Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Feb 8, 2016 at 3:06 PM Post #17,794 of 36,078
I can't decide between Amnesiac and Kid A for the best album award... They're all great, really :wink:
Spotify doesn't have In Rainbows, weird.

In Rainbows was released as a free lossless download and on vinyl ☺️

Feb 8, 2016 at 6:39 PM Post #17,796 of 36,078

I know, but when did that ever stop me from putting evil thoughts into peoples heads? 
wink_face.gif

Get off my left shoulder, Wata! 
ph34r.gif

Feb 8, 2016 at 6:45 PM Post #17,797 of 36,078
  I will be doing a review of the K10's and will be comparing them to the Roxanne's.

This is a very exciting opportunity for me as I have much to say regarding the build quality of JH Audio's products.

It'll be a good comparison. Both are excellent earphones, and I find them well suited for rock and pop music. To me, they have more similarities than differences. Both have lush midrange presentations that allow vocals to sound powerful yet intimate. Still, if I have to choose 1 IEM between the 2, it's definitely the K10. 
smile.gif

Nevertheless, enjoy your time comparing the 2.

Feb 8, 2016 at 8:44 PM Post #17,798 of 36,078

It'll be a good comparison. Both are excellent earphones, and I find them well suited for rock and pop music. To me, they have more similarities than differences. Both have lush midrange presentations that allow vocals to sound powerful yet intimate. Still, if I have to choose 1 IEM between the 2, it's definitely the K10. 
smile.gif

Nevertheless, enjoy your time comparing the 2.

It's not happening anymore unfortunately and my opinion of Noble Audio has greatly diminished. They were very helpful and accommodating (very much so) earlier in our conversations, but it turned out to be extremely unprofessional because I had asked for too much (even though I requested and didn't demand)... This followed up with insults towards me..

Maybe the build quality is indeed a little better, but I'm not sure at this point based on various people's complaints about theirs breaking down.  Not a big fan of the whole made in China aspect either.  Not so much for me after research.. There's a reason why JH Audio is the leading custom IEM manufacturer in the world and I wouldn't trust this startup with my money.

I have not tried these personally, but I can't imagine they compare to pure SQ that JH Audio has.. Jerry knows his stuff - and his patents make it very hard for manufactures to compete even though some come close.

My experience with JH Audio is that it they may not be extremely easy to deal with on a CS level, but they always honor what they say and follow trough. I initially was peeved off with them but I'm extremely satisfied with how they've handled all of my repairs now.

Moral of the story: to each own, but I'm sticking with JH Audio. Yes, this may have to do with with how Noble handled their conversations with me, but I truly think now that I look back that there isnt really a comparable company to JH.

Little chart of my analysic:

JH Audio:
-Established brand in the industry
-Patents that no other company can boast (freq-phase, cross-driver techniques)
-Best SQ in the market
-Most reliable - also for repairs, all done based in United States and they honor no matter what
-Made in USA

Noble Audio:
-New startup with a product that people are excited about
-Made in China
-Possibly better build
-Some say SQ is equal or better (I highly doubt it, honestly - I think it's placebo, but this is pure assumption as I've never tried)

ALSO something to think about: this is a startup after all. What will happen years down the line if they don't end up maintaining business. What does this mean for warranty support with your current IEM's (these are after all not cheap and you'd hope that they'd last a long time).

JH Audio products have proven track record to last SEVERAL years and more. No record with Noble - and based on the followers in this forum, it doesn't look promising. Aesthetics can be top-notch but who knows where and how they source their drivers etc (China).

I am not biased to one company - maybe a little for this post as Noble left me with a sour taste in my mouth.. But these points mentioned above seem pretty legitimate to me. If you're enjoying Noble's offering, that's great.. I just won't trust them with my money if their customer service got so hot tempered with me over the smallest of disagreements (I was simply asking for a higher discount rate and they got extremely offended, which I understand - but again, I never forced it upon them. I told them what I wanted to spend, if they didn't want to honor they could've said no dice and I would've contemplated it again).

Feb 8, 2016 at 9:01 PM Post #17,799 of 36,078
Noble is still a startup? I must be clueless then. My K10 are in for repair as we speak, due to my 100% fault. I got a message from the lab when they received them and paid right away. Communication has been with Sunny who runs the lab. I really dont care where they are made, I really doubt everything at JH is made in the USA.

Feb 8, 2016 at 9:04 PM Post #17,800 of 36,078
  Noble is still a startup? I must be clueless then. My K10 are in for repair as we speak, due to my 100% fault. I got a message from the lab when they received them and paid right away. Communication has been with Sunny who runs the lab. I really dont care where they are made, I really doubt everything at JH is made in the USA.

I'm not going to start arguing with every single 'fanboy/girl' in this thread. But look at your signature under your display name, that says enough. Everything at JH Audio is made in the USA. And yes, Noble is a startup.. To each own - if you're happy then that's all that matters! I'm sticking with JH though despite some build quality issues.

Anyways - I don't want to go off-topic, I voiced my thoughts and that's it. IF you disagree - it's your right. I'm not faulting you. This is what a forum is for - discussing your opinions and thoughts within topic.

BTW: had my Roxanne's repaired several times. I've gotten them back the next business day - can you say that? Just food for thought :wink:

Again, I may be a little biased given my displeasure with my conversation with them, but that's my right and I believe my opinions voiced are all valid. I'm not saying anything else - again, if you're happy then that's all that matters.

