NF Audio impression thread.
Jan 17, 2021 at 9:43 AM Post #1,021 of 1,292
Just listened to nm2+ after putting it to the side and testing the Believe and the final audio a4000 for review purposes. I forgot how good they sound. Technicalities are insane. Also surprised how good they are with vocals. They sound natural ,emotional and resolving with great macro and micro details. They are something else.
There really is something special about the NM2+. They are very nuanced, with a delicate presentation. That’s not to say they you can’t rock out with them too, but I think they are very good with acoustic music and vocals.

Jan 17, 2021 at 11:31 AM Post #1,022 of 1,292
There really is something special about the NM2+. They are very nuanced, with a delicate presentation. That’s not to say they you can’t rock out with them too, but I think they are very good with acoustic music and vocals.
My issue with the Believe are they are not the most versatile of sets. Although I don't find them boring they are not a jack of all trades. I find you can morph the nm2+ to work with any musical genre. Do you find the mid peak troubling as others seem to? Doesn't bother me at all!

Jan 17, 2021 at 1:27 PM Post #1,023 of 1,292
My issue with the Believe are they are not the most versatile of sets. Although I don't find them boring they are not a jack of all trades. I find you can morph the nm2+ to work with any musical genre. Do you find the mid peak troubling as others seem to? Doesn't bother me at all!
Based on the graph, it should be making my ears bleed, yet I don’t find it bothersome in the slightest, even at loud volumes. I’m MUCH more sensitive to the 4KHz peak of the FDX1.

Jan 17, 2021 at 9:55 PM Post #1,024 of 1,292

the only thing I don't like with NM2+ that I have to do tip rolling, which with $200 units should not...

but they also can take EQ like a champ, just tone down 4k freq, you should be fine. I sold my NM2+ and kept Believe... since I actually listen to more acoustic heavy music. Vocals are better in NM2+, but like I said... I prefer my acoustic music better especially percussion and drums... Believe has insane precision on percussion.

Jan 17, 2021 at 10:11 PM Post #1,025 of 1,292
Based on the graph, it should be making my ears bleed, yet I don’t find it bothersome in the slightest, even at loud volumes. I’m MUCH more sensitive to the 4KHz peak of the FDX1.
the only thing I don't like with NM2+ that I have to do tip rolling, which with $200 units should not...

but they also can take EQ like a champ, just tone down 4k freq, you should be fine. I sold my NM2+ and kept Believe... since I actually listen to more acoustic heavy music. Vocals are better in NM2+, but like I said... I prefer my acoustic music better especially percussion and drums... Believe has insane precision on percussion.
I love the Believe .. You're right percussion and timbre are spot on. Also they are very resolving and emotional. I'm in no way dissing them. They are both fantastic and a compliment to one another especially for the price. Will you get the tri 3 ?

Jan 18, 2021 at 3:07 AM Post #1,026 of 1,292
I love the Believe .. You're right percussion and timbre are spot on. Also they are very resolving and emotional. I'm in no way dissing them. They are both fantastic and a compliment to one another especially for the price. Will you get the tri 3 ?

it may take awhile getting another $200 IEM after Believe. I really enjoyed Believe.I listened to alot of Coldplay, Believe can handle complicated music like a champ. The only thing it cause wear fatigue... after 3+ hours, not too “ear”nomics lol.

Next one, prolly LZ A7.

I also just got Tripowin TC01, which was surprisingly spot on, I would say, it is about 85-90% potential of NM2+, mostly due to tame 4K for 1/3 of the price.

bought it from Amazon, was going to return it initially. But then decided to keep it as NM2+ replacement.

slightly thinner vocal and more rounded sound stage, tamer 4k, not shouty, enough treble extension without being sibilance.

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2021 at 8:15 PM Post #1,027 of 1,292
Hi folks! If I already have the NM2+, would you say it's worthwhile to get the OG NM2? Is it just 'the plus but worse' or is it different enough to have both?

Some graphs showing how some of the modular crossovers change the tuning on the NE4:

chrome_mtfddH7LXS.pngchrome_Z61qvP8PNV.png3.jpg
Noob question: what is a crossover and how does one remove and install it? Is it as easy as switching tuning filters?

The NM2+ is a bit too hot for me, but using the AET08 is enough to tame it. It adds a bit of midbass boost though which I'm not sure how I feel about.

it may take awhile getting another $200 IEM after Believe. I really enjoyed Believe.I listened to alot of Coldplay, Believe can handle complicated music like a champ. The only thing it cause wear fatigue... after 3+ hours, not too “ear”nomics lol.

Next one, prolly LZ A7.

