Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Jan 17, 2016 at 12:17 PM Post #17,401 of 36,071
  His review was very compelling.....
rolleyes.gif

My K10 review should offset the huge losses coming from his. 
biggrin.gif

Jan 17, 2016 at 2:39 PM Post #17,402 of 36,071
Have to say here, The Mentor and Mason from Unique Melody kill K10 in almost every aspect!

Different strokes for different folks.  I sold my U mentors after 2 x 1 hour sessions, because I had much better sounding IEMs at the time.  With the C Miracles which I still love, on airplanes, I would start with the 334s at the beginning of the flight because there are questions to answer, food to eat and did not want to hassle pulling them out and then reseating them to hear and speak.

Got the K-10 customs and after the first listening session, the sound is so good, that the 334s never get used (or my lonely Miracles) and the hassle of R&R is worth the quality of sound the K-10s give.  Same supporting gears.  Which is how I think of my DAP, a supporting gear to the star of the show...the K-10 Custom.

Jan 17, 2016 at 7:36 PM Post #17,404 of 36,071
Have to say here, The Mentor and Mason from Unique Melody kill K10 in almost every aspect!

Kind of a trolling comment, haha. What does "every aspect" mean? Not much behind that comment. I can say this because I have followed the um mentor forum from inception, as well as owning a mentor universal (and now a k10u for the past 2 weeks:).The mentor and the k10 do things very differently. I am formulating a bigger and more serious review of a few universal iems I own, aiming to be published within the next month. But in a jist between the two, the k10 is alot warmer and presents music in a more cohesive manner. The mentor is like drinking a glass of cold water after taking a 5 mile jog. The k10 is like entering a room temperature room after walking outside in below freezing temperatures. Both are refreshing and welcoming in their respective ways. Both do music very well and present sound in a unique manner. Noble customer service is light-years ahead of Unique Melody and anything Jerry Harvey. The only other company that has impressed me with customer service has been Cypher Labs. I will not sell or trade either as they both present with unique and special sound signatures. 

It has taken a few years for me to both give and appreciate concise and objective comments (as possible) regarding headphones/iems. Head-fi and audiophile culture seem to appreciate more black and white commentary, and if subjective commentary/reviews, as friendly, relatable and comparative as possible. It seems sometimes opinions, without actually having heard (or in a more respectable sense) owning the product is not to be taken seriously, obviously. I believe when someone who has actually put in the time to research, spend the money, as well as trying to dissect the particular nuances between each iem will present their reviews in a more objective manner as possible, even if they intend to present their review in an opinionated/subjective state. 

Jan 17, 2016 at 8:09 PM Post #17,405 of 36,071
Have to say here, The Mentor and Mason from Unique Melody kill K10 in almost every aspect.

I own the Mason and the K10UA and I have owned and sold the UM Mentor. I can say without any reservation that the above comment is absurd. They are very different sounding iem's but to say that one "kills" the other is ridiculous. It is also very misleading to any prospective buyer. I am listening to the K10UA as I type this so that might indicate  my preference.

Jan 17, 2016 at 10:38 PM Post #17,407 of 36,071

Quote:
  All this reaction for a 1-sentence hit and run by someone who apparently is still looking to purchase the so-called "killer" IEMs 
rolleyes.gif
 Seriously guys, let's move along, nothing to see here.

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Jan 18, 2016 at 9:09 AM Post #17,408 of 36,071

Quote:
 All this reaction for a 1-sentence hit and run by someone who apparently is still looking to purchase the so-called "killer" IEMs 
rolleyes.gif
 Seriously guys, let's move along, nothing to see here.

Kudos to John. Who has started my week with the two funniest gifs I've seen so far this week.

And also for the Savant which in my very very quick impression so far is definitely a keeper.

Jan 18, 2016 at 9:34 AM Post #17,409 of 36,071
Yeah I needed something more detailed and precise than the ue900S. The ue900S sounded a bit too veiled to me. And yeah to you Malevolent since you prefer warm and bass heavy iems then what might seem as bass heavy to me might be bass light to you. I guess I'm just used to the clean and tight bass of the er4S. I prefer a sound signature along the line of those beauties.
smily_headphones1.gif
That's why I picked the Noble 4.

Yeah, you're right. We see the UE900 from different perspectives. It's a pretty good IEM, though - probably the most detailed universal IEM I have in my collection.

With that said, it's not a very emotive earphone. It's certainly not enjoying much playing time these days.

Jan 18, 2016 at 9:46 AM Post #17,410 of 36,071

Wow, it sounds like you're trolling, bro.

Anyway, you really shouldn't make such statements without including any definitive reasons as to why or how you have arrived at such a conclusion. Not in this thread, especially. You'll be mobbed. 
biggrin.gif

Btw, I have a Mentor myself, and while I think it's fantastic, the K10 is still the better IEM. But that's an entirely subjective opinion. I'll state my reasons when you state yours. 
wink.gif

Jan 18, 2016 at 2:22 PM Post #17,414 of 36,071
Yeah, you're right. We see the UE900 from different perspectives. It's a pretty good IEM, though - probably the most detailed universal IEM I have in my collection.

With that said, it's not a very emotive earphone. It's certainly not enjoying much playing time these days.

"The most detailed universal iem I have in my collection" "not a very emotive earphone" hmm are you talking about the ue900 or the noble 4? Because I have heard that the noble 4 beats all other quad driver iems out there in terms of clarity and detail.

Jan 18, 2016 at 8:14 PM Post #17,415 of 36,071
"The most detailed universal iem I have in my collection" "not a very emotive earphone" hmm are you talking about the ue900 or the noble 4? Because I have heard that the noble 4 beats all other quad driver iems out there in terms of clarity and detail.
The k10 if anything is only emotive! I love that this is what it is. People may complain about nothing glaring out, but that is a good trait in terms of musicality. I can understand why in one of the better reviews I've read this year why the k10 was stated as being like "water" and formless. It is neutral in a pure emotional sense, not technical. People shouldn't get so far caught up in the numbers, and enjoy more of what and how that sound is being translated to emotionally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back