New- Zishan Z1 DSD player thread

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by musicday, Apr 15, 2017.

1. musicday
    New player impressive affordable DSD player.
    https://m.aliexpress.com/s/item/32807427355.html
    Knowing that Walnut V2 is a massive success,i am sure this will be another, with DSD support now.
    Playback codecs are :
    Screenshot_2017-04-15-09-51-56.png

Sorry still trying to find out more about​ it,i have placed an order. :wink:

2. musicday
    Screenshot_2017-04-15-09-37-53-1.png
    Screenshot_2017-04-15-09-38-07-1.png
    Screenshot_2017-04-15-09-38-13-1.png

3. nmatheis Contributor
    Anyone tried this yet?

Hoping there's better support for file organization, folder skipping, etc vs Walnut...

4. musicday
    It was mentioned about the folder support.I order it this morning and he already sold 15 units.
    If it plays DSD properly and card support up to 256 GB then is a real value player, better then Walnut.

5. nmatheis Contributor

Sorry, but I don't see anything mentioned about folder support here or in the product description. Can you please post the info and your source?

6. musicday
    Still early to know as nobody has received the Z1 yet,and here is mentioned about folder support.
    Screenshot_2017-04-15-19-59-08.png

7. nmatheis Contributor

Thanks for posting that. Totally missed it when I was looking at the description on AE. Heck, maybe I should get one, too. Sure is cheap enough...

8. musicday
    Sabre ES9023 DAC chip, not bad for how much it sells. Hopefully is a big improvement over Walnut especially the DSD playback that i have been told is native.

9. rcoleman1

I've ordered one. Certainly have wasted a lot more than 31USD here Lol. Will surely leave impressions when I receive it.

10. macky112
    Folder support
    When music is paused, next/previous buttons navigate through folders
    Translated from Taobao Zishan store
    https://m.intl.taobao.com/detail/detail.html?spm=a1z5f.7632060.0.0&id=546900956815

It has USB DAC mode, not sure about stand alone amp mode. It has firmware update support, But i didn't find any mentioning of shuffle play mode.

I ordered one as well. Am a big fan of the walnut v2 and zishan DSD, really looking forward to the Z1

11. flamesofarctica
    Another Walnut fan here who's taken a punt on this. If it can maintain the best bits of the Walnut (the power and the sound quality), and have additional features then it will be amazing for the price.

Just because it looks like the Walnut though from the outside, trying not to assume too much, the Walnut may be basic but what it does, it does brilliantly.

12. actorlife
    256 Dsd?

13. groucho69
    subbed 

14. Brian Coffey
    subbed and looking forward to it !

15. Frederick Wang
    it has an independent es9023 dac? walnut doesnt have one, right?