NF Audio impression thread.
Nov 1, 2022 at 11:03 PM Post #1,276 of 1,292
I'd just like to say that after 2.5-3 years of trying IEMs ranging from $10-$900, the NM2+ is one of several that stood out to me as having a remarkable qualities. My tuning taste has changed so that it wouldn't suit me now on a daily basis, but it had a special something. Surprisingly I remember the bass response being one of my favorite parts of it, besides the staging, and vocals.

The RA10 is certainly interesting, will it launch during 11.11 sales?

The NA3 has had me curious on and off with its supposedly analog tuning.

Anyway I wouldn't trade the months I had with the NM2+ for anything, for a long time (relatively speaking, in this hobby!) they kept me happy and felt like they were made for me. 👍 So thanks, and I always keep one eye on NF Audio releases based on that great experience.
OK, thank you very much for your support. RA10 has been sold in Chinese Mainland, and the market response is good. As for when it will be launched overseas, I need to consult my agent. According to my understanding, some agents have asked us to place orders, which should not be too long

Nov 2, 2022 at 5:20 AM Post #1,277 of 1,292
I'm so glad to see so many people discussing NF Audio. Thank you very much,I am the CEO of NF Audio. No matter what questions you have about us, you are welcome to ask me
Hi, nice to meet someone from NF Audio.
I am many years fond of NF3u and more recently of NE4. Speaking of which, are there more tuning faceplates coming? Will this kind of technology have further evolutions?

Nov 2, 2022 at 2:16 PM Post #1,278 of 1,292
I'm so glad to see so many people discussing NF Audio. Thank you very much,I am the CEO of NF Audio. No matter what questions you have about us, you are welcome to ask me

Hi. Out of my love for NF3u I have rrecently buyed NE4, with its different tuning via different faceplates, which I like pretty much. Will there be more faceplates? Will this technology will be used for other IEMS?

Nov 3, 2022 at 6:09 AM Post #1,279 of 1,292
Hi. Out of my love for NF3u I have rrecently buyed NE4, with its different tuning via different faceplates, which I like pretty much. Will there be more faceplates? Will this technology will be used for other IEMS?
Aha, thanks for your support. Of course, we will continue to develop NE4 panels. Just because of the recent economic environment, we must first launch some products with relatively low prices to gain living space. But NE4 is a product that will continue to operate

Nov 3, 2022 at 2:58 PM Post #1,280 of 1,292
Aha, thanks for your support. Of course, we will continue to develop NE4 panels. Just because of the recent economic environment, we must first launch some products with relatively low prices to gain living space. But NE4 is a product that will continue to operate
Thank you and forgive the double post.
NE4 is brilliant and sure too little known.

Nov 20, 2022 at 3:22 PM Post #1,283 of 1,292
Hey, I've got the NA2 and I really like it, and I'm wondering how NA3 and RA10 are supposed to compare to it as they are cheaper.
Also as a suggestion, I'd say that you guys need a discord server and a website that's a bit easier to use, maybe a tool for Frequency Response graph comparisons, and maybe some basic guidelines for product stacking, as as it is, it kinda is hard to understand which IEM's compete with what as almost no reviewers in the western markets have proper reviews.

Nov 20, 2022 at 7:48 PM Post #1,284 of 1,292
Hey, I've got the NA2 and I really like it, and I'm wondering how NA3 and RA10 are supposed to compare to it as they are cheaper.
Also as a suggestion, I'd say that you guys need a discord server and a website that's a bit easier to use, maybe a tool for Frequency Response graph comparisons, and maybe some basic guidelines for product stacking, as as it is, it kinda is hard to understand which IEM's compete with what as almost no reviewers in the western markets have proper reviews.
Hi,thank you for your support.

NA3 and RA10 are completely different types of products. NA3 belongs to our "Nature" series, which has a custom-shaped appearance and pays more attention to the overall performance of the sound rather than the frequency response curve. RA10 is a product of our "RULES" series, following the rules of ergonomics, industrial design and frequency response curve. In fact, the frequency response curve of RA10 is very close to er2xr, but it has better harmonic and dynamic performance.

As for the problem of the website, we are making a brand new website, including more detailed introduction, performance parameters, and even mall services will be provided, but this is a big project, obviously, it will take a long time to process.

Nov 26, 2022 at 4:17 PM Post #1,286 of 1,292
1669497406282.png

RA10. These are surprisingly excellent sounding but comes with some negatives due to their tiny size. My review of the RA10 https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/nf-audio-ra10.26196/review/29642/

Last edited:
Dec 24, 2022 at 9:12 AM Post #1,287 of 1,292
Dec 30, 2022 at 6:07 AM Post #1,288 of 1,292
My review of RA10 is available on both head-fi and my blog.

As IEMs get chunkier and more uncomfortable, it is refreshing to see a new release with micro-drivers and tiny shells. It’s fortunate for listeners with smaller ears that RA10 is also a competent IEM. If you are after a small and comfortable IEM for resting or watching random YouTube videos, RA10 is worth consideration.

Pros:

• Small and comfortable shells
  • Tonally correct
  • Competent level of clarity and detail
  • Good imaging accuracy
Cons:
  • Weak bass response
  • Small soundstage
  • They don’t look as good as the marketing materials
RA10_summary.JPG

Apr 8, 2023 at 10:28 PM Post #1,290 of 1,292
Question about the NE4 Evolution.

All reviews I've found mention and photograph 3 tuning faceplates: red (pop), blue (transparent) and black (reference).
My set also has a transparent set that lets you see the circuits. It has contacts, and it functions.

An image search has lead to this article where it seems this one is called an "explore" faceplate:
Translated (Chinese?) article

That's the only source I have on it so far. I for one really like the tuning, I haven't listened to it to really nail the profile or saying anything audioish about it but I'm enjoying the playback.

Suction/venting is hard on this model. Actually Final E tips so far seem to allow for a listen without suction issues.

EDIT:

Untranslated Hong Kong sale page

These seems to put it as a $35 add on set?

I remember Dsnut's review saying NF Audio planned to bring out more tuning plates with time. I guess the rapid market got ahead of them, by the time they wanted to add more plates people had moved onto other models (presumably much cheaper ones to) so this might be the only one they pursued post release of the IEM itself?

Apart from the 10k peak, it seems identical to the "reference" panel?

My brother had the transparent gameboy pocket growing up, and we had an eMate laptop - so I'm going to have a soft spot for this plate just because of that, I like translucent designs with circuits showing.

Amazon JP page

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back