New- Zishan Z1 DSD player thread
May 22, 2017 at 9:31 AM Post #422 of 1,364
Hi all

Can i swap the opamp with OPA2228?? It should be fine as long as it is DIP8 right?
like this one http://sg.element14.com/texas-instruments/opa2228pa/op-amp-dual-low-noise-2228-dip8/dp/1097467

What is the difference between PDIP and DIP.

If you do a Google Search for "OPA2228 pinout", and it matches the "NE5532 pinout", then it's pin-for-pin compatible.

DIP is the generic acronym for Dual Inline Package, and PDIP is the more specific acronym for a Plastic DIP - as opposed to other types, like a ceramic, or molded package.

If you pick a device that's a surface mount package, then it will probably be smaller, and will have to be soldered onto a DIP-8 header board, which can then plug into the socket in the Z1.

May 22, 2017 at 11:56 AM Post #424 of 1,364
After a few days with the Z1 using them with my Rose Mojito, I can say that I am thoroughly satisfied......hardly touched my zhisan dsd.
The Z1 is just so clean sounding.

Future mods up ahead:

Getting rid of static
Changing Caps (fresh from Taobao)
Changing Pot (fresh from Taobao)
Opamp swap

May 22, 2017 at 12:12 PM Post #426 of 1,364
After a few days with the Z1 using them with my Rose Mojito, I can say that I am thoroughly satisfied......hardly touched my zhisan dsd.
The Z1 is just so clean sounding.

Future mods up ahead:

Getting rid of static
Changing Caps (fresh from Taobao)
Changing Pot (fresh from Taobao)
Opamp swap
Ahhh i still use my Zishan DSD every now and then as it has a screen which is much easier to navigate songs on the go. Otherwise the Zishan Z1 just satisfy all my needs :ok_woman:

May 22, 2017 at 10:48 PM Post #430 of 1,364
Massively dumb question but does your activity light at the top push in when you touch it or is it firmly in place? Mine was crooked so I opened it up to straighten it and now it moves when I push it.

I know "then don't push it." LOL I just need to know if I should try adjusting it again. My fear is I will make the tiny metal bars too rigid and break it off. That would really make me crazy.

May 22, 2017 at 11:02 PM Post #431 of 1,364
Massively dumb question but does your activity light at the top push in when you touch it or is it firmly in place? Mine was crooked so I opened it up to straighten it and now it moves when I push it.

I know "then don't push it." LOL I just need to know if I should try adjusting it again. My fear is I will make the tiny metal bars too rigid and break it off. That would really make me crazy.

One thing I've done, during modding my Walnut, is to put heat shrink on the legs of the LED, so it isn't as flexible and stays in-place better.
I'll probably do the same thing to the LED in the Z1, when I start modding it.

May 23, 2017 at 12:49 AM Post #432 of 1,364

I've adjusted mine on my Walnut many times. It won't break unless you are torquing on it, and yes if you push on it it will move.

May 23, 2017 at 1:21 PM Post #434 of 1,364
regarding the chip in it, on russian forums someone got a player with the marking on it, saying it's STM32F405RG

An ARM micro? Cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back