Nintendo Revolution controller!
Sep 16, 2005 at 5:52 PM Post #31 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by EricP
Or those shoulder buttons for your SNES? The ones that caused Sega to scrap their Genesis controller design in mid-stream to add shoulder buttons?

Just a correction. They never forced Sega to add shoulder buttons to the Genesis controller. They did force Sega to release a 6 button controller. The buttons were in a fighting layout, 3 on 3. Street Fighter II probably had a lot to do with it.

Quote:

The only generation that Nintendo wasn't massively innovative was with the Gamecube controller, which is pretty much the DS2 controller with a different button layout. But it's still my favorite controller of the current generation, because it's much more comfortable in layout, for me at least.

Yeah that controller is nothing new. I also find the D-pad to be too small and stiff. I like the Dual Shock layout the best. Nintendo did popularize wireless controllers with the Wavebird though. It was the first wireless controller that offered rock solid reliability, outstanding battery life, and first party quality. After that every wireless controller for any system was always compared to the Wavebird. For example, the pinnacle of wireless PS2 controllers, the Logitech Cordless Action Controller, is what I'd call that system's Wavebird.

Sep 16, 2005 at 7:47 PM Post #32 of 69
I like it i just hope that when people are playing it they dont get too excited and tear the hell out of that connecting cord
eek.gif

Sep 16, 2005 at 8:45 PM Post #33 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by 12thgear
People keep trotting out the old statement "I'll take gameplay over graphics any day." As if we live in an age where we have to choose one over the other. A competent developer will give us both.

That sounds good in theory. The reality is that competent companies have increasingly focused on graphics at the expense of gameplay. You have a limited time and budget and many companies are pumping out sequels with the same old gameplay and prettier graphics.

Personally, I'm about the gameplay first and the graphics second. I agree that graphics increase the enjoyment of a game, but if the foundation of good gameplay isn't there, it doesn't matter for me.

I'm not sure on that Ninetendo controller at all right now.

Sep 16, 2005 at 9:38 PM Post #34 of 69
First of all, it's not two to three times as powerful. Not true; they never said it.

Second, the Rev CAN do 480p.

Thirdly, I'm quite excited about this.

Sep 16, 2005 at 9:45 PM Post #35 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by mr.karmalicious
First of all, it's not two to three times as powerful. Not truel they never said it.

Second, the Rev CAN do 480p.

Thirdly, I'm quite excited about this.

Really? Curious, since any tech specs of the internal hardware of the Revolution are still unannouced.

As for 480P, I'm sure the Revolution will do that at least, since the Gamecube is capable of 480P at least.

But XBox 360 has a standard resolution of 720P. Sony is still not 100% committed, but they are claiming 1080P.

Nintendo is going to be way too late to the party yet again.

-Ed

Sep 16, 2005 at 10:49 PM Post #36 of 69
You know what I meant... it could be 2-3 times as powerful, but they never said that. I dunno what Ninty's thinking with the HD, though. Doesn't bother me, as I don't have an HDTV, but I feel bad for the people who do...

Sep 17, 2005 at 8:09 AM Post #37 of 69
Nice... uh... remote! I sure hope whatever controller ends up being used, that it can be easily used as a controller. If Nintendo did the Wavebird thing for the Revolution(albeit with a slightly better button arrangement), that's what I'd prefer, but I'd have a short cord (~6" retractable) on the control to jack into the console for charging, even when it's off.

580smile.gif
Abe

Sep 17, 2005 at 1:53 PM Post #38 of 69
Well at first I thought "wow, it's a remote...". Then I read about it and watched the video, and now I want a Revolution...
biggrin.gif

The PS3 and Xbox 360 are basically fated to be the exact same thing, a near supercomputer that allows better graphics on more of the same games we all know and love. But Nintendo decided to avoid that kind of trend, because they wanted something innovative and compeletly different to set them apart from the rest of the market. It's a bold move, but it may pay off in the end. Just my thoughts.

Sep 17, 2005 at 6:21 PM Post #42 of 69
With that shell, I will definately be buying a Revolution. The Wavebird, imo, is the most comfortable controller out there. Add the 3d-mouse capabilities to it, and you have the revolution-ary new gameplay with the standard, more conventional feel. I will be using the shell for Smash (which is like, my favorite game of all time) and the pointer/nunchakku for action/adventures (LOL ZELDA SLASH SWORD FUNFUN). Nintendo, in terms of gameplay, imo, has got PS3 and x360 beat. They have the standard controller, like everyone else, AND a lightgun/controller/mouse hybrid to go along with it.

Sep 17, 2005 at 7:28 PM Post #45 of 69
I think this new controler will be awsome, and will bring Nintendo back. I can see then makeing some really amazing first person shooter games. To bad its not comeing out sooner, this is making me more and more anxious to get the Revolution.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back