NF Audio impression thread.
Jan 8, 2021 at 9:25 AM Post #1,006 of 1,292
Just saw this from their FB page.

Caption says:

"Tomorrow, NF Audio 4 BA interchangeable crossover IEM "NE4 Evolution" engineering machine will be unveiled soon. This is a IEM with unlimited sound, so stay tuned."

FB_IMG_1610115874215.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2021 at 2:23 PM Post #1,010 of 1,292
looks like its gonna be my 1st blind buy in 2021

are there any other info yet?

There's some info posted at the discovery thread. I grabbed the link posted. Here's the rough translation from Google:

"This headset has four Knowles moving iron units, an all-aluminum CNC bottom case and panel, and a stainless steel CNC middle frame. The most important thing is that the crossover can be replaced.
We chose four-unit three-way frequency, the most cost-effective combination at present. The moving iron unit is also very basic. The classic combination of Knowles 22955+29689+31736, the three-way frequency can be low to medium + high to high or extremely low. +full frequency + extremely high, even full frequency + mid-high + extremely high, and even one unit or two units can sound, so why not? A single 29689, or 22955+29689, can combine a good sound, and an external crossover can realize a headset, which is 4 units, 3 units, 2 units, single unit, and the imagination space is very large.
NE4 further lowers the threshold of this matter. We no longer abide by HiFi’s so-called “price by sound” principle. After purchasing the NE4 Evolution platform, we will continue to provide different sound crossover panels for everyone to choose from, whether you want to make music or listen to music, In different positions and different styles, we will make suitable crossover panels for everyone. Moreover, the price is very low. Tuning may be more complicated for other manufacturers, but for us, small things can make friends who are willing to support us get more than expected returns. This is the greatest value of a company's existence
Edit:
On January 9th, the fifth annual "Headphones and Miscellaneous Talks" ceremony, we will make our debut with the NE4 Evo engineering machine. Of course, there is still a problem as an engineering machine, but I believe that taking a look at the actual product and listening to the basic sound settings of an ear will definitely give you some expectations for this product that is expected to be launched in April. Then we will, live see."

Jan 8, 2021 at 5:42 PM Post #1,013 of 1,292
The big question is how will their new all-BA IEM perform? Their single DD IEMs have been excellent, and have been quite popular here, but there has been almost no information on head-fi regarding their all-BA IEMs, which have also been relatively pricey.

Jan 8, 2021 at 6:41 PM Post #1,014 of 1,292
I'm surprised at how I like the NM2+ more off an Apple dongle than off an E1DA 9038D. Despite the E1DA having more resolution, the final result got a bit too emotionless/cold for my taste. Apple dongle sounds more organic (especially for vocals) and not as intense. Really digging this combo now.

I think the best sounding for NM2+ was on my BTR5, just perfect. I am using Large Bass Tip from my Periodic Audio Be Driver... sounds superb.

On Iphone X... actually sucks, on my NVDIA computer card... also sucks

Jan 8, 2021 at 6:43 PM Post #1,015 of 1,292
Good to know. Thanks.

I’ve basically given up on the thought of trading the NM2+ for the FD5. Besides not wanting to spend the money, I am listening to Cat Stevens on the NM2+ (with RHA dual density tips) right now and basically don’t want to change a single thing!

How about Tri I3?
I am thinking trading my NM2+ with Tri I3... since I already has KB Ear Believe.
Fit wise... I like NM2 better, less fatigue and no cold metal feel

Jan 9, 2021 at 10:07 AM Post #1,016 of 1,292
How about Tri I3?
I am thinking trading my NM2+ with Tri I3... since I already has KB Ear Believe.
Fit wise... I like NM2 better, less fatigue and no cold metal feel
I have found the Tri I3 to be excellent, really exceeding my expectations. It is tonally well-balanced with realistic instrumental and vocal timbre.

Jan 9, 2021 at 1:06 PM Post #1,017 of 1,292
I have found the Tri I3 to be excellent, really exceeding my expectations. It is tonally well-balanced with realistic instrumental and vocal timbre.

let's see if anyone bites for trading...

Jan 17, 2021 at 1:56 AM Post #1,020 of 1,292
Just listened to nm2+ after putting it to the side and testing the Believe and the final audio a4000 for review purposes. I forgot how good they sound. Technicalities are insane. Also surprised how good they are with vocals. They sound natural ,emotional and resolving with great macro and micro details. They are something else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back