New Zealand Headphone Meet MK II, 2015 Ed.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 29, 2016 at 11:29 PM Post #407 of 529
Im going to, I heard some thx00 mahogany that will be left from the people switching to buying some thx00 purple heart because waiting 5 months for them to be made is stupid and I cant wait that long, only reason i dont buy them right now.

Apr 1, 2016 at 11:03 PM Post #408 of 529
Guys, I'm getting out of the headphone game. It's just stressing me out. Selling Gumby, Mjolnir 2, maybe a ZMF Blackwood. Paid ~4000 NZD all up for the Gumby / MJ2. Will sell for $3000 + shipping for you guys to avoid Trademe fees.

Apr 6, 2016 at 12:05 AM Post #410 of 529
I wasn't sure CIEMs were even an option here.

Defo keen to get along to a meet.

Apr 7, 2016 at 4:45 PM Post #411 of 529
Hi Guys,

I know it is really short notice. However the member Contrails (Rohan) and myself (Dono) are meeting up Sunday afternoon. 12PM, Takanini, Auckland location.

If any other members want to do a mini meet then PM me. Our home can accommodate another couple of rigs (big kitchen bench. Also have 3 lounges) and about 4-5 more members. Wife approved. 
wink.gif

We will be putting the Auralic Vega through it's paces. Here is my list of equipment.

Auralic Vega DAC
Woo WA22. Fitted out with Nos tubes. Feed from the Auralic Vega.
Oppo HA-1. Feed from the Auralic Vega. Balanced connection.
Audeze LCD-X
Audeze LCD-3C

Apr 7, 2016 at 7:24 PM Post #413 of 529
Bummer, can't make it! Just getting around to thinking about organising this years meet, more info May I think.

Apr 7, 2016 at 8:29 PM Post #414 of 529
Yeah. Sorry guys. Real short notice.

Apr 7, 2016 at 9:04 PM Post #415 of 529
Yeah. Sorry guys. Real short notice.

No worries, short notice better than none! Report back and take pictures!

Apr 8, 2016 at 1:03 AM Post #417 of 529
I may be keen. I'll have to find out how to get in the office to pick up my Gumby / MJ2 stack on Sunday.

You are very welcome to come. Gear or not. I will PM you the address.

Apr 9, 2016 at 6:00 PM Post #418 of 529
Just a reminder of a mini-meet in a few hours.

In Takanini Auckland. PM me if you wish to attend.

Apr 10, 2016 at 6:32 PM Post #420 of 529
  Anyone know a builder in Auckland who can solder/assemble/test the Bottlehead crack + speedball ?

You need to get hold of a guy called Clarry. Lives out in Titarangi somewhere. Sorry I don't know his full details.
Repairs a lot of guitar tube amplifiers. A lot of knowledge.

A few guys turned up yesterday. I hope you enjoyed yourselves.

I enjoyed the HD650. Remarkable HP. very close to the LCD-X.
A second LCD-X was also there so that was great for me to compare my tube rig with my SS rig. Tubes killed the SS. Every time.

I gave the guys a SACD surround sound 7.3 channel demo. Judging by their faces they enjoyed.

Hey. Forgot to say. Sorry about the drinks. I had one after everyone left. They were bloody awful. Not buying that brand again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back