I also just got Tripowin TC01, which was surprisingly spot on, I would say, it is about 85-90% potential of NM2+, mostly due to tame 4K for 1/3 of the price.

bought it from Amazon, was going to return it initially. But then decided to keep it as NM2+ replacement.

slightly thinner vocal and more rounded sound stage, tamer 4k, not shouty, enough treble extension without being sibilance.
The only thing keeping me from buying the Tc01 is the bass, some people say it's a very bassy pair. How would you compare the bass to the NM2+'s? Cheers

Jan 19, 2021 at 8:38 PM Post #1,028 of 1,292
Noob question: what is a crossover and how does one remove and install it?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Audio_crossover -- tl;dr a crossover is an electrical device that separates different sound frequencies.

Example:
images

In NE4's case, you'll swap faceplates that contain different crossovers values/circuits.
chrome_3L1ha9Ooyh.png

Is it as easy as switching tuning filters?
Well, switching faceplates wouldn't be as fast as tuning filters but it still very easy.

Jan 20, 2021 at 11:15 PM Post #1,029 of 1,292
Hi folks! If I already have the NM2+, would you say it's worthwhile to get the OG NM2? Is it just 'the plus but worse' or is it different enough to have both?

Noob question: what is a crossover and how does one remove and install it? Is it as easy as switching tuning filters?

The NM2+ is a bit too hot for me, but using the AET08 is enough to tame it. It adds a bit of midbass boost though which I'm not sure how I feel about.

The only thing keeping me from buying the Tc01 is the bass, some people say it's a very bassy pair. How would you compare the bass to the NM2+'s? Cheers

well, you might like TC01, the bass is a step down from NM2+

Jan 24, 2021 at 3:23 PM Post #1,031 of 1,292

It's not bassy as such. It has a very exaggerated mid bass that may be off putting to some

Jan 28, 2021 at 7:36 PM Post #1,032 of 1,292
I've had the pleasure of listening to the NM2+ everyday since I first received it back in November (11/11 sale). These are truly unwordly and intoxicating and has made a difference on how I listen to music and visual entertainment.

Coming from the KZ ZAX (which IMHO is currently their best IEM), I first expected the NM2+ to be earth shattering. But to my surprise, it wasn't. I felt like there was maybe about extra 30% difference in technicalities between the two IEMS. After a week of brain burn-in and A/B testing. I would sadly not go back to the KZ ZAX. The extra 30% became a necessity after that!

The soundstage, imaging, clarity, and details are what keeps me coming back to the NM2+ daily to try out music I've previously heard and what I've yet to hear. Electronica / Chill Synthwave / Video Game Symphonies / Meditative / R&B are my standard bearers for music. The NM2+ knocks them out every single time.

Especially the holographic soundstage. It feels spacious and almost like I'm a concert, and not like a head closet like other IEMs. I can't imagine listening to another IEM without this level of soundstage. Currently playing Cyberpunk 2077 and as an example, the PA systems and sirens in the distance within the city are so convincing and offer sense of realism that I have often look behind me.

When paired with a good Bluetooth adapter like the Qudelix 5K, the NM2+ allows to me watch movies and shows with expansive sound that beats even my surround system. Voices come in clear and accurate and not overpowered by the rest of the sounds in the scene. So far I can not perceive a difference in audio quality with LDAC using the Qudelix 5K.

My other IEM requirements is that it's offers a mic option and easy to drive with out an amp. Luckily the KZ 0.75 silver mic cable works perfect for it and complements it. It's such a relief that it's easy to drive with the 3.5mm jack on my Google Pixel 4a and have the option of using my Fiio E18 USB DAC on my PC.

Without a doubt, these were the best things to come out of 2020 for me!

Of course, it took some serious tip rolling to get the sound signature that I like while trying keep them comfortably in my ears for extended periods of time.

Here are the tips that I've tried in order (TL;DR; I think I've settled with the Spinfit CP360 TWS tips) :

