Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Feb 8, 2016 at 9:49 PM Post #17,806 of 36,078

What exactly did Noble do?

Vague response: I asked them if they'd honor a deal/promotion JH Audio offered (even saying to them it's a far fetch, but I might as well try).. They couldn't but said they'd give me a goodwill discount. It still wasn't what I wanted to spend so I asked for more. I suppose they were offended that I'd do that - but I thought I was clear in my emails (explaining why, the time I put in, my budget constraints, my situation with purchasing Roxannes). Again, their offer was very generous, but my budget is constrained (I'm not one to spend money unnecessarily and to buy the K10 was to sell my Roxanne's and offset cost if they were as good). They responded accusing me of things I would never do, and putting down my efforts into what I wanted to do (review).

He also claimed the Roxanne's to be "an old JH product" and that my review would be "diminished" comparing the K10's to them (big LOL). I'm sorry, but he claimed that I was arrogant.. Whatever.

I'm over it now - it's good that Noble is in business, healthy competition can't hurt and will lead to more innovation. Really not a big deal - but to me, this means that if anything ever goes wrong and they don't see eye to eye with you, they handle it with immaturity. I even tried to resolve - no chance of that. Again - another red flag to me.

Young company - I suppose this particular person made a mistake.. We're all humans.. What started off as a kind gesture by them turned to an insult to me. 

Feb 8, 2016 at 10:04 PM Post #17,807 of 36,078
Vague response: I asked them if they'd honor a deal/promotion JH Audio offered (even saying to them it's a far fetch, but I might as well try).. They couldn't but said they'd give me a goodwill discount. It still wasn't what I wanted to spend so I asked for more. I suppose they were offended that I'd do that - but I thought I was clear in my emails (explaining why, the time I put in, my budget constraints, my situation with purchasing Roxannes). Again, their offer was very generous, but my budget is constrained (I'm not one to spend money unnecessarily and to buy the K10 was to sell my Roxanne's and offset cost if they were as good). They responded accusing me of things I would never do, and putting down my efforts into what I wanted to do (review).

He also claimed the Roxanne's to be "an old JH product" and that my review would be "diminished" comparing the K10's to them (big LOL). I'm sorry, but he claimed that I was arrogant.. Whatever.

I'm over it now - it's good that Noble is in business, healthy competition can't hurt and will lead to more innovation. Really not a big deal - but to me, this means that if anything ever goes wrong and they don't see eye to eye with you, they handle it with immaturity. I even tried to resolve - no chance of that. Again - another red flag to me.

Young company - I suppose this particular person made a mistake.. We're all humans.. What started off as a kind gesture by them turned to an insult to me. 

Not entirely accurate.

Feb 8, 2016 at 10:07 PM Post #17,808 of 36,078
Not accurate, would you like to post our email exchange or should I?

Wow, just wow.

This is exactly the response that warranted me calling you unprofessional to begin with. Do you think it's professional in ANY way to do what you just said?

Feel free too - I have nothing to hide.

EDIT: I was just PM'd by another member - same opinion, same story. Would you like to me post PUBLICLY what they have to say?

Back on topic - if someone can fill the void of doing comparison of the Roxanne to K10, that would be great. Wish I could..

Feb 8, 2016 at 10:12 PM Post #17,809 of 36,078
Wow, just wow.

This is exactly the response that warranted me calling you unprofessional to begin with. Do you think it's professional in ANY way to do what you just said?

Feel free too - I have nothing to hide.

You're publicly misrepresenting a private conversation we had. There is absolutely no reason for you to come here more than 24 hours after our last email where things ended on an ambicable note and smear us.

Feb 8, 2016 at 10:14 PM Post #17,810 of 36,078
There will always be exceptions, but that doesn't sound like John or Brannan at all, from my dealings with them (had a return sorted well too, not just purchases). But as you say, you're free to make your own mind up and have your own preference. I personally own a universal JH Angie as well, and still am very happy with it, but to be fair the production problems they had with their carbon fibre units are well documented, even on this forum, and somewhat coincidentally they have moved to an all metal housing recently.

The only other point I'd make is you mentioned something about reviews and discounts, those can be touchy, where does it seem a trade off on one for a better impression on the other? Seems like we don't have all the info, and as it seems like the majority of your interaction was via PM, might have been better to keep this to PM as well?

