Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Nov 1, 2013 at 5:41 PM Post #151 of 36,066
Every day I go to nobleaudio.com, click products, and drag my mouse over the box titled universal and as my excitement builds... and am met with disappointment. Where's my immediate gratification?

Nov 1, 2013 at 8:43 PM Post #152 of 36,066
Every day I go to nobleaudio.com, click products, and drag my mouse over the box titled universal and as my excitement builds... and am met with disappointment. Where's my immediate gratification?

Coming soon. 
normal_smile .gif

Nov 2, 2013 at 12:01 AM Post #154 of 36,066
don't worry i blame my impatience, not noble audio. All in good time! :) 

Nov 2, 2013 at 2:57 PM Post #156 of 36,066
waiting for more impressions from the meeting  :L3000:

I hope everyone who goes to the meet has a good time. I was not able to meet Brannan and compare my K10 to the universals, but he did send them to me and I am enjoying them at 30,000 feet right now. Still playing with fit but the immediate discomfort of the original build seems to not be there. Being my first custom and first acrylic I can say that Wizard's charts are right and that these do isolate differently from foam tipped universals. Not better or worse just different.
I won't give any impressions from the plane since this is hardly an ideal listening environment. That being said I have a big ole grin on my face....

Nov 3, 2013 at 1:01 AM Post #158 of 36,066
I just wanted to thank Brannan for coming to the meet. It was great to finally hear the almighty K10...

Impressions? (I already got mine done and they were sent to Noble a few weeks ago. 
biggrin.gif
)

OK, since it seems we have to have full disclosure here on Head-Fi: I am getting a pair of K10's and I do take photos for Noble. So I guess I am biased. And then now you're going to hear a glowing review.
When I listened to the universal/demo version of the K10 today on my AK120, I was thinking about Head-Fi and what I was going to say about them. Then I thought to myself, "No one is going to believe anything I say unless I say something negative, especially since people assume I am biased anyway."

[size=1em]Well, that ain't gonna happen![/size]

[size=1em]Once I got the right size Comply tips on the K10 demos, all I can say is WOW! I couldn't find any area of the sound that wasn't "just right". It's funny when you buy the gear that you love and listen to every day. You think it's amazing since that's why you bought it. It can be dangerous to listen to other gear. I listen to my Heir 8.A's all the time and I didn't think it could get any better. Well it can. It can get a LOT better.[/size]
[size=1em]What else can I say: Tons of detail. I love detailed sound. That's why I have Stax 009's, HD800's, Ety ER4S. The K10's were all that. Then you hear the low end and it's hard to believe how good that is too. LOTS of bass, but tight, controlled, etc. [/size]

I don't know how John did it, but these things are a big step up in sound quality from anything I have heard before. Congratulations!

So, I thought again about Head-Fi and I don't know what's going to happen when more people hear the demo K10's and just keep saying how good they are. I can't imagine anything else.

But, I am biased, so let's see what happens.

I can't wait to get mine!

-Darin

Nov 5, 2013 at 7:21 PM Post #162 of 36,066
I've just ordered the 8c — with rush order. So I should have them more or less in 3 weeks I think.
I'll try to post my impressions, but don't know if I'll have the time to make a complete review — not in the coming weeks I think. But when I have them, I'll answer any questions...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back