Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Jan 11, 2016 at 11:45 PM Post #17,251 of 36,040
Question on balance tuning in k10..

My setup uses TRRS connection to zx2. I tried an experiment with some interesting results and need your input.. If I move the balance slider to full left I hear the music much clearer than if the slider is moved all the way to the right. What I mean is right side seems bit veiled. I didn't expect this all things being equal both channels should sound the same. Is this wrong assumption. My guess how the album was recorded doesn't come into play when using the balance slider correct? any thoughts?

Jan 12, 2016 at 12:52 AM Post #17,253 of 36,040
  so you beleive in cables? Now I have stated teds shoild go head to head with double helix. DHC is type four litz not type two. The feel of cable is different as I have been told. Im always looking for that little extra wow in sound, so while value is interesting, dhc has my attention cause of the wow. Enjoy your teds cable, you should try dhc and compare.

I just got my DHC SP for my K10s but have yet to put them on. I have the Jh16s and decided to try cable with those and the sound is amazing thus will use them with the 16s. Very detailed, clear, tight base, and awesome soundstage. I know what some are thinking that cables don't improve the sound but to my ears, it does. The DHC took 12 weeks to get but really happy with them. I will admit they are not cheap but what is one to do????

Jan 12, 2016 at 3:55 AM Post #17,254 of 36,040
I'm thinking you are more like the silent majority.  Memory wire also helps to insure the longevity of the cable as well.  

Will I ever move away from it..... ?      I've learned to never say never

I think in the case of universals where the IEMs could potentially stick out a bit due to non perfect fit, memory wire helps in getting a more secure fit. IMHO

Jan 12, 2016 at 4:38 AM Post #17,255 of 36,040

so you beleive in cables? Now I have stated teds shoild go head to head with double helix. DHC is type four litz not type two. The feel of cable is different as I have been told. Im always looking for that little extra wow in sound, so while value is interesting, dhc has my attention cause of the wow. Enjoy your teds cable, you should try dhc and compare.

I just got my DHC SP for my K10s but have yet to put them on. I have the Jh16s and decided to try cable with those and the sound is amazing thus will use them with the 16s. Very detailed, clear, tight base, and awesome soundstage. I know what some are thinking that cables don't improve the sound but to my ears, it does. The DHC took 12 weeks to get but really happy with them. I will admit they are not cheap but what is one to do????

Thank you my bouts of sanity are not in vain. :etysmile:

Jan 12, 2016 at 8:23 AM Post #17,257 of 36,040
All I'll say is, anyone swayed by all this talk of cables, go and have a read in Sound Science.

All I can say is go and test them. Or go read something that says don't. The facts are is it worth it? For the price I pay that finally found a cable company that matters sonically and quality wise. That is debatable and frankly at a cost per utility way, it's not, stick with stock. But I realize that I'm doing the thread no favours in a no win debate so carry on. I just started it stating that I have tried cables that didn't do it for me and those that did. Cheers.

Jan 12, 2016 at 8:44 AM Post #17,258 of 36,040
Question on balance tuning in k10..

My setup uses TRRS connection to zx2. I tried an experiment with some interesting results and need your input.. If I move the balance slider to full left I hear the music much clearer than if the slider is moved all the way to the right. What I mean is right side seems bit veiled. I didn't expect this all things being equal both channels should sound the same. Is this wrong assumption. My guess how the album was recorded doesn't come into play when using the balance slider correct? any thoughts?

I wouldn't think the actual recording has anything to do with it.  Only thing I could think to do would be to perform the same test on the zx2 with other phones or iems and see if you get the same result, then try using a different source.  Then you would at least narrow it down to iem, source, or your hearing.  Hate to say your hearing, but I have just the tiniest difference in my left and right hearing which makes the right channel sound a tiny bit more clear.  It generally doesn't make a noticeable difference to me unless the recording itself might play a instruments note that shifts from right to left or vice versa repetitively.

Jan 12, 2016 at 9:57 AM Post #17,260 of 36,040

Let's talk details.​
 ​
 ​

Gives new meaning to gear ear or maybe it's ear gear, either way they are sweet
bigsmile_face.gif

Jan 12, 2016 at 10:15 AM Post #17,261 of 36,040
I like seeing internal workings, i have 846 transparent. this is very cool imaginary whatever. 
tongue_smile.gif

Jan 12, 2016 at 11:33 AM Post #17,262 of 36,040
  I wouldn't think the actual recording has anything to do with it.  Only thing I could think to do would be to perform the same test on the zx2 with other phones or iems and see if you get the same result, then try using a different source.  Then you would at least narrow it down to iem, source, or your hearing.  Hate to say your hearing, but I have just the tiniest difference in my left and right hearing which makes the right channel sound a tiny bit more clear.  It generally doesn't make a noticeable difference to me unless the recording itself might play a instruments note that shifts from right to left or vice versa repetitively.

You folks may want to read about the topic 

"Right Ear advantage"

http://www.livescience.com/9679-people-prefer-ear-listening.html
Not only do humans prefer to hear in the right ear, we actually hear information better in our right ears, Tommasi said.

and just like some folks are left hand dominant, there are some people that are left ear dominant as well.

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Jan 12, 2016 at 12:07 PM Post #17,263 of 36,040

You folks may want to read about the topic 

"Right Ear advantage"

http://www.livescience.com/9679-people-prefer-ear-listening.html

and just like some folks are left hand dominant, there are some people that are left ear dominant as well.

Not VanGogh
eek.gif

Jan 12, 2016 at 12:08 PM Post #17,264 of 36,040
Never had a problem. Even when wearing glasses. Lucky I guess.

You're lucky, bro. Memory wire + my ears = frustration. I hate it when the memory wire starts moving about; I like it when cables stay flat at the back of my ears. With memory wire, it almost never does.

But oh well, if it works for you, then it's all good, buddy! 
smile.gif

I like memory wire!

Heh.

I know some people love them. And I also know people who hate them.

I guess it's one of those like it or hate it kinda things. 
wink.gif

Jan 12, 2016 at 12:12 PM Post #17,265 of 36,040
All I'll say is, anyone swayed by all this talk of cables, go and have a read in Sound Science.

You know me, I'm in it just for the looks. And, no memory wires! 
cool.gif

But I'm not going to get into the whole cable science debate. I'm outta there! 
ph34r.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back