New Zealand Headphone Meet MK II, 2015 Ed.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 10, 2016 at 6:34 PM Post #421 of 529

You need to get hold of a guy called Clarry. Lives out in Titarangi somewhere. Sorry I don't know his full details.
Repairs a lot of guitar tube amplifiers. A lot of knowledge.

A few guys turned up yesterday. I hope you enjoyed yourselves.

I enjoyed the HD650. Remarkable HP. very close to the LCD-X.
A second LCD-X was also there so that was great for me to compare my tube rig with my SS rig. Tubes killed the SS. Every time.

I gave the guys a SACD surround sound 7.3 channel demo. Judging by their faces they enjoyed.

Hey. Forgot to say. Sorry about the drinks. I had one after everyone left. They were bloody awful. Not buying that brand again.

Hey I was Rohan's friend yesterday and thanks for having us! I had a splendid time and learnt a great deal considering I was the newbie yesterday :) 
Yes, I have emailed Clarry and will follow up with a phone call

Apr 10, 2016 at 6:40 PM Post #422 of 529

Hey I was Rohan's friend yesterday and thanks for having us! I had a splendid time and learnt a great deal considering I was the newbie yesterday :) 
Yes, I have emailed Clarry and will follow up with a phone call

Yeah. Nice meeting you James. What did you think of the Woo WA22?

Clarry is old school (also an older gent). He will be slow responding. However I bet there is nothing this guy doesn't know about tube amps.

Apr 25, 2016 at 4:00 AM Post #423 of 529
My Ether (open) still for sale folks, $1600 here.

Apr 30, 2016 at 2:35 AM Post #425 of 529
Hey guys, just checking in.  Haven't been around here for a while, sad to see I missed Badas' recent meetup.  I'm definitely interested in the next get-together (hopefully some craft beer fans in the house as well?), if not a full blown meet. 

I've been spending more time on proper stereo than head-fi recently... I've picked up Kef LS50s and an Arcam FMJ A19 integrated amp since the last meet.  They're making beautiful sounds as we speak. 

I've just listed by Schiit Vali (v1) and Cambridge Audio Topaz AM10 integrated on TradeMe.  PM me if interested and I'm sure I can cut a good deal for fellow NZ head-fiers.

Has anyone around Auckland picked up a Chord Mojo?  I'd love to listen to one.  Now that my stereo is sorted, my HD650s need some love and I'm thinking the Mojo's my next 'investment'.

Look forward to catching up sometime soon.

Rob

May 4, 2016 at 5:26 AM Post #426 of 529
Hi people,

I am clearing my gear and saving some money for my next audio acquisition.

Anyone interested in purchasing my Final Audio Design Pandora Hope VI headphones for $700? - quite a unique design and I have the even more unique hexagonal fur lined box of course.

See link to learn more: http://www.cnet.com/news/a-high-end-headphone-from-japan-wows-the-audiophiliac/

Not actually sure I really want to part with this - hence resisting putting this onto trade me, so just gauging the interest from the head-fi community at this point...

Let me know if you are interested.

May 8, 2016 at 6:24 AM Post #427 of 529
Hi Team,

Looking to sell my Meridian Audio Explorer 2 DAC for $300 OBO with about 12 month medium use. Few light scratches but otherwise in great condition.

Also looking to sell my Fidelio X2s with 6 month use. In great condition and sound superb! $450 OBO.

I have the cases and all accessories for both :D Based in Wellington, let me know if you interested!!

May 16, 2016 at 4:59 AM Post #428 of 529
Any meets coming up soon? Weather is starting to limit outdoor activities.

May 17, 2016 at 2:43 AM Post #429 of 529
Selling my LCD-X in Auckland, New Zealand.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=1088344600

May 18, 2016 at 1:03 AM Post #430 of 529
Have a mint LCD2.2F and as new GS1000e on TM but would prefer to sell here to some NZ HeadFiers.
Also, a portable Ray Samuels SR71b(SE/balanced) if there is someone interested.

May 18, 2016 at 3:23 AM Post #431 of 529

1. 510 Posts. Joined 12/2011
  2. Location: Auckland,New Zealand

Have a mint LCD2.2F and as new GS1000e on TM but would prefer to sell here to some NZ HeadFiers

Mate, trademe is a joke.  That website is never short of idiots.  I saw the member offering you $900 for your LCD-2.2F and I laughed at your reply.  

May 18, 2016 at 4:56 AM Post #432 of 529
It mirrors the state of the nation, one might say. But then, only one serious buyer is needed.

May 19, 2016 at 5:02 PM Post #433 of 529
Hi all,

New to head-fi and the community, just wondering if anyone would be interested in trading a set of open back cans for my Focal Spirit Professionals?

I bought them April 2016 for $549 via Rappallo AV and have had approx 5 hours use other than that they have been on a stand. I'd like an open-back pair as I need to be able to hear what is going on around me to some degree (angry Mrs :D) but with these I can't. Have original packaging, etc + receipt. If I can't find a trade, I'd consider selling but not too sure where to price them so might need some guidance there. I am based in Auckland so happy for pickup/meetup otherwise can sort something out.

Cheers

May 24, 2016 at 5:21 PM Post #434 of 529
Hi Guys, I know this is slightly off topic but I am coming to live/study in Auckland for at least two years on 2017 and I would like to start making some contact, hang up, show each other our gears (I have a huge collection of Bluetooth Headphones, some bought, some received as free Test Units for the epic comparison which I am preparing, more than 100 Bluetooth Headphones, I think it may be near the 120 maybe, nearly all model on earth but the very cheap irrelevant ones).
And, well, maybe some tips about this or that.

Anybody here living in Auckland?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back