NF Audio impression thread.
Jun 20, 2024 at 5:46 AM Post #1,293 of 1,303

BEHIND THE BOX: NF Audio NA2+​

A blast from the past, part 1! Today I will be sharing my first impressions on the NF Audio NA2+, the “audiophile” counterpart of the Nx2 series of IEMs. Being released years back, I was curious to know whether this thing still holds up in today’s market with a price of $160 or is this merely a mark of the past? Let’s find out!

AD_4nXcZDOgQGxwpqmfaJ9QkS7d8RH-ksRwoc0o9n1MRZjd32X5bXUg7sC-bZOWNxvRq4LZvqUiUxRipk8iJ987LRb3c1QEV_kmW6IFbf-qXaoeWsI9yLdSEuvx1_YKsxt-OuhwWNSx6RdqOzzUQVjKG0jDkXf0

AD_4nXcuaC38GaK6-v37wvng6nb56r87IZuw0sr0JARvnnZtyDFNVUsKfnp7bI1FEt4NzRQxb8FTZdQvi70K4TNeZK-GHD5j3a71N8Km9EitzUFSQs8j2nuIS0lBhbYqj02YKYHgDQSW8RUx-9yUM1soW_yuHp5f

First and foremost, the unboxing of the NA2+ is superb! One of the nicest boxes I’ve seen that is both clean and informative. Inclusions wise, it’s acceptable but honestly shows its age the most as they’re somewhat barebones with a small carrying case, 6 pairs of eartips and a big boy jack adaptor.

AD_4nXeKp-6ZLW8kw2pjtdDVN96Bqus9Shfp6kgS1vuGkTrEWf5k8QtggpzC_d8RQ_k6ikVuiu2OYaNi2-wA0JvZyGnaPXC3LnwfYWz3GVtw_MEHshTqIdVm1OUbteKdHIFD2KhcObC5VHlBDx_64N8pndRVWzTn

The build is the one thing that has not aged a bit, well maybe except for one aspect. It’s a full metal build that feels very premium and looks damn good! The sleek edges and the sophisticated has got to be one of the nicest looking metal IEMs I’ve seen. Plus, that cute little orange circle adds a lot of character into the design! Fit wise, however, not so stellar. It’s very tip sensitive and the stock tips just don’t cut it. The cable is also kinda meh.

AD_4nXe3g2kkom8qjhoODQX9UneH--nPI5WEgmcrtSLnPe0ad7M_tCqhH52CIKt6JcQ0QKMt3FawI7AU8yXrGXUXvtpC_QmSr7Gfgi1sTulb4WcsLx8UiTZ4rq4zx8CjxlZ1itL1hayCPKs4xWARVS34-THRffpN

But finally let’s talk sound. This kind of tuning is VERY reminiscent of the norm back in the day. Not necessarily a bad thing, but I’ve gotten so accustomed to the “normal” kind of tuning that this sounded like a breath of fresh air. It’s a bright neutral sound signature with a very linear bass to mids, VERY emphasized upper mids and a surprisingly clean treble. This is, by definition, a technical focused set through and through. This takes musicality and tonality and shoves it where the sun doesn’t shine and brings out very tight and well-defined bass, linear lower mids, VERY detailed upper mids to treble and a very technical sound overall. It does so, however, at the cost of tonality but those who plan to get this IEM probably know exactly what they’ll be getting into. And boy, is this quite the treat to listen to. This is right up my alley and reminds me of the HZSound Heart Mirror in more ways than one, but I’ll save that for the full review.

FULL REVIEW COMING SOON!

If you would like to order one, consider using the non-affiliated link below:​

https://hifigo.com/collections/nf-audio/products/nf-audio-na2-iem

Jul 5, 2024 at 9:17 PM Post #1,294 of 1,303
These are lovely,
20240705_174947.jpg

First listen on Reference very nice and smooth balanced very nice treble.
20240705_174801.jpg

NF Audio
20240705_174612.jpg
graph (5).png
graph (6).png
20240705_135027.jpg
20240705_134551.jpg
20240705_134239.jpg

Jul 29, 2024 at 10:10 AM Post #1,295 of 1,303
Last edited:
Aug 28, 2024 at 8:04 AM Post #1,300 of 1,303
NF Audio is a brand known for its focus on monitoring, studio and live music tailored iems.

The NE4 Evolution is their 4 BA proposition that has a neat party trick.
The faceplates are removable and hold their own tuning signature, allowing the NE4 to have a versatile usage , from monitor to V shaped musical listening.

It's by no accounts a new release, the NE4 was launched in 2021, but it's price of 749usd served as an obstacle, preventing it to gather momentum.

Sound wise and using the Reference faceplate or the Pop faceplate, the NE4 was a bundle of surprises.

Personally the Pop faceplate was my preference, giving my music genres the desired note weight , especially in the lower registers, while at the same time, doing away with the dreaded BA timbre.

Overall I can confidently say the NE4 has joined my group of favourite all BA iems that include the PENON TURBO, the DUNU SA6 MK2, the Softears RSV and EPZ 530.

Sep 19, 2024 at 2:55 AM Post #1,302 of 1,303
NF Audio RA15

I was so surprised by RA15! It was sent to Audio Geek Europe tour group by @Eileen Yeh and NF Audio. I will admit to have looked at a frequency graph and was a little bit scared as it looked bright. But I find it highly enjoyable! Specially on warmer sources. It plays beautifully on my old iPod touch😄! Craftsmanship on IEM and cable is really nice. The metal housing on the IEM’s is small and super comfortable in my ears. I like that the cable is light and pliable, comfortable to wear, and have little design details that set it apart from the majority of sub 100usd offerings. If I ever were to sleep with an IEM in my ears it would be this one! Packaging is compact with little waste, and has everything you need.

Sound is balanced V shape to me, with excellent stage. You get two different nozzles, one slight warmer than the other. If I was to give a personal advice to NF Audio it would be to lower the high mids/treble a little bit more on the golden nozzle, to differentiate the two more. As it is the silver nozzle is great sounding. This will of course differ from person to person, surely some will prefer the more relaxed mids on the gold nozzle😊. Great set! Makes me curious about other NF Audio IEM’s

View attachment IMG_4388.jpeg

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2024 at 3:11 AM Post #1,303 of 1,303

NF Audio has always had its own way of doing things, what this means is they have personality, they don't follow trends or hypes.
The NE4 Evolution has been around for a number of years, it's always caught my attention with the swappable faceplates which conferred different tunings, however it's price was a little outside my reach, but recently I was finally able to get my hands on it and wow......what a phenomenal experience it's been.
The faceplates work, they offer an almost Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde personality to the NE4 , going from fun and energetic to calm and collected

Users who are viewing this thread

Back