Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Jan 12, 2016 at 12:33 PM Post #17,266 of 36,078
So I'm thinking of buying a pair of Noble IEMs, I currently run a pair of HiFiMAN HE-560's though a Bifrost and Lyr 2 - I enjoy the sound a lot. I prefer the neutral sound.

I'm struggling to work out how the 3C, 4C, 5C and 6C compare to over-ear headphones? I'm familiar with over-ear but not IEMs, I assume the 4C is somewhat similar to my HE-560's? The 6C are maybe similar to LCD 3's? I've heard the Kaiser 10 compared to the HD 800. If someone can give me some sort of yard stick to begin getting familiar with the range I'd be very appreciative.

Jan 12, 2016 at 1:01 PM Post #17,267 of 36,078
  So I'm thinking of buying a pair of Noble IEMs, I currently run a pair of HiFiMAN HE-560's though a Bifrost and Lyr 2 - I enjoy the sound a lot. I prefer the neutral sound.

I'm struggling to work out how the 3C, 4C, 5C and 6C compare to over-ear headphones? I'm familiar with over-ear but not IEMs, I assume the 4C is somewhat similar to my HE-560's? The 6C are maybe similar to LCD 3's? I've heard the Kaiser 10 compared to the HD 800. If someone can give me some sort of yard stick to begin getting familiar with the range I'd be very appreciative.

The way they describe them on the Noble website I find to be very accurate. The parts below in italics are from the Noble pages.

3's = With a ‘V’ shaped frequency response, the Noble 3 in-ear monitor is characterized by a controlled, impactful, low end and far-reaching highs.
I like the 3's and they're a great entry point to IEMs. They're definitely V shaped and fun to listen to, but not in the same class as the bigger siblings (6's and 10's) in my opinion in terms of SQ of my liking. However, they're very good for their price-point. 

4's = neutral sounding piece designed to appeal to those who desire a flatter frequency response... smooth, linear, sound makes for an ideal pairing with vocal, acoustic, and classical music.
The 4's are very neutral, much more of a "reference" style, if that's your cup of tea. It's not mine, I like engaging and fun, but I know many people who love these. 

5's = deep, thick layered, bass and highs that never fatigue the ear, the Noble 5 in-ear monitor strikes a balance between fun and articulate.
Can't say much as I have very limited experience with the 5's. 

6's = the low-end is considerably filled out while soundstage has expanded building upon what is already a natural, airy, space...monitor is characterized by smooth mids and highs with great extension at the top end.
The 6's are really fun and if I couldn't afford the K10's I'd be happy with these. I'd say the 6's are more like the HD650's, which are my backup cans to my LCD-3's. 

K10's = seemingly unchallenged at every frequency and capacity. 10-drivers working in unison as one results in what is likely the most coherent sound ever produced by a portable audio product.
...but luckily I can afford the Kaisers and have owned mine for well over a year now. Love them to death, and you can find the link to my full review in my signature line. You'll also see how I compare the K10's and the LCD-3's in that review. That's the best comparison I can make. 

Cheers 

Jan 12, 2016 at 1:10 PM Post #17,268 of 36,078
  The way they describe them on the Noble website I find to be very accurate. The parts below in italics are from the Noble pages.

3's = With a ‘V’ shaped frequency response, the Noble 3 in-ear monitor is characterized by a controlled, impactful, low end and far-reaching highs.
I like the 3's and they're a great entry point to IEMs. They're definitely V shaped and fun to listen to, but not in the same class as the bigger siblings (6's and 10's) in my opinion in terms of SQ of my liking. However, they're very good for their price-point. 

4's = neutral sounding piece designed to appeal to those who desire a flatter frequency response... smooth, linear, sound makes for an ideal pairing with vocal, acoustic, and classical music.
The 4's are very neutral, much more of a "reference" style, if that's your cup of tea. It's not mine, I like engaging and fun, but I know many people who love these. 

5's = deep, thick layered, bass and highs that never fatigue the ear, the Noble 5 in-ear monitor strikes a balance between fun and articulate.
Can't say much as I have very limited experience with the 5's. 

6's = the low-end is considerably filled out while soundstage has expanded building upon what is already a natural, airy, space...monitor is characterized by smooth mids and highs with great extension at the top end.
The 6's are really fun and if I couldn't afford the K10's I'd be happy with these. I'd say the 6's are more like the HD650's, which are my backup cans to my LCD-3's. 

K10's = seemingly unchallenged at every frequency and capacity. 10-drivers working in unison as one results in what is likely the most coherent sound ever produced by a portable audio product.
...but luckily I can afford the Kaisers and have owned mine for well over a year now. Love them to death, and you can find the link to my full review in my signature line. You'll also see how I compare the K10's and the LCD-3's in that review. That's the best comparison I can make. 

Cheers 

Awesome, thank you kindly for the reply and the review, it's really greatly appreciated.
smile.gif
 I'll have a good read of your review of the K10 a bit later this evening. 

