Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Apr 22, 2016 at 9:56 AM Post #19,756 of 36,040
I'll try wrapping them up so the cable stays under the monitors instead of the monitors kind of sitting in the middle of the cable. Now I'm scared to close them up, though, since it's kind of hard to tell if there's pressure on them when I close it.

I just thought of something, I have the older stock case, so it has more room than the 1010 case. Still, the 1010 works fine with the uni's etc. When I took mine to CanJam, I had my 100II and K10's both in that case, just had to lay the cable a different way. I have already tested my 240 and K10 in the same case, it will work, just have to be careful.

Apr 22, 2016 at 10:09 AM Post #19,759 of 36,040
Hmm, so you just put the monitors right in the case? I've been sliding mine in the little bag, then putting the bag in the case. Also, I can see on the picture you have some marks on the foam at the top—its those marks that got me concerned about the pressure on mine.

Edit: by the way, that is the case I just got with mine, not a pelican 1010

Really not sure if the marks are from them hitting, there should be plenty of room. When I crushed mine, I REALLY knew it was bad, I heard them crack. I think they are just defects in the foam.

Apr 22, 2016 at 10:13 AM Post #19,760 of 36,040
Really not sure if the marks are from them hitting, there should be plenty of room. When I crushed mine, I REALLY knew it was bad, I heard them crack. I think they are just defects in the foam.

Chances are I'm just being overly careful with my new beloveds! I'll try and test it a bit more and figure out if there's a lot of pressure there, I just got concerned when I opened the case and saw those marks on the top foam where the monitors were.

By the way, I'm sure you've answered it a million times, and it's probably an emotionally troubling experience to talk about, but how exactly did you crush yours again?

Apr 22, 2016 at 10:14 AM Post #19,761 of 36,040
By the way, if the stars align, its not 100% yet. June 3-5 T.H.E Show Newport is going. Noble might be there, which means so will I, come on by and say hello, listen to some half way decent products from Noble. 
very_evil_smiley.gif
 We can compare cases, CIEM's, players, cable wrapping and storage, you name it.

Apr 22, 2016 at 10:18 AM Post #19,762 of 36,040
Chances are I'm just being overly careful with my new beloveds! I'll try and test it a bit more and figure out if there's a lot of pressure there, I just got concerned when I opened the case and saw those marks on the top foam where the monitors were.

By the way, I'm sure you've answered it a million times, and it's probably an emotionally troubling experience to talk about, but how exactly did you crush yours again?

Just as we have been talking about. I wrapped the cable a different way then normally, to avoid tangles. The cable got stuck under the shells, when I put the lid on the UE case, it must have had them sitting too high. The cable stopped them from going anywhere so it put pressure on them and crunch. I doubt I could make it happen again, just a freak accident. Now its IEM's go in first, then the cable goes around them, I still have to be cautious since the case is pretty small. I am like you also with the stock case, I now think I am crushing them, when in fact there is plenty of room.

Apr 22, 2016 at 10:19 AM Post #19,763 of 36,040
By the way, if the stars align, its not 100% yet. June 3-5 T.H.E Show Newport is going. Noble might be there, which means so will I, come on by and say hello, listen to some half way decent products from Noble. :veryevil:  We can compare cases, CIEM's, players, cable wrapping and storage, you name it.

I wish I could be there, man I love talking cable wrapping!

If only I could make it to more audio-related events, CanJam was a blast, and one of my only experiences with other audio people, it was nice. In like the first 5 minutes of me walking in, I was listening to something on my ue18's, and when I took them out, someone looked at me and said "UERM?" Even though he wasn't exactly right, that experience was just the most comforting change to the usual "wut are thoze weird things in ur ears lol y don't u have beats they're so kewl man"

Apr 22, 2016 at 10:22 AM Post #19,764 of 36,040
Just as we have been talking about. I wrapped the cable a different way then normally, to avoid tangles. The cable got stuck under the shells, when I put the lid on the UE case, it must have had them sitting too high. The cable stopped them from going anywhere so it put pressure on them and crunch. I doubt I could make it happen again, just a freak accident. Now its IEM's go in first, then the cable goes around them, I still have to be cautious since the case is pretty small. I am like you also with the stock case, I now think I am crushing them, when in fact there is plenty of room.

Oh man... That's painful to read... Like nails on a chalkboard. Which ue case was it? I like my small rectangle one because I find it pretty small in overall profile but very deep so I never worry about it. I've only tried to put ue18's in it, though.

Apr 22, 2016 at 2:51 PM Post #19,766 of 36,040
I'm puzzled. My K10's fit with plenty of room to spare in the 1010. I used to have JH13's and had to be very careful how I put them into the billet case. It was a really tight fit. I'm curious as to why your experience is so different. I agree the billet case is very cool.

Kris .. That is interesting as i had exact opposite experience .. See attached photos .. With JH case i have the CIEMS with cable coil very cleanly in the bottom case and i have about 1.5 cm headroom in the lid(Using the 3 finger cable wrapping technique). With 1010 the cable is hard to get in the box and sometimes i nearly crushed it closing the lid. Also with the 1010 i can see indent in the lid foam

PC

Apr 22, 2016 at 3:01 PM Post #19,768 of 36,040
  Kris .. That is interesting as i had exact opposite experience .. See attached photos .. With JH case i have the CIEMS with cable coil very cleanly in the bottom case and i have about 1.5 cm headroom in the lid(Using the 3 finger cable wrapping technique). With 1010 the cable is hard to get in the box and sometimes i nearly crushed it closing the lid. Also with the 1010 i can see indent in the lid foam

PC

I have a feeling the left case is the same as the UE round case I thought about getting.

Apr 22, 2016 at 3:28 PM Post #19,770 of 36,040
If we ordered a Custom K10 right now, will Noble Audio ship it to their China Lab to make it? Or does Noble Audio have a lab in the USA now? thx.

Sla CIEMs r made in America, all other CIEMs r made offshore. Customers send their ear mold impressions to noble California and Noble ships them to the labs

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back