1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

New- Zishan Z1 DSD player thread

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by musicday, Apr 15, 2017.
First

Back
18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27
29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38
Next

Last
  1. Holypal
    Yes, I posted the instructions of the firmware update.

2. makima
    does it have enough power, when used as USB DAC?

3. Dark Helmet
    I thought the update was supposed to fix the DSD issue. Perhaps there is a need for a new firmware.

4. groucho69
    P is PDIP. That is what will fit in the DIP socket used.

5. silverfishla

Maybe it's a MAC thing, but I can only get a confirmation of 16/48 for the Zishan as DAC on my Audinirvana and MAC systems report. There was no driver to be installed on the Mac, and maybe that has something to do with it? Anybody have any contact with Zishan and can ask about the DAC output from computer and I would be greatful. It seems there are varying confirmations on different systems. Anyone out there have a PC and a MAC and do a check?

Oh and sidenote...as DAC, the Z1 gets pretty warm.

Last edited: May 21, 2017
  6. weedophile
    Same goes for its brother, the Zishan DSD. Probably due to it charging and also processing files at the same time.

7. Sulbh
    Can anyone compare it to benjie s5?

8. nesty
    Guys, may I ask what the HOLD switch is for Z1. Also, the LO plug, question - its output that will be fed to an external amplifier say integrated amplifier?
    I thought Z1 can also act as an line-in amplifier like walnut? thanks

9. Dark Helmet
    Hold button is same as hat on Walnut it locks the buttons so you don't accidentally push it when it's in a jacket on in your pants. I do not believe this can be used as an amp for another DAP.

nesty likes this.
  10. LeopoldRU
    What size does the battery have? And can I put more capacity?

11. silverfishla
    Yes, it can be used as an amp just like the Walnut. Even better because it's not as loud so fast. Not through USB, only back in through the line out.

Last edited: May 22, 2017
    nesty likes this.
  12. Dark Helmet
    I stand corrected. Thanks for clearing that up. I would probably never use it as an amp.

nesty likes this.
  13. nesty
    Hello @silverfishla , I have some questions.

How to set-up Z1 as an amp? AnotherDAP(PO) -->to--Z1(LO) then Audio Output will be from Z1(PO) ?

Btw, I accidentally inserted my headphone in LO socket and I also hear the music that I am playing but the volume can not be turn down, I dont know if this normal? thanks

14. silverfishla
    Turn on Z1, pause it, connect source to Z1 Line Out. Plug headphone into Z1. That's it.

nesty likes this.
  15. nesty
    Many thanks.

First

Back
18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27
29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38
Next

Last