NF Audio impression thread.
post-16112052
Post #1,021 of 1,031

IEMusic

Headphoneus Supremus
Reaction score
Just listened to nm2+ after putting it to the side and testing the Believe and the final audio a4000 for review purposes. I forgot how good they sound. Technicalities are insane. Also surprised how good they are with vocals. They sound natural ,emotional and resolving with great macro and micro details. They are something else.
There really is something special about the NM2+. They are very nuanced, with a delicate presentation. That’s not to say they you can’t rock out with them too, but I think they are very good with acoustic music and vocals.

post-16112278
Post #1,022 of 1,031

Codename john

100+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
There really is something special about the NM2+. They are very nuanced, with a delicate presentation. That’s not to say they you can’t rock out with them too, but I think they are very good with acoustic music and vocals.
My issue with the Believe are they are not the most versatile of sets. Although I don't find them boring they are not a jack of all trades. I find you can morph the nm2+ to work with any musical genre. Do you find the mid peak troubling as others seem to? Doesn't bother me at all!

post-16112509
Post #1,023 of 1,031

IEMusic

Headphoneus Supremus
Reaction score
My issue with the Believe are they are not the most versatile of sets. Although I don't find them boring they are not a jack of all trades. I find you can morph the nm2+ to work with any musical genre. Do you find the mid peak troubling as others seem to? Doesn't bother me at all!
Based on the graph, it should be making my ears bleed, yet I don’t find it bothersome in the slightest, even at loud volumes. I’m MUCH more sensitive to the 4KHz peak of the FDX1.

post-16113465
Post #1,024 of 1,031

alamnp

100+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
the only thing I don't like with NM2+ that I have to do tip rolling, which with $200 units should not...

but they also can take EQ like a champ, just tone down 4k freq, you should be fine. I sold my NM2+ and kept Believe... since I actually listen to more acoustic heavy music. Vocals are better in NM2+, but like I said... I prefer my acoustic music better especially percussion and drums... Believe has insane precision on percussion.

Reactions: trellus
post-16113500
Post #1,025 of 1,031

Codename john

100+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
Based on the graph, it should be making my ears bleed, yet I don’t find it bothersome in the slightest, even at loud volumes. I’m MUCH more sensitive to the 4KHz peak of the FDX1.
the only thing I don't like with NM2+ that I have to do tip rolling, which with $200 units should not...

but they also can take EQ like a champ, just tone down 4k freq, you should be fine. I sold my NM2+ and kept Believe... since I actually listen to more acoustic heavy music. Vocals are better in NM2+, but like I said... I prefer my acoustic music better especially percussion and drums... Believe has insane precision on percussion.
I love the Believe .. You're right percussion and timbre are spot on. Also they are very resolving and emotional. I'm in no way dissing them. They are both fantastic and a compliment to one another especially for the price. Will you get the tri 3 ?

post-16113855
Post #1,026 of 1,031

alamnp

100+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
I love the Believe .. You're right percussion and timbre are spot on. Also they are very resolving and emotional. I'm in no way dissing them. They are both fantastic and a compliment to one another especially for the price. Will you get the tri 3 ?
it may take awhile getting another $200 IEM after Believe. I really enjoyed Believe.I listened to alot of Coldplay, Believe can handle complicated music like a champ. The only thing it cause wear fatigue... after 3+ hours, not too “ear”nomics lol.

Next one, prolly LZ A7.

I also just got Tripowin TC01, which was surprisingly spot on, I would say, it is about 85-90% potential of NM2+, mostly due to tame 4K for 1/3 of the price.

bought it from Amazon, was going to return it initially. But then decided to keep it as NM2+ replacement.

slightly thinner vocal and more rounded sound stage, tamer 4k, not shouty, enough treble extension without being sibilance.

Last edited:
post-16117904
Post #1,027 of 1,031

chifihead

Head-Fier
Reaction score
Hi folks! If I already have the NM2+, would you say it's worthwhile to get the OG NM2? Is it just 'the plus but worse' or is it different enough to have both?

Some graphs showing how some of the modular crossovers change the tuning on the NE4:

chrome_mtfddH7LXS.pngchrome_Z61qvP8PNV.png3.jpg
Noob question: what is a crossover and how does one remove and install it? Is it as easy as switching tuning filters?

The NM2+ is a bit too hot for me, but using the AET08 is enough to tame it. It adds a bit of midbass boost though which I'm not sure how I feel about.

it may take awhile getting another $200 IEM after Believe. I really enjoyed Believe.I listened to alot of Coldplay, Believe can handle complicated music like a champ. The only thing it cause wear fatigue... after 3+ hours, not too “ear”nomics lol.

Next one, prolly LZ A7.

I also just got Tripowin TC01, which was surprisingly spot on, I would say, it is about 85-90% potential of NM2+, mostly due to tame 4K for 1/3 of the price.

bought it from Amazon, was going to return it initially. But then decided to keep it as NM2+ replacement.

slightly thinner vocal and more rounded sound stage, tamer 4k, not shouty, enough treble extension without being sibilance.
The only thing keeping me from buying the Tc01 is the bass, some people say it's a very bassy pair. How would you compare the bass to the NM2+'s? Cheers

post-16117938
Post #1,028 of 1,031

Makahl

500+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
Noob question: what is a crossover and how does one remove and install it?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Audio_crossover -- tl;dr a crossover is an electrical device that separates different sound frequencies.

Example:

In NE4's case, you'll swap faceplates that contain different crossovers values/circuits.
chrome_3L1ha9Ooyh.png

Is it as easy as switching tuning filters?
Well, switching faceplates wouldn't be as fast as tuning filters but it still very easy.

post-16120537
Post #1,029 of 1,031

alamnp

100+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
Hi folks! If I already have the NM2+, would you say it's worthwhile to get the OG NM2? Is it just 'the plus but worse' or is it different enough to have both?

Noob question: what is a crossover and how does one remove and install it? Is it as easy as switching tuning filters?

The NM2+ is a bit too hot for me, but using the AET08 is enough to tame it. It adds a bit of midbass boost though which I'm not sure how I feel about.

The only thing keeping me from buying the Tc01 is the bass, some people say it's a very bassy pair. How would you compare the bass to the NM2+'s? Cheers
well, you might like TC01, the bass is a step down from NM2+

Reactions: chifihead
post-16129445
Post #1,031 of 1,031

Codename john

100+ Head-Fier
Reaction score

It's not bassy as such. It has a very exaggerated mid bass that may be off putting to some

Reactions: chifihead

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)