1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

New- Zishan Z1 DSD player thread

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by musicday, Apr 15, 2017.
First

Back
7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27
Next

Last
  1. groucho69
    High school physics is not necessarily omniscient in real world circuit design results.

macky112 and Sopranino like this.
  2. noknok23
    I did a week of regular use with the z1 and noticed improvement along the days. I think 100 hours is a safe bet.

macky112 likes this.
  3. Sopranino
  4. silverfishla
    Couple things I noticed...unlike the Walnut, if you remove the card, the Z1 does not remember where you left off and it starts from the beginning of your card. It remembers where you left off if you merely shut it off without removing the card.
    Also there is a slight cut off of songs when skipping forward through songs. I believe it is when it skips from one folder to another, so better to use less folders (however you want to organize them on your card).

5. bzfrank
    Given my limited understanding of Chinese I ponder it may also mean 'hair dryer', 'large pile of beans' and 'look, there is an ufo behind the clouds' depending on context. :wink:

pryxmus, Sopranino and knudsen like this.
  6. bzfrank
    ZishanZ1w.jpg
    ...works also great as USB sound card (Windows 10 Creators Edition tested)

Very nice!

7. silverfishla
    Yes, I tried the Z1 as DAC on my Mac and it worked flawlessly as well. Conversely, I tried to use the Shanling M1 as a transport with the Z1 as the DAC output but the Shanling kept getting errors stating that each file was "not supported" except....24/48 FLAC files. I thought that was weird. All my files were FLAC 16/44, 24/96, 24/192, and 24/48.

8. Dark Helmet
    All of those are fine as long as it doesn't mean "piece of crap".:poop:

Sopranino likes this.
  9. bzfrank
    Definitly not the case here. :)

I just ordered a second one.

10. Dark Helmet
    Ordered mine 3 weeks ago and still waiting.

11. silverfishla
    Sorry, stupid question...does Line Out use the Op-Amp in the Zishan when it goes out?

12. AudioNewbi3
    Will the Zishan "POP" when you turn it on and off?

13. Dark Helmet
    How is it with low impedance IEM's, buds?

14. wskl
    Unfortunately, yes. But I always make a habit of not wearing the earphones when switching on/off.

15. LaughMoreDaily
    The Zishan Z1 is smaller, lighter and sounds better than the Walnut v2.1? That's sad to hear for Walnut owners like myself. :frowning2:

Last edited: May 8, 2017
First

Back
7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27
Next

Last