New- Zishan Z1 DSD player thread
May 7, 2017 at 1:44 PM Post #241 of 1,364
I wonder if Z1 req hundreds of hours of burn in, like the recommended in walnut faq (walnut thread first two posts)

From high school physics, it only takes about 4 hours of work load for new electrolytic caps to build up enough chemical balance for max capacitance

High school physics is not necessarily omniscient in real world circuit design results.

May 7, 2017 at 4:18 PM Post #244 of 1,364
Couple things I noticed...unlike the Walnut, if you remove the card, the Z1 does not remember where you left off and it starts from the beginning of your card. It remembers where you left off if you merely shut it off without removing the card.
Also there is a slight cut off of songs when skipping forward through songs. I believe it is when it skips from one folder to another, so better to use less folders (however you want to organize them on your card).

May 7, 2017 at 6:27 PM Post #246 of 1,364
ZishanZ1w.jpg

...works also great as USB sound card (Windows 10 Creators Edition tested)

Very nice!

May 7, 2017 at 7:13 PM Post #247 of 1,364

...works also great as USB sound card (Windows 10 Creators Edition tested)

Very nice!
Yes, I tried the Z1 as DAC on my Mac and it worked flawlessly as well. Conversely, I tried to use the Shanling M1 as a transport with the Z1 as the DAC output but the Shanling kept getting errors stating that each file was "not supported" except....24/48 FLAC files. I thought that was weird. All my files were FLAC 16/44, 24/96, 24/192, and 24/48.

May 8, 2017 at 4:30 AM Post #255 of 1,364
I don't know about the new Walnut, but the Z1 sounds better than the nut I have (soldered op amp). Obsolete to me now (after only a week haha, oh well). My mojitos never sounded so good.
It's a tiny bit smaller than the nut and lighter too.
The Zishan Z1 is smaller, lighter and sounds better than the Walnut v2.1? That's sad to hear for Walnut owners like myself. :frowning2:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back