Nintendo Revolution controller!
Sep 16, 2005 at 4:32 AM Post #3 of 69
Well, at least this will make gamers' ARMS strong, even if they still don't work out any.
biggrin.gif

Sep 16, 2005 at 4:39 AM Post #4 of 69
blink.gif

Uh . . . that doesn't really seem uh . . . uh.

Sep 16, 2005 at 4:40 AM Post #5 of 69
This could either be really cool or really bad.

Sep 16, 2005 at 4:47 AM Post #7 of 69
I think it will be great for role playing games, as most of them would only require one hand and you could use the other to eat or drink a cold one. A third party actually made one for the SNES specifically for RPGs to be played one handed. I just don't think it will work well for next gen games that require quick access to 6-8 buttons. I think it at least needs a few more buttons close to the directional pad on the remote. I can't imagine trying to play a fighting game using that controller, and because of the controller many developers will not release fighting games on the console.

Sep 16, 2005 at 4:57 AM Post #9 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood
W........T..........F......................

I have a gyro mouse. Neat at first, major PITA after awhile.

The Revolution is going to be seriously behind in graphics power anyways.

-Ed

Ed, just remember that graphics have nada to do with game quality.

Sep 16, 2005 at 4:59 AM Post #10 of 69
How on earth are you supposed to be able to reach all the buttons on the remote part? And why'd they bend the d-pad part??!?! Apparently no one that works at nintendo is left-handed!

I think nintendo is getting too "gimmicky" for me.

Sep 16, 2005 at 5:05 AM Post #11 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by D-EJ915

Oh, they have something to do with it.
wink.gif

Sep 16, 2005 at 5:09 AM Post #13 of 69
http://cubemovies.ign.com/cube/video...1605_qtlow.mov for a gameplay/demo video.

This thing looks really, really cool. I dig it a lot.

If you want the same thing with the same games and more horsepower, go buy your Xbox 360 or PS3. I've never been a Nintendo fan (well, I guess I really liked Goldeneye and Perfect Dark for the N64), but this looks really promising for the future of gaming. Who cares about horsepower? It's all about the code. Look at Resident Evil 4. It's on the GC, supposedly weak in comparison to the mighty Xbox, but it beats the heck out of anything on the Xbox, graphically.

I think Nintendo is taking a good aim with this product. They've said that it will be 3-4 times as powerful as the Gamecube, which isn't anywhere the horsepower level of the XB360 or PS3 (which are what, 10? 20? times more powerful than their predecessors). Nintendo will release the less-advanced hardware at a lower pricepoint, they'll continue to develop better games than any of the other consoles, and with the immersive gameplay options afforded by the new controller, they will continue to develop new game concepts.

I didn't have an interest in any of the next-gen consoles previous to this, as the "other" two have done absolutely nothing in terms of enabling/forcing developers to create better games, just "Madden disease" where it's a new iteration with new graphics and nothing else changed. I'm middlingly interested in the Revolution after it. I will reserve final judgement for final hardware, and more importantly, final software.

Sep 16, 2005 at 5:26 AM Post #15 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by D-EJ915

LOL, you can keep telling yourself that when everyone else is enjoying kick @ss next gen graphics while you're playing with this one handed wonder. Oh, with a tethered thingy too.
rolleyes.gif

-Ed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back