New- Zishan Z1 DSD player thread
May 9, 2017 at 6:18 AM Post #272 of 1,364
Ah I see I see. Wonder what would one need to do to get rid of said pop sound.

If the circuit is similar enough to the Walnut, there's a mod - adding a couple of resistors, and possibly capacitors - that will reduce / remove the pop. Check the Walnut v2 thread.

May 9, 2017 at 8:08 AM Post #274 of 1,364
If the circuit is similar enough to the Walnut, there's a mod - adding a couple of resistors, and possibly capacitors - that will reduce / remove the pop. Check the Walnut v2 thread.

Thanks for the info mate! However, without the search feature on head-fi threads now it is going to take a while.
Do you mind sharing what they are?

I have asked the maker of Z1 about changing caps (with higher voltage and capacitance) and he basically said no problem.

May 9, 2017 at 4:54 PM Post #276 of 1,364
A little help, I'm confused with the LED protocol. I think it was mentioned that the Z1 stops blinking when fully charged. On it's initial charge, my unit has been blinking for 12+ hours. Is the laptop just a slow charger? Closing the lid makes it solid blue, and if I reset the LED switch then it goes back to before. What am I missing?
Still no cards to insert, however I have a 8GB pSLC micro SD card on order for a whole $13. http://www.ebay.com/itm/222480040977

May 9, 2017 at 5:07 PM Post #277 of 1,364
Thanks for the info mate! However, without the search feature on head-fi threads now it is going to take a while.
Do you mind sharing what they are?

I have asked the maker of Z1 about changing caps (with higher voltage and capacitance) and he basically said no problem.

Back on page 161 of the Walnut v2 thread, this post mentions soldering 1KΩ resistors between the output capacitors and GND - to reduce pops when earphones are plugged/unplugged. I'm not sure whether the resistor connects to the capacitor lead that's away from the opamp, or the one that's closer. I've asked in the Walnut thread.
https://www.head-fi.org/f/threads/w...dap-amp-ok_hand.828315/page-161#post-13332628

May 9, 2017 at 5:40 PM Post #279 of 1,364
A little help, I'm confused with the LED protocol. I think it was mentioned that the Z1 stops blinking when fully charged. On it's initial charge, my unit has been blinking for 12+ hours. Is the laptop just a slow charger? Closing the lid makes it solid blue, and if I reset the LED switch then it goes back to before. What am I missing?
Still no cards to insert, however I have a 8GB pSLC micro SD card on order for a whole $13. http://www.ebay.com/itm/222480040977
With the LED switch off... you should plug in charger and then it blinks while charging. The blue light shuts off when it's charged. Pretty sure that's how it goes.

May 10, 2017 at 3:23 AM Post #281 of 1,364
I am using Audinirvana as my player on my MAC. Audinirvana shows the DAC capability of any said DAC that's connected. The Zishan shows up as 16/48. Is that correct that the Zishan as DAC can only do up to 16/48 natively? I didn't see that in the specs.
Also, I mentioned earlier that I tried to use the Zishan as Portable DAC with a Shanling M1 as transport. The only files that played were 24/48, which I thought was weird. Any body here have any contact information for the maker of the Zishan Z1? I'd like to ask him a couple of questions or maybe request if he could try and do some updates (if that is possible and if the Z1 is capable).

May 10, 2017 at 6:12 AM Post #282 of 1,364
I can only hear a (relatively minor) click sound when turning on/off? (With LME49720NA)

It's mainly the loud POP, when plugging / un-plugging the earphones, which is potentially damaging.

May 10, 2017 at 10:17 AM Post #283 of 1,364
I found out Zishan has released a new firmware for Z1 player. It supports three new playback modes.
The original files are here:
http://pan.baidu.com/s/1jI5KD8a#list/path=/ZiShan Player 固件/Z1&parentPath=/ZiShan Player 固件
Or you can download a zip file from my dropbox:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/4abdwkt86kbtjld/Zishan Z1.zip?dl=0

The update is simple. All you need is the ZiShan_Z1_0.2.zip and a TF card. I used a 32GB TF card in FAT32 format.
1) Turn off Z1 player;
2) Extract app.bin from ZiShan_Z1_0.2.zip, and put it in the root directory of the TF card;
3) Insert the TF card into the player;
4) Turn on the Z1 player. The LED light will be on for 3 seconds and then blink ultra-fast for around 5 seconds. (Done).
5) Remove the file app.bin in the card.

What's new in v0.2:
1) Add 180 EQ settings. (What...it's a screen-less player.)
2) Add 3 playback modes: Repeat, Shuffle and Default. (Very useful for me.)
3) Fix a DSD problem.

How to choose playback modes:
Press 'Prev' for a few seconds until the LED light blinks faster than normal, then release. And:
a) Press 'Prev' to choose Repeat track mode.
b) Press 'Stop' to choose Shuffle all tracks mode.
c) Press 'Next' to choose Default play mode. It plays in alphabetical order, I think.

How to set EQs:
Press 'Stop' for a few seconds until the LED light blinks faster than normal, then release. And you are in EQ settings mode:
a) Press 'Prev' to choose previous EQ.
b) Press 'Next' to choose next EQ.
c) Press 'Stop' to choose current EQ.
d) Press 'Prev' for a few seconds to disable EQ.
Total 180 EQs.

How to reset the player:
1) Turn off the player;
2) Press 'Prev' and hold, turn on the player. If the LED light blinks fast, it means the player is reset to factory status.
3) Turn off and on the player again.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back