1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

New- Zishan Z1 DSD player thread

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by musicday, Apr 15, 2017.
First

Back
11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Next

Last
  1. yabai
    Does "SG" mean San Gabriel? If so, I guess I need to get going with Taobao.

I am also very impatient when it comes to waiting. I bought my Z1 fro CkLewis Aliexpress store on 05-01-17. Currently the tracking says:

[8]Arrival at Destination Past (Country: US)

I think this means it is getting close!

Another question:
    How will the Z1 do riding in my pocket while walking down the street? Does anyone find that you easily bump the volume (which would make it impractical for being mobile)? Does the hold button on the button lock the volume as well? I'm guessing that hold only locks the buttons...

2. dkfuel
    Thanks for the info. With those results I am not going to worry about it any more and just be content that the Walnut seems to have better battery life. :wink:

3. dkfuel
    Not that I can speak for this poster but I'm pretty sure SG is Singapore. If it did mean San Gabriel I'd be all over Taobao too with 5 day shipping!

4. wladoz
    Got my Z1. Android usb otg dac works well.
    But there is problem with playing DSD64 files with frimware v0.2. At the end of the dsd track, a terrible loud noise is heard for a few seconds.
    This was really scary.
    :dizzy_face:

5. dkfuel
    I wonder if this is like the Walnut with WAV files and you need to remove any tagging like id3?

wladoz likes this.
  6. wladoz
    Removed all tags using Mp3tag. Noise was gone. Thank You!

7. Dark Helmet
    Ordered mine from ebay Shenlongsi on the 14th of April and I have yet to get it. Getting highly irritated. Their ad said by the 13th of May so I have a couple days yet. If it doesn't get here by then then the crap storm will be underway.

8. Rambam
    Can anybody tell me if the Zishan Z1 plays gapless. I'm considering buying one. Since I am a live concert adept, gapless playback is essential for me.

9. Rambam
    Did anyone hear the Z1 with Meze 99 Classics cans?

10. groucho69
    count_floyd.gif

11. DBaldock9
    I've been digging around in the Walnut thread, looking for the recommended parts replacements (opamps, capacitors, pots), and circuit mods - so I had a fairly good idea where I had seen the mod mentioned.

There is an audible Pop-Thump when the Z1 is switched On and Off, but it's not nearly as loud as the POP that occurs when the the earphones/earbuds are plugged / unplugged (even when the Z1 is not powered On).

12. yabai
    Me too! I'd probably put together a huge order and then just drive to San Gabriel! For now, I'm just waiting for my Z1 and a bunch of other stuff.

13. wskl
    Gapless is not supported, you would have to rip those gapless album CDs into a single file.

14. weedophile
    @yabai unfortunately i meant Singapore like @dkfuel said lol

15. tintheman
    May I ask where you got your OTG male to male cable to use with the android phone?

First

Back
11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Next

Last