• Stock tips: Good but was too bright for me and bass was a bit lacking.
  • ePro Horn-shaped: Wider bore made it too bright, but stayed in my ears for the most part.
  • AZLA SednaEarfit XELASTEC 2: Wider bore made it too bright, but DEFINITELY stayed in my ears due to the material without adjustment needed.
  • Spinfit CP-100 medium: Sound signature just about right. Slightly narrow bore tamed the brightness to tolerable levels, and slightly deeper bass but kept falling out. Gave these to my wife.
  • Spinfit CP-100 Large: Sound signature just right. Slightly narrow bore tamed the brightness to tolerable levels, and slightly deeper bass but kept falling out. Better front /rear sound projection compared to the medium.
  • Spinfit CP-240 Medium: Sound signature was off. Could not get used to the double flange and I could not get a good seal.
  • Spinfit CP-100 XL: Sound signature just right. Slightly narrow bore tamed the brightness to tolerable levels, and slightly deeper bass. I like having the tips to be seated at the ear canal instead of it being shoved in for a natural listening experience. The XL provided a slight increase in front and rear sound projection and little deeper sound, which is nice for gaming or movies/shows. Like the other Spinfits, it's didn't offer enough grip to stay in my ears when I'm walking or starting to sweat. I found some ear stabilizers from some cheap ear buds (pictured in black) that helped keep in the ear. Unfortunately they're not a perfect fit so I decided design and 3D print one.
  • Final Audio Type E (Clear / Red) Medium: Saw it on Audioreviews.org, but I didn't experience an increase in soundstage. Bass was definitely boosted and lost a tiny bit of detail in the highs due to the narrower bore compared to the Spinfits. The increased bass became too annoying for me, but at least they stayed in my ear.
  • ALXCD Klipsch Oval: The bore was narrower than the Final Audio Type E and bass was overly boosted and highs/mids were decreased a bit.
  • Creative Outlier Air TWS tips: I remembered my Creative Outlier Airs never fell out of my ears and thought maybe I could try the tips on NM2+ despite them being for a TWS set. After putting them on (they are somewhat flimsy), I was very surprised that my NM2+ did not fall out of my ears as they allowed for a deeper insertion and the body can rest on inner lobe. Unfortunately they are as wide as NM2+ nozzles and the sound became annoyingly bright.
  • Spinfit CP360: So I then I remembered seeing that Spinfit makes a TWS version and decided to chance them. I think these maybe the winner since they strangely sound slightly better than the CP-100 XL. The stem is shorter compared to the CP-100 for a deeper insertion (the NM2+ body can now fit within my concha) and has a tighter fit on the nozzle (which helps keep it on the nozzle as I can feel more friction when pulling the body out of my ear). I also like that the pack includes Large & XL pairs for me to experiment on. The Large fits but the XL offers a slightly increased sounsdstage which I believe is due to the larger surface area for additional resonance. Compared to the CP-100 XL, it sounds slightly more natural and the bass is not overdone. Having them sealed at the cusp of the canal instead in the canal makes them sound like OTH phones!
I hope to try the RHA Double Density and Acoustune AET07 / AET08 one day!

Bonus: I ended up designing and 3D printed some TPU stiffer earhooks that offer stability to finally keep these wonderbeasts from falling out of my ears and increased comfort around the lobe. JUST SO DAMN HAPPY about these.

1611880277328.png

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2021 at 7:49 PM Post #1,033 of 1,292
I've had the pleasure of listening to the NM2+ everyday since I first received it back in November (11/11 sale). These are truly unwordly and intoxicating and has made a difference on how I listen to music and visual entertainment.

Coming from the KZ ZAX (which IMHO is currently their best IEM), I first expected the NM2+ to be earth shattering. But to my surprise, it wasn't. I felt like there was maybe about extra 30% difference in technicalities between the two IEMS. After a week of brain burn-in and A/B testing. I would sadly not go back to the KZ ZAX. The extra 30% became a necessity after that!

The soundstage, imaging, clarity, and details are what keeps me coming back to the NM2+ daily to try out music I've previously heard and what I've yet to hear. Electronica / Chill Synthwave / Video Game Symphonies / Meditative / R&B are my standard bearers for music. The NM2+ knocks them out every single time.

Especially the holographic soundstage. It feels spacious and almost like I'm a concert, and not like a head closet like other IEMs. I can't imagine listening to another IEM without this level of soundstage. Currently playing Cyberpunk 2077 and as an example, the PA systems and sirens in the distance within the city are so convincing and offer sense of realism that I have often look behind me.

When paired with a good Bluetooth adapter like the Qudelix 5K, the NM2+ allows to me watch movies and shows with expansive sound that beats even my surround system. Voices come in clear and accurate and not overpowered by the rest of the sounds in the scene. So far I can not perceive a difference in audio quality with LDAC using the Qudelix 5K.

My other IEM requirements is that it's offers a mic option and easy to drive with out an amp. Luckily the KZ 0.75 silver mic cable works perfect for it and complements it. It's such a relief that it's easy to drive with the 3.5mm jack on my Google Pixel 4a and have the option of using my Fiio E18 USB DAC on my PC.

Of course, it took some serious tip rolling to get the sound signature that I like while trying keep them comfortably in my ears for extended periods of time.

