.... like me. 
wink.gif

And if you are a girl......

Sorry, I got distracted. What were we talking about?

Hair pin, or behind your neck.

May 18, 2016 at 2:28 PM Post #20,141 of 36,135
Nipple ring.  Just sayin'.

May 19, 2016 at 2:46 AM Post #20,145 of 36,135
Amputation is a surefire way to lose weight without diet or exercise.

Now that timely medical wisdom has been dispensed on my part I did have a question for the Noble community. I plan to get custom k10s in the future, but have questions about the acrylic versus the pricier pinnacle options (like carbon fiber or aluminum). Is the difference mainly cosmetic, or are there other benefits in terms of durability and resistance to chipping. I doubt I would have the discipline lug a carrying case around, so if these were in my pocket what material would have the best chance of surviving long term?

So please remember to type out your response BEFORE you amputate your arms and revel in your weight loss.
You're welcome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back