And I'm honestly curious, what is your definition of startup? I too have a small consultancy which very much fits the startup model (low initial investment, small overhead, aiming to scale), but not the impression I get from Noble, at least not the current iteration of the company.

Feb 8, 2016 at 10:14 PM Post #17,811 of 36,078
You're publicly misrepresenting a private conversation we had. There is absolutely no reason for you to come here more than 24 hours after our last email where things ended on an ambicable note and smear us.

My attention was not to smear you - I posted my honest thoughts in a forum that is known to being the most truthful, extensive, and honest community in the industry. I apologize in any way - I just wanted to advise of my opinion - which by the way, has been agreed upon in the PM's sent to me after I made that post.

My points were all valid; I sparked a valid reasoning as to what my thoughts were of the two products. This is what a forum is intended for.

This will be my last post - abiding to Head-Fi policy and not being off-topic. I know their are plenty of Noble advocates here, and that's wonderful. 

Feb 8, 2016 at 10:16 PM Post #17,812 of 36,078
My attention was not to smear you - I posted my honest thoughts in a forum that is known to being the most truthful, extensive, and honest community in the industry. I apologize in any way - I just wanted to advise of my opinion - which by the way, has been agreed upon in the PM's sent to me after I made that post.

My points were all valid; I sparked a valid reasoning as to what my thoughts were of the two products. This is what a forum is intended for.

So the build quality of your Roxannes has changed in the past 24 hours?

Feb 8, 2016 at 10:18 PM Post #17,813 of 36,078
So the build quality of your Roxannes has changed in the past 24 hours?

Did you read my posts or are you just blindingly defending yourself with no basis. I think I made it extremely evident my experience with the Roxanne's - something you can't claim I didn't do (as you suggested with our emails).

You are trying to take away the rights that I have to voice my opinion on my experience and thoughts about your company and product - does this sound professional to you? This is Head-Fi, not Noble Audio forums. I stand my ground.

As I've said numerous times: to each own. Healthy competition is great and I'm sure the K10 customers love their product and that's all that matters. I don't see it.

Feb 8, 2016 at 10:22 PM Post #17,814 of 36,078
Did you read my posts or are you just blindingly defending yourself with no basis. I think I made it extremely evident my experience with the Roxanne's - something you can't claim I didn't do (as you suggested with our emails).

You are trying to take away the rights that I have to voice my opinion on my experience and thoughts about your company and product - does this sound professional to you?

You have every right to voice your opinion, but your account of the events that transpired is not accurate.

Feb 8, 2016 at 10:26 PM Post #17,815 of 36,078
You have every right to voice your opinion, but your account of the events that transpired is not accurate.

1) I sent you an email asking if you'd replace my Roxanne's for K10's (JH Audio did this with 1964 and their Layla's).
2) You said no, but suggested I could sell mine and you'd offer a percentage off
3) I asked if you could do higher percentage off because of budget constraints
4) You agreed
5) I paid $200 for impressions and next day courier
6) Emailed you about universals - you said no
7) Asked you if I can have higher percent off the last offering because of my involvement with review expecting a yes or no answer
8) You replied insulting me and accusing me

This is what happened - and unlike you, I'm keeping certain things off-limit and not threatening to post.

Lastly: JH Audio - carbon fiber mishap, did you see them monopolizing people's opinion in their own thread? No. Instead, they worked around it, built better facilities, and fixed problems slowly but surely for their custom lineup.

I'm allowed to be a JH Audio fan, just like you and your customers are allowed to be Noble fans.

Interesting: I'm getting PM's from people saying the same thing, and mentioning how it's impossible to voice an opinion in this thread without being put down. Stop contradicting yourself: clearly you don't think I have a right to voice my opinion if you didn't even read my opinion or acknowledge it: all you've done is defend yourself. This thread doesn't have it's own rules, you are a part of the Head-Fi community. I'm allowed to say what I think and my experience regardless if you agree or not. I thought I was pretty fair in my posts - and I want people to make an educated decision when spend thousands of dollars rather then just hear from the ones who think they are the end all be all. 

Now that you've personally mocked my integrity both on these forums and in email - I would like to say one thing: maybe my opinion/review does matter (you know what I'm referring too)? I can tell you - the few people I spoke to via PM have a change of mind now.

Feb 8, 2016 at 10:37 PM Post #17,816 of 36,078
1) I sent you an email asking if you'd replace my Roxanne's for K10's (JH Audio did this with 1964 and their Layla's).
2) You said no, but suggested I could sell mine and you'd offer a percentage off
3) I asked if you could do this percentage
4) You agreed
7) Asked you if I can have higher percent off because of my involvement with review

This is what happened - and unlike you, I'm keeping certain things off-limit and not threatening to post.