Here are the tips that I've tried in order (TL;DR; I think I've settled with the Spinfit CP360 TWS tips) :

• ePro Horn-shaped: Wider bore made it too bright, but stayed in my ears for the most part.
  • AZLA SednaEarfit XELASTEC 2: Wider bore made it too bright, but DEFINITELY stayed in my ears due to the material without adjustment needed.
  • Spinfit CP-100 medium: Sound signature just about right. Slightly narrow bore tamed the brightness to tolerable levels, and slightly deeper bass but kept falling out. Gave these to my wife.
  • Spinfit CP-100 Large: Sound signature just right. Slightly narrow bore tamed the brightness to tolerable levels, and slightly deeper bass but kept falling out. Better front /rear sound projection compared to the medium.
  • Spinfit CP-240 Medium: Sound signature was off. Could not get used to the double flange and I could not get a good seal.
  • Spinfit CP-100 XL: Sound signature just right. Slightly narrow bore tamed the brightness to tolerable levels, and slightly deeper bass. I like having the tips to be seated at the ear canal instead of it being shoved in for a natural listening experience. The XL provided a slight increase in front and rear sound projection and little deeper sound, which is nice for gaming or movies/shows. Like the other Spinfits, it's didn't offer enough grip to stay in my ears when I'm walking or starting to sweat. I found some ear stabilizers from some cheap ear buds (pictured in black) that helped keep in the ear. Unfortunately they're not a perfect fit so I decided design and 3D print one.
  • Final Audio Type E (Clear / Red) Medium: Saw it on Audioreviews.org, but I didn't experience an increase in soundstage. Bass was definitely boosted and lost a tiny bit of detail in the highs due to the narrower bore compared to the Spinfits. The increased bass became too annoying for me, but at least they stayed in my ear.
  • ALXCD Klipsch Oval: The bore was narrower than the Final Audio Type E and bass was overly boosted and highs/mids were decreased a bit.
  • Creative Outlier Air TWS tips: I remembered my Creative Outlier Airs never fell out of my ears and thought maybe I could try the tips on NM2+ despite them being for a TWS set. After putting them on (they are somewhat flimsy), I was very surprised that my NM2+ did not fall out of my ears as they allowed for a deeper insertion and the body can rest on inner lobe. Unfortunately they are as wide as NM2+ nozzles and the sound became annoyingly bright.
  • Spinfit CP360: So I then I remembered seeing that Spinfit makes a TWS version and decided to chance them. I think these maybe the winner since they strangely sound slightly better than the CP-100 XL. The stem is shorter compared to the CP-100 for a deeper insertion (the NM2+ body can now fit within my concha) and has a tighter fit on the nozzle (which helps keep it on the nozzle as I can feel more friction when pulling the body out of my ear). I also like that the pack includes Large & Medium pairs for me to experiment on. The Large fits but the XL offers a slightly increased sounsdstage which I believe is due to the larger surface area for additional resonance. Compared to the CP-100 XL, it sounds slightly more natural and the bass is not overdone. Having them sealed at the cusp of the canal instead in the canal makes them sound like OTH phones!

Bonus: I ended up designing and 3D printed some TPU stiffer earhooks that offer stability to finally keep these wonderbeasts from falling out of my ears and increased comfort around the lobe. JUST SO DAMN HAPPY about these.

May I ask where did you bought the case for 5K, looks cool!

ok, nevermind, you customized !👍😊

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2021 at 9:59 PM Post #1,035 of 1,292

• Spinfit CP360: So I then I remembered seeing that Spinfit makes a TWS version and decided to chance them. I think these maybe the winner since they strangely sound slightly better than the CP-100 XL. The stem is shorter compared to the CP-100 for a deeper insertion (the NM2+ body can now fit within my concha) and has a tighter fit on the nozzle (which helps keep it on the nozzle as I can feel more friction when pulling the body out of my ear). I also like that the pack includes Large & Medium pairs for me to experiment on. The Large fits but the XL offers a slightly increased sounsdstage which I believe is due to the larger surface area for additional resonance. Compared to the CP-100 XL, it sounds slightly more natural and the bass is not overdone. Having them sealed at the cusp of the canal instead in the canal makes them sound like OTH phones!

Thanks for the rec! I have been using black Final E tips, and like how that combo sounds, but the mid bass was slightly too pronounced for what I consider ideal. Wide bore tips like Sedna tips were spacious sounding, with a good mid bass balance, but a little too bright and shouty on some songs. I recently got the CP360 tips, but didn’t think of trying them on the NM2+. I think they do strike a nice happy balance overall, with some improvement in stage vs Final Es. They fit great too, since the NM2+ has a long nozzle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back