New Zealand Headphone Meet MK II, 2015 Ed.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 25, 2016 at 3:15 AM Post #451 of 529
That's when we are looking at doing it. A month from now. If you decide to come then I just need two more.

I have one other member who has confirmed.

In that case, I might be able to bring some gear 
biggrin.gif

Sennheiser HD800 & HD650
Sennheiser HDVA 600
Pro-Ject Debut Carbon & Phono Box

and obviously, some records.

May 25, 2016 at 3:23 AM Post #452 of 529
In that case, I might be able to bring some gear :D

Sennheiser HD800 & HD650
Sennheiser HDVA 600
Pro-Ject Debut Carbon & Phono Box

and obviously, some records.

Sweet. I think I will press go anyway. Always nice to meet like minded guys. I've got the family approval. They will vacate.

We will see what interest we get tomorrow then we will pick a date.

May 26, 2016 at 12:21 AM Post #454 of 529
I'm out of town end of June/early July but would otherwise be keen.

Not a ton to offer up at the moment other than Sennheiser HD650 and Schiit Modi 2 Uber (though may pick up a Chord Mojo while in the US).

If not, catch you next time.

May 29, 2016 at 6:57 PM Post #455 of 529
Okay Guys,

Auckland Meet. Sunday July 10th. 1PM to 4-5PM.

About 6 weeks out. Here is your opportunity to try gear.
gs1000.gif

Address is Takanini area in Auckland. PM me for the address.

I have 4-5 of us confirmed bringing gear. Would probably like a few more to attend. PM me if interested. I can accommodate about 10-12 rigs. I'm able to bring tables and chairs from my wife's school.
Power points are everywhere. However guys showing gear must bring their own cords and power blocks.

If you don't want to bring gear I don't mind if you attend to chat to like minded members. However you must PM me. So I can cap the numbers (25-30).

I will provide some snacks however all drinks and alcohol (if required) will be bring your own.
wink.gif

I will let members post what gear they attend to bring. Obviously mine will be there. So I will start. I have the following:

Audeze LCD-3C (the older classic version).
Audeze LCD-X with the new custom carbon fiber headband.
Auralic Vega DAC.
Oppo HA-1 solid state amp.*
Woo WA22 tube amp. With crazy NOS tubes pictured below (running 7 tubes in a amp designed for 5).

Rig is setup like this Oppo BDP103D blu-ray player into Auralic Vega DAC for CD, DVD Audio, SACD and Blu-ray Audio. iPod in Arcam dock sending coax digital to Auralic Vega. Auralic Vega sending balanced to the Oppo HA-1, unbalanced to Woo WA22. Both Audeze HP's connected using balanced connections.

* Oppo HA-1 DAC is bypassed. It is crap. So be aware of this if anyone is wanting to audition the HA-1. It will be demoed with the superior Auralic DAC as a amp only.

It should be fun. I hope to meet a number of you guys.

May 29, 2016 at 8:19 PM Post #456 of 529
I should be there. Would like to bring the Glenn 300B amp + HE6, but that depends on getting the better paired 300B tubes for it (replacement CNE or backordered Taks).

Hegel HD30 DAC + V281 + modded HE6 / HD800S. That's the best solid state gear I have. Source is an Onkyo iPod dock (SPDIF) or a laptop (USB). I will bring which whichever sounds better.

May 29, 2016 at 11:39 PM Post #457 of 529
I should be able to attend, gonna bring my HD800, HD650, HDVA600 and Debut Carbon.

I'll probably bring some beer as well 
biggrin.gif

May 30, 2016 at 5:23 PM Post #458 of 529
Okay,

I will be reminding this thread regularly. I want as many members to attend as possible.

Auckland Meet. Sunday July 10th. 1PM to 4-5PM.

PM me if interested. Then I can provide address details.
4 confirmed so far. Lets get those numbers up.

May 30, 2016 at 5:25 PM Post #459 of 529
  I should be able to attend, gonna bring my HD800, HD650, HDVA600 and Debut Carbon.

I'll probably bring some beer as well 
biggrin.gif

Excellent gear. I want to listen to the HD800 on my WA22.

Yes. Beer makes everything sound great.
beerchug.gif

May 31, 2016 at 8:09 PM Post #460 of 529
Would like to attend but live in Dunedin now and hate flying!

On a sidenote, I am looking for some non-balanced aftermarket cables for the LCD 2 and HD650.
So if anyone wants to get rid of their cables, please pm me.

May 31, 2016 at 8:26 PM Post #461 of 529
I'd like to attend. Will bring the following:

DAC-HA200 portable dac/amp
Pro-Ject DAC Box S USB
Pro-Ject Head Box S

Audioquest Nighthawk
Denon AH-D600

Might have a pair of Grados by meet day, listened to a workmate's SR80s last night and was very impressed.

May 31, 2016 at 8:51 PM Post #462 of 529
Would like to attend but live in Dunedin now and hate flying!

I live in Auckland and would like to live in Dunedin
wink_face.gif

Had a gutsfull of the crappy traffic madness and insane housing situation. Give me the south island any day.

I could sell my Auckland townhouse and buy a very nice house in Dunedin with the proceeds. Unfortunately my career skillset ties me to Auckland.

May 31, 2016 at 9:06 PM Post #463 of 529
I live in Auckland and would like to live in Dunedin :wink_face:

Had a gutsfull of the crappy traffic madness and insane housing situation. Give me the south island any day.

I could sell my Auckland townhouse and buy a very nice house in Dunedin with the proceeds. Unfortunately my career skillset ties me to Auckland.

We only moved to Dunedin from Auckland last July and compared to Auckland it is paradise:no traffic, lots of parking spaces, nice people, affordable houses and great scenery.
But no HeadFi meets.....ah well, can't have everything!

May 31, 2016 at 9:15 PM Post #464 of 529
We only moved to Dunedin from Auckland last July and compared to Auckland it is paradise:no traffic, lots of parking spaces, nice people, affordable houses and great scenery.
But no HeadFi meets.....ah well, can't have everything!

Sounds like Paradise on Toast to me!!

Maybe go back to Uni @ Otago and re-skill in something that isn't Auckland-centric. I hate this city, but I like the money I can earn here. Something about cake and eating it too...

May 31, 2016 at 9:16 PM Post #465 of 529
I'd like to attend. Will bring the following:

DAC-HA200 portable dac/amp
Pro-Ject DAC Box S USB
Pro-Ject Head Box S

Audioquest Nighthawk
Denon AH-D600

Might have a pair of Grados by meet day, listened to a workmate's SR80s last night and was very impressed.

Sweet. Another. More the better.

I will PM you the address shortly.

and yes I would like to move out of Auckland eventually as well. Not sure where. Somewhere good for kids.
I can't get my highly intelligent boy into a decent school. He has just turned 12 and has a mathematical, reading and writing level of 16. Almost impossible to get him in a decent school. Thinking of doing Private.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back