Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Jan 18, 2016 at 8:16 PM Post #17,416 of 36,063
The k10 if anything is only emotive! I love that this is what it is. People may complain about nothing glaring out, but that is a good trait in terms of musicality. I can understand why in one of the better reviews I've read this year why the k10 was stated as being like "water" and formless. It is neutral in a pure emotional sense, not technical. People shouldn't get so far caught up in the numbers, and enjoy more of what and how that sound is being translated to emotionally.

I don't think he was talking about the K10 bud. We were discussing quad driver iems only.

Jan 19, 2016 at 5:24 AM Post #17,417 of 36,063

biggrin.gif
 Well GIFed, buddy! But sorry, no can do...

I have a UM Maverick which is my 2nd favourite IEM (after the K10 hehehe...) the only area in which it seems better than the K10 to me is bass detail and naturality (is that a word?). Oh, and the fit is pretty great too, on par with Noble IEMs for my ears. Everything else, I prefer the K10.

On customer service: A friend broke off one of the nozzles on my Maverick (seems to be a manufacturing defect TBH), sent them an email, got an answer 20 days later. Sent another one 11 days ago, still no answer... I rest my case 
frown.gif

Jan 19, 2016 at 6:44 AM Post #17,418 of 36,063
Gents, I have a K10U on order. I am wondering what are the best recommended IEM tips ? I have used comply foam in the past with my other IEMS which I have found to be very comfortable, however I have read that these can affect the sound negatively.

Eugguy you seem to be a bit of a Guru on Universal Iems - is the above your experience with comply tips? are you able to recommend one tip over another based on your K10U experience? 

I know I will need to try out a range before I find the best fitting one, however I am just trying to be prepared and ordering any other tips other than the stock ones so I am ready by the time the K10U comes in. 

Jan 19, 2016 at 8:22 AM Post #17,420 of 36,063
Gents, I have a K10U on order. I am wondering what are the best recommended IEM tips ? I have used comply foam in the past with my other IEMS which I have found to be very comfortable, however I have read that these can affect the sound negatively.

Eugguy you seem to be a bit of a Guru on Universal Iems - is the above your experience with comply tips? are you able to recommend one tip over another based on your K10U experience? 

I know I will need to try out a range before I find the best fitting one, however I am just trying to be prepared and ordering any other tips other than the stock ones so I am ready by the time the K10U comes in. 
The supplied tips with the k10 work great. Test those out. I would also highly recommend Spinfit and then Sprial dots. Both get amazing reviews. Just don't make the same mistake I made and push the tip all the way in past the nozzle. Attach the tip just so a seal is secured. I find that the tips secure and stabilize much better.

Jan 19, 2016 at 9:20 AM Post #17,422 of 36,063

Well tips are very personal, and here's my 2cents: I use spiral dots on Noble IEMs, I find the large opening doesn't affect the sound and they are very comfortable. Although spinfits are very comfy too, they tend to mess with the sound, because of the thinner opening I guess... Complys are great too but you must make sure the foam does not block the nozzle at all otherwise the higher frequencies are affected. I find the TS500 best in this regard.
Originally Posted by FullCircle

Well with the K10 UA, one would need

Even the regular plastic Noble IEMs are super tough, you would have to try really hard to break the nozzle. Since we are among friends, here's a pic of the Maverick. Notice how thin the nozzle is where a groove seems to be machined to hold the tip securely:

Jan 19, 2016 at 9:36 AM Post #17,423 of 36,063

JVC spiral dots always worked best for me.

Jan 19, 2016 at 10:58 AM Post #17,424 of 36,063

Haven't tried the Spinfit or the Spiral Dot tips so I can't comment on those. Of the supplied Noble tips the ones that worked for me were the small red and medium foam. The medium blue is OK but took some time to get used to and the medium red is a bit too stiff for me ears. Double flanges I've never liked. Sennheiser medium single flange were my original main choice, but darkened the sound a bit too much. However the best tip that I have found and is one that I will recommend is the Bowers & Wilkins C5 medium ear tip. Personally I consider this, for me at least, the 'Goldilocks' tip. Just right size, just right stiffness, just right transparency of the sound and is the first tip that makes the Noble uiem disappear in my ears. 

Jan 19, 2016 at 11:23 AM Post #17,425 of 36,063

Well tips are very personal, and here's my 2cents: I use spiral dots on Noble IEMs, I find the large opening doesn't affect the sound and they are very comfortable. Although spinfits are very comfy too, they tend to mess with the sound, because of the thinner opening I guess... Complys are great too but you must make sure the foam does not block the nozzle at all otherwise the higher frequencies are affected. I find the TS500 best in this regard.

Even the regular plastic Noble IEMs are super tough, you would have to try really hard to break the nozzle. Since we are among friends, here's a pic of the Maverick. Notice how thin the nozzle is where a groove seems to be machined to hold the tip securely:

Same thing happened to me with the UM Mentor Universal. Not the most settling feeling when things like this happen effortlessly, and that goes for any IEM above the $1000 price range.

Jan 19, 2016 at 10:24 PM Post #17,427 of 36,063

Unless your friend is Bruce Banner, then this is just some pathetic QC/design issue. I can't imagine it would be hard to get a quality plastic for a $1000 DOLLAR IEM. Greedy...just greedy, on the company's part.

They should take a hint from Noble IEMs. The aluminum K10s and the plastic regular mold is lightweight but feels solid as a rock.

Jan 19, 2016 at 10:31 PM Post #17,429 of 36,063

The ones in the pictures are not a Noble product.

My apologies, I should specify that in my post. :)

I have owned Noble 3Us, and those were terrific in terms of build and sound. Btw, I read the previous posts, and....good luck with your K10s man, that's pretty rough.

Jan 19, 2016 at 10:35 PM Post #17,430 of 36,063
  My apologies, I should specify that in my post. :)

I have owned Noble 3Us, and those were terrific in terms of build and sound. Btw, I read the previous posts, and....good luck with your K10s man, that's pretty rough.

They have to rebuild the side I broke, it was just a fluke thing that probably couldn't happen ever again. Well lets hope I dont do another dumbarse move like that. Thanks for the well wishes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back