Feb 8, 2016 at 9:10 PM Post #17,801 of 36,078

I'm not going to start arguing with every single 'fanboy/girl' in this thread. But look at your signature under your display name, that says enough.

Anyways - I don't want to go off-topic, I voiced my thoughts and that's it. IF you disagree - it's your right. I'm not faulting you. This is what a forum is for - discussing your opinions and thoughts within topic.

Everything at JH Audio is made in the USA. And yes, Noble is a startup.. To each own - if you're happy then that's all that matters! I'm sticking with JH though despite some build quality issues.

I asked for a custom title, I was given it, I didn't pick it. Noble is not a startup, they have been in business for years now. I have TF10's so those are a Jerry Harvey design. Feel free to post your thoughts, but calling them a startup is not correct. Not sounding as good as JH, well once again, its a matter of opinion. 

Feb 8, 2016 at 9:13 PM Post #17,802 of 36,078

I asked for a custom title, I was given it, I didn't pick it. Noble is not a startup, they have been in business for years now. I have TF10's so those are a Jerry Harvey design. Feel free to post your thoughts, but calling them a startup is not correct. Not sounding as good as JH, well once again, its a matter of opinion. 

Cool - anyways hopefully yours get back and the Head-Fi continues :wink:

There is no real definition to a startup - I have various factors to consider a company to be one.. Anyways - it's all irrelevant to my points; I'd personally trust a company that's been around a long time or has proven leadership in a given industry.

Feb 8, 2016 at 9:18 PM Post #17,803 of 36,078

Cool - anyways hopefully yours get back and the Head-Fi continues :wink:

There is no real definition to a startup - I have various factors to consider a company to be one.. 

I am a business owner, there actually is. It just came off as knocking them as they are new and dont know what they are doing. Thats all I really wanted to point out. I am sure they dont like to hear that someone is unhappy with how they were treated, heck I dont even like hearing it and I dont work for Noble. I might actually go play around with some of the JH offerings at CanJam. I normally dont test things if I am not looking to buy, but hey, if I can help pople here by testing them, then I may do it. It will depend on how much time I have there.

Feb 8, 2016 at 9:22 PM Post #17,804 of 36,078

I am a business owner, there actually is. It just came off as knocking them as they are new and dont know what they are doing. Thats all I really wanted to point out. I am sure they dont like to hear that someone is unhappy with how they were treated, heck I dont even like hearing it and I dont work for Noble. I might actually go play around with some of the JH offerings at CanJam. I normally dont test things if I am not looking to buy, but hey, if I can help pople here by testing them, then I may do it. It will depend on how much time I have there.

Let me know what you think and how they compare to your K10's

Feb 8, 2016 at 9:44 PM Post #17,805 of 36,078

It's not happening anymore unfortunately and my opinion of Noble Audio has greatly diminished. They were very helpful and accommodating (very much so) earlier in our conversations, but it turned out to be extremely unprofessional because I had asked for too much (even though I requested and didn't demand)... This followed up with insults towards me..

Maybe the build quality is indeed a little better, but I'm not sure at this point based on various people's complaints about theirs breaking down.  Not a big fan of the whole made in China aspect either.  Not so much for me after research.. There's a reason why JH Audio is the leading custom IEM manufacturer in the world and I wouldn't trust this startup with my money.

I have not tried these personally, but I can't imagine they compare to pure SQ that JH Audio has.. Jerry knows his stuff - and his patents make it very hard for manufactures to compete even though some come close.

My experience with JH Audio is that it they may not be extremely easy to deal with on a CS level, but they always honor what they say and follow trough. I initially was peeved off with them but I'm extremely satisfied with how they've handled all of my repairs now.

Moral of the story: to each own, but I'm sticking with JH Audio. Yes, this may have to do with with how Noble handled their conversations with me, but I truly think now that I look back that there isnt really a comparable company to JH.

Little chart of my analysic:

JH Audio:
-Established brand in the industry
-Patents that no other company can boast (freq-phase, cross-driver techniques)
-Best SQ in the market
-Most reliable - also for repairs, all done based in United States and they honor no matter what
-Made in USA

Noble Audio:
-New startup with a product that people are excited about
-Made in China
-Possibly better build
-Some say SQ is equal or better (I highly doubt it, honestly - I think it's placebo, but this is pure assumption as I've never tried)

ALSO something to think about: this is a startup after all. What will happen years down the line if they don't end up maintaining business. What does this mean for warranty support with your current IEM's (these are after all not cheap and you'd hope that they'd last a long time).

JH Audio products have proven track record to last SEVERAL years and more. No record with Noble - and based on the followers in this forum, it doesn't look promising. Aesthetics can be top-notch but who knows where and how they source their drivers etc (China).

I am not biased to one company - maybe a little for this post as Noble left me with a sour taste in my mouth.. But these points mentioned above seem pretty legitimate to me. If you're enjoying Noble's offering, that's great.. I just won't trust them with my money if their customer service got so hot tempered with me over the smallest of disagreements (I was simply asking for a higher discount rate and they got extremely offended, which I understand - but again, I never forced it upon them. I told them what I wanted to spend, if they didn't want to honor they could've said no dice and I would've contemplated it again).

What exactly did Noble do?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back