I originally had a £300 budget when I was looking for over-ears, heard the HE-560's and doubled it and them some. I've not restricted myself to a budget with the IEMs, however I won't be going as far as the Prestige line! I was thinking of the 6C because of the slightly better low end (apparently), but I was also thinking of getting the R Configuration which would bump the price to £880, which is far too close to the K10 for me not to consider them. 

There is an audiologist in London that stock Noble for the UK, I might have to go and book myself in soon and have a listen to the universal models to get an idea of the sound. 

Jan 12, 2016 at 2:07 PM Post #17,269 of 36,078
Awesome, thank you kindly for the reply and the review, it's really greatly appreciated. :smile:  I'll have a good read of your review of the K10 a bit later this evening. 

I originally had a £300 budget when I was looking for over-ears, heard the HE-560's and doubled it and them some. I've not restricted myself to a budget with the IEMs, however I won't be going as far as the Prestige line! I was thinking of the 6C because of the slightly better low end (apparently), but I was also thinking of getting the R Configuration which would bump the price to £880, which is far too close to the K10 for me not to consider them. 

There is an audiologist in London that stock Noble for the UK, I might have to go and book myself in soon and have a listen to the universal models to get an idea of the sound. 

If u like neutral, u should consider the Savant as well

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Jan 12, 2016 at 2:13 PM Post #17,270 of 36,078

I'll give it a go when I go into London. I fancy something a bit more playful this time around, my HE-560 aren't light on bass but they aren't exactly smothering like Audeze are. I want something a little darker that I can use at home or out and about.

Jan 12, 2016 at 2:18 PM Post #17,271 of 36,078

I'll give it a go when I go into London. I fancy something a bit more playful this time around, my HE-560 aren't light on bass but they aren't exactly smothering like Audeze are. I want something a little darker that I can use at home or out and about.

I'd recommend the jerg mod for bringing the best out of the HE-560s

Jan 12, 2016 at 2:42 PM Post #17,272 of 36,078
Just want to let everyone know my original impaired K10u was replaced by a new working set. Brannan was a gentleman and did a fine job helping me. Good to see true nobility being brought to the Noble name. I definitely feel alot more comfortable making future purchases, recommendations in the future to the Noble brand. I will post revised impressions/mini-review once I get some hours on it. I'm also going to work on making reviews and comparisons of the IEMS I have in my possession if anyone is interested. (K10, SE846, JH Roxanne, UM Mentor, 1964 U12, ASG2.0, IE80)

Jan 12, 2016 at 3:13 PM Post #17,273 of 36,078
Just want to let everyone know my original impaired K10u was replaced by a new working set. Brannan was a gentleman and did a fine job helping me. Good to see true nobility being brought to the Noble name. I definitely feel alot more comfortable making future purchases, recommendations in the future to the Noble brand. I will post revised impressions/mini-review once I get some hours on it. I'm also going to work on making reviews and comparisons of the IEMS I have in my possession if anyone is interested. (K10, SE846, JH Roxanne, UM Mentor, 1964 U12, ASG2.0, IE80)

Great that you are sorted. Hope you now enjoy the K10's. I'll be interested to read your comparisons.

Jan 12, 2016 at 3:17 PM Post #17,274 of 36,078

You folks may want to read about the topic 

"Right Ear advantage"

http://www.livescience.com/9679-people-prefer-ear-listening.html

and just like some folks are left hand dominant, there are some people that are left ear dominant as well.

I cant speak for music, but talking on the phone I use my left ear almost 100% of the time.

Jan 12, 2016 at 5:35 PM Post #17,276 of 36,078
  Wow that's amazing Doc
biggrin.gif

I guess these new Aluminum shells have really cut down the waiting period. I remember it was months of waiting before.

Impressions in South Korea are very positive regarding the new K10AU. Many prefer them over the old K10U.

I will be ordering one ASAP. Can't wait to have the famous K10AU join Layla in my collection as an awesome one-two punch

being in Korea , i would have gone for the rhapsodio solar

apparently 2 people who owned both K10 and solar , just sold their K10s and kept the solar 

this is definitely saying something about how good solar sounds 
wink.gif

just my 2 cents , having talked previously at large by pm and all

cheers

Jan 12, 2016 at 6:24 PM Post #17,278 of 36,078

apparently 2 people who owned both K10 and solar , just sold their K10s and kept the solar 

wink.gif

cheers

Amazing, their are also 2 people selling their DX80 right now, they must have kept something better.

Jan 12, 2016 at 6:25 PM Post #17,279 of 36,078

wink.gif

cheers

Tact, it's a thing.

Jan 12, 2016 at 6:41 PM Post #17,280 of 36,078

this is definitely saying something about how good solar sounds :wink:

cheers

Such compelling anecdotal evidence, and from a whopping 2 people no less. This guy clearly is buying the wrong CIEM. By the way, I know two people who switched to Geico and saved 15% on their car insurance, so I think everyone here knows what to do...

I'm convinced you hang around here just to inflame. Nobody buys that you're just trying to be helpful. If it looks like a troll and walks like a troll.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back