Nintendo Revolution controller!
Sep 17, 2005 at 7:45 PM Post #46 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by ReasonablyLucid
These guys did a review of the controller they were able to use:

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3143782

From another site:
"Nintendo also mentioned that the controller stick could be slipped inside other, more conventional controller shells, dance mats, bongos, or other peripherals."

I find that pretty damn cool.

Edit:
a mockup from IGN on what a shell might look like:

understanding-the-revolution-controller-20050916041026412-000.jpg

Now that makes it more interesting.

-Ed

Sep 17, 2005 at 8:41 PM Post #47 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by YngwieJMalmsteen
How on earth are you supposed to be able to reach all the buttons on the remote part? Apparently no one that works at nintendo is left-handed!

What do you mean? You'd hold the wand with all the buttons with your left hand and then use the joystick/trigger controller on your right. If anything, this is an extremely flexible setup for lefties.

Sep 18, 2005 at 4:26 AM Post #48 of 69
Now something like that could be the salvation of this controller. Funny that they didn't have testers demo it in such a dock.... Leads me to wonder how much emphasis they will really place on producing a good one...

Sep 18, 2005 at 7:56 AM Post #49 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by ReasonablyLucid
These guys did a review of the controller they were able to use:

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId...rg/smilies/newsmiles/580smile.gif[/img], Abe

Sep 18, 2005 at 2:05 PM Post #50 of 69
I read soemthing about the revolution having a built in emulator for all Nintendo games released on any Nintendo console ever made... Personally, this features beats the heck out of better graphics for me.

Sep 19, 2005 at 3:33 AM Post #52 of 69
Graphics vs gameplay
<rant>
I own a DS, NOT a PSP. This means I get innovative games that use the new technology (Nintendogs, Canvas Curse, Meteos). Do they have the graphical polish? No. Do they do a very good job and not detract from the gameplay? Absolutely. I would much rather be playing NEW games, and not ports of full-size games as the PSP seems to be attracting.
If I want super-graphics, I will be using my PC, which will actually surpass the 360 with my next upgrade (yes fanboys, the 360 graphics chip isn't generations ahead of the current PC market, sorry) If I want new games and new ideas, which is really what attracted all of us gamers in the FIRST place then Nintendo seems to be the only way to go. You keep adding your 4xFSAA, and I'll be happily slashing away at the bad guys in front of me, or talking to the dog in my hand.
</rant>

Sep 19, 2005 at 1:59 PM Post #53 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by D-EJ915
Ed, just remember that graphics have nada to do with game quality.

I couldn't concurr more on this ,
and I've always found Nintendo put lot of efforts on innovation and gameply + artistical game concepts , whereas MS and Sony put a lot of money on hitting people with graphics and making good advertising ( which btw is the thing that set the intial selling ratio of a product/brand in our era , despite of his quality / contents )

Sep 19, 2005 at 5:25 PM Post #55 of 69
not at all, rad racer for the nes with the powerglove was uber sweet, I can't wait to try this thing out

Sep 20, 2005 at 6:47 AM Post #57 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by boodi
I couldn't concurr more on this ,
and I've always found Nintendo put lot of efforts on innovation and gameply + artistical game concepts , whereas MS and Sony put a lot of money on hitting people with graphics and making good advertising ( which btw is the thing that set the intial selling ratio of a product/brand in our era , despite of his quality / contents )

Well Nintendo does do a lot of cool stuff as a first party. I'm really looking forward to the Revolution. The fact that they're backing a really different console is awesome. Generally no matter what sort of chances they take, they come up smelling like a rose. I remember first hearing how Metroid Prime was gonna go 3D and be first person and be outsourced a developer in Texas. Fans had their doubts. Metroid Prime is now one of my all time favorite games. I loved Sega in their heyday and really want to see them recover as a player again.

Sony's internal developers take plenty of chances too, but there are more failures. That's fine. Their output is expansive. Jumping Flash, Tenchu, Parappa The Rapper, Gran Turismo, Mark of Kri, Dark Cloud are some examples of games that pushed gameplay. As a platform the PS2 has the largest selection of games I enjoy most. There are tons of third party games that blow my mind on that system too. I'm sure that the PS3 will be host to tons of really unique games too. Sure, there will be tons of glossy tech demos posing as games, but anyone who digs a little deeper will find plenty of innovative titles too. Count on it. Nintendo doesn't have the market cornered on innovation.

MS definitely plays it safe, which is a damn shame. The Xbox has some great games though, just more conventional. It's the most masculine console I own. It hosts some great titles, but they're definitely for a more targeted audience. I hope they realize that to truly make the 360 a success, they can't just rely on "guaranteed" hits. They need to take some real chances.

Sep 20, 2005 at 1:22 PM Post #58 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by 12thgear
They need to take some real chances.

We ARE talking about the same MS here, correct?
biggrin.gif

Sep 20, 2005 at 7:30 PM Post #60 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by MIKEp
If they made a game where you could fly a plane using the remote like an airplane controls i would buy revolution for that alone
biggrin.gif

expect they 'll be releasing one , this unless the Revolution is/will be a total failure - and this will only have to do with the fact that Nintendo doesn't advertise as much / as well as the other two brands . I really hope Nintendo are doing / will do smart and intelligent choices when marketing the Revolution ..

The Gamecube has great titles , If I had to carry 1 and only 1 console with me I'd take the Gamecube (
eek.gif
) but the GameCube is also merely and far behind as mass reknown is the concern if compared to the other two brands console ( both offering great titles too ) and this has only to do with the lack of strategical choice ( that is lack of strategical power in choice ) of Iwata & C.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back