NF Audio impression thread.
Feb 2, 2021 at 5:44 PM Post #1,036 of 1,292
I wonder if anyone can help please?

I recently bought a pair of NFAudio NA2's, which I love, and have been quite happy with the stock cable with single ended 3.5mm jack to my Cowon M2.

However, I'm soon going to be getting a Sony NW ZX300, and naturally I will want to plug into the balanced output at some point to hear for any difference.

I have a potential bargain **** 16 core silver plated balanced 4.4mm cable in mind, but I'm now confused over the 2 pin .78mm connection and the QDC connection. The NFAudio spec sheet indicates it's a .78mm 2pin connection, yet the stock cable is curved like the QDC image on the **** selection.

Anyone know which one I should get please? Forgetting the polarity question for now, I don't want to select the QDC ones only to find they're .75mm and don't fit or are ill fitting.

Feb 2, 2021 at 6:01 PM Post #1,038 of 1,292

I recently bought a pair of NFAudio NA2's, which I love, and have been quite happy with the stock cable with single ended 3.5mm jack to my Cowon M2.

However, I'm soon going to be getting a Sony NW ZX300, and naturally I will want to plug into the balanced output at some point to hear for any difference.

I have a potential bargain **** 16 core silver plated balanced 4.4mm cable in mind, but I'm now confused over the 2 pin .78mm connection and the QDC connection. The NFAudio spec sheet indicates it's a .78mm 2pin connection, yet the stock cable is curved like the QDC image on the **** selection.

Anyone know which one I should get please? Forgetting the polarity question for now, I don't want to select the QDC ones only to find they're .75mm and don't fit or are ill fitting.
Get a standard qdc plug. I personally like using a silver cable with the NA2, such as the KBEar Limpid or Limpid Pro.

Feb 2, 2021 at 6:43 PM Post #1,039 of 1,292
Thanks for the replies.

I also have in mind silver for the NA2's as they are already 'warm' and apparently so is the Sony ZX300.

I'm happy to go with recommendations, so Kbear Limpid Pro 4.4mm QDC it'll be :thumbsup:

Feb 2, 2021 at 6:57 PM Post #1,040 of 1,292
Kbear Limpid Pro 4.4mm QDC it'll be :thumbsup:
I think you’ll really like that cable. It’s well built, looks great, and drapes well.

Feb 11, 2021 at 7:42 AM Post #1,041 of 1,292
Hi! I did some modifications to my nm2+. I have removed the mesh, under that was some foil, which i remooved too. I putted in a piece of sponge, back the mesh without the foil. So, sub bass has definetly improved, and less harsh mids. Now it is perfect for me. Just a little bit more buumy sub bass, which i have mist. Ps. : it is not so easy to remoove the mesh, and the foil is sticked, so it is Hard to remoove that too without to damage it. IMG_20210211_133000.jpg
IMG_20210211_132928.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20210211_132834.jpg
    IMG_20210211_132834.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Feb 12, 2021 at 11:33 AM Post #1,043 of 1,292
I can barely see it, but I think there is something in NA2 nozzles too.
Too expensive iem to modify it for me and I am totally happy with the sound. I can listen to any genre without any fatugue.
+1 Extremely happy with them as well. They are right up there with my A7 and MT300.

My three current amigos! NF Audio NA2, LZ A7, MT300
Cheers! :beerchug:

-Clear

Feb 12, 2021 at 12:53 PM Post #1,044 of 1,292

Different polars of connection can not be ignored since they do harm to the sound stage and result in a clowned sound. normal 0.78 mm with 2 pin connection is acceptable, as a protective cap available is better.

Feb 20, 2021 at 4:45 PM Post #1,045 of 1,292
I think you’ll really like that cable. It’s well built, looks great, and drapes well.
You're not wrong. Nice cable all round. Fits the NA2's like a glove and build quality, along with sound quality, is really nice. Lovely little carry bag as well.

Have noticed very small microphonics when compared to the NF Audio stock cable, but not an issue at all when at home. Hopefully it doesn't come into play when out and about. Oh, and the chin slider is pretty rubbish because of the thickness of the cable, lol, but that's not an issue for me.

Overall I'm very happy with it. Thanks for the recommendation.

Feb 21, 2021 at 2:46 AM Post #1,047 of 1,292
Hi, the NM2+ is qdc? Wanted to buy a 4.4 cable for it.
I've been using mmcx all the while. Thanks.
Affirmative. The Tri Through cable is pretty good, or the KBear limpid (Pro) if you want silver (not sponsored by Wendy :wink:)

Feb 21, 2021 at 3:56 AM Post #1,049 of 1,292

Users who are viewing this thread

Back