Lastly: JH Audio - carbon fiber mishap, did you see them monopolizing people's opinion in their own thread? No. Instead, they worked around it, built better facilities, and fixed problems slowly but surely for their custom lineup.

I'm allowed to be a JH Audio fan, just like you and your customers are allowed to be Noble fans.

You are missing two things.

First, you took and sent us your impressions before we agreed to any discount. You assumed that I was going to agree to your desired discount and that the review was going to happen.

Second, once we agreed to a discount you tried to change to a Prestige (at no additional cost to you) and later a K10U. Once I infomed you that a Prestige would require you to cover the difference in price and the K10U was not up for review, you decided you were no longer interested. No problem, except once I acknowledged that the review was off you came back and said you would accept a K10 CIEM on the condition that we offered even more of a discount than we previously agreed.

Feb 8, 2016 at 10:41 PM Post #17,817 of 36,078
You are missing two things.

First, you took and sent us your impressions before we agreed to any discount. You assumed that I was going to agree to your desired discount and that the review was going to happen.

Second, once we agreed to a discount you tried to change to a Prestige (at no additional cost to you) and later a K10U. Once I infomed you that a Prestige would require you to cover the difference in price and the K10U was not up for review, you decided you were no longer interested. No problem, except once I acknowledged that the review was off you came back and said you would accept a K10 CIEM on the condition that we offered even more of a discount than we previously agreed.

This is completely correct - I'm still lost as to what I did wrong? I didn't know the price of the Prestige - once you informed me, it was irrelevant. Oh please - I didn't assume anything. I sent them knowing that the worst case scenario is that we agree to the lower discount, best case the higher discount. Would you like me to discuss the part where you insulted me for no reason after asking if I could get a further discount?

Again - extremely unprofessional of you. Carrying on when their is nothing more to be said. Trying to shut down my opinion. Going against Head-Fi's own rules - a forum which you are supposedly a contributer of.

Feb 8, 2016 at 10:44 PM Post #17,819 of 36,078
If it's completely correct, why did you leave these facts out of your synopsis?

PM or email me to discuss - this is ridiculous. If you truly want to resolve - then why not contact me. You clearly didn't care about me as a customer when I tried to resolve with you. I'm still leaving it open. But whether or not you like it, I'm allowed to voice my opinion. You are arguing such a minute percent of my main post - I didn't even mention that I cared about this whole ordeal and I was transparent.

I didn't leave anything out - those points are so irrelevant I couldn't bother arguing them.

Feb 8, 2016 at 10:46 PM Post #17,820 of 36,078

3) I asked if you could do higher percentage off because of budget constraints
4) You agreed
7) Asked you if I can have higher percent off the last offering because of my involvement with review expecting a yes or no answer

Interesting: I'm getting PM's from people saying the same thing, and mentioning how it's impossible to voice an opinion in this thread without being put down. Stop contradicting yourself: clearly you don't think I have a right to voice my opinion if you didn't even read my opinion or acknowledge it: all you've done is defend yourself. This thread doesn't have it's own rules, you are a part of the Head-Fi community. I'm allowed to say what I think and my experience regardless if you agree or not. I thought I was pretty fair in my posts - and I want people to make an educated decision when spend thousands of dollars rather then just hear from the ones who think they are the end all be all. 

So wait. You asked if Noble would knock off a percentage from the K10 by providing an IEM that wasn't theirs to begin with. Admittedly they said yes, but you wanted to get things cheaper just because of a review, constantly asking for a discount upon discount. If they did insult you, which you have failed to show visible proof of such, I can see and perfectly understand why.

I understand that you can voice your opinion. By all means do. However, when you just outright say that Noble is terrible without providing ample or any form of proof, its quite annoying and terrible. You requested for discounts because you didn't have money for it, they let you have it. Then you asked for another because you were writing a review. If the company is so bad, I don't know why they were willing to do discounts that they didn't have to even do.
Now, if they damaged your IEM via a reshelling service like InEars, then I can understand giving discounts and such but I doubt this is the case. Again, please explain to me where they are in the wrong and you are not under any form of fault for said treatment. You can be a JH Audio fan, that's cool. But the problems we have are some that I mentioned above.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back