NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!!
Apr 21, 2014 at 2:48 AM Post #3,798 of 4,971
My Vali is ringing like crazy, if I touch the volume knob it starts ringing, if I touch the headphone cable it starts ringing etc etc. However, I'm not sending it back since I'm across the atlantic. :/ 

Apr 21, 2014 at 4:00 AM Post #3,799 of 4,971
Hi guys, I've recently bought an AKG K612 PRO and I'm looking for an amp to drive it. I want to know the differences and similarities between the HiFiMAN EF-2A and the Schiit Vali, their pros and cons and wich one best synergyses with my K612. Metal and Industrial are my musical tastes.

Apr 22, 2014 at 2:55 PM Post #3,802 of 4,971
beerchug.gif
 Vali sounds GREAT with My K702's and even with my more sensitive K550's. Also works well with My Senn 650's But the More I listen the more I prefer the AKG's. The Senns may have to go. I will wait until they have 300 Hrs on them like the AKG's before I make any decisions though.

beyersmile.png
 TWIN

Apr 22, 2014 at 4:57 PM Post #3,803 of 4,971

My Vali is not ringing, but for EU users it seems shipping for warranty repair is really high. I am thinking about buying some 6088 tubes from ebay for reserve. For $15 one from 10 tubes MUST be ok...

10 tubes seem too many. The tubes in vali can run 10,000 - 20,000 hours according to cnet. So I think 4 of them as backup should be good enough.

BTW, does Schiit sell vali tubes?

I couldn't find them on their website. I think Schiit should sell vali tubes at $10 for 4 or 6.

Apr 22, 2014 at 5:13 PM Post #3,804 of 4,971
10 tubes seem too many. The tubes in vali can run 10,000 - 20,000 hours according to cnet. So I think 4 of them as backup should be good enough.

I couldn't find them on their website. I think Schiit should sell vali tubes at $10 for 4 or 6.

Schiit you must take in the Vali because the tubes are soldered on

Apr 22, 2014 at 5:18 PM Post #3,805 of 4,971

Same, I also think it shouldn't solder on but have a 4 pin slot for easier replacement so you dont gotta send the unit in all the time when those die or when warranty is up.

Apr 22, 2014 at 5:34 PM Post #3,806 of 4,971
Schiit you must take in the Vali because the tubes are soldered on

i think it is a relatively easy DIY with a soldering iron...should be easier than sending the vali back

Same, I also think it shouldn't solder on but have a 4 pin slot for easier replacement so you dont gotta send the unit in all the time when those die or when warranty is up.

I hope so too...but seems not likely considering the cost of adding extra sockets.

But I do hope Schiit at lease should provide vali tubes rather than ask customers to send vali back for tube replacement - too inconvenient and costly

Apr 22, 2014 at 7:27 PM Post #3,807 of 4,971
I've had this for couple months now.  It's my all time favorite amp.  
To me, the Vali with Bifrost Uber combo beats the Violectric V200 and V800 I had (for all my headphones).  
The V200 was warm but too dry(& congested) for my tastes and V800 very resolving and transparent but lacked the musicality.

To me, the Vali is is not only more resolving in the micro details than the V200 but way more beautiful sounding.
The Vali reminds me of the Woo Audio W6 (with all the upgrades) but with more micro details.

It sounds better than any amp I had in the $500-$1200 range. 

Purrin was right when he said that the Vali to him sounds better than the Woo Audio 6 (not SE) and Woo Audio W7.

Apr 22, 2014 at 10:46 PM Post #3,808 of 4,971

i think it is a relatively easy DIY with a soldering iron...should be easier than sending the vali back

I hope so too...but seems not likely considering the cost of adding extra sockets.

But I do hope Schiit at lease should provide vali tubes rather than ask customers to send vali back for tube replacement - too inconvenient and costly

Yea its really inconvenient and it really a deal breaker for me,Which why I might get a LD MKII do to the fact if something happens to the tubes, I could simply take theme out and replace them. Instead of sending the whole unit back each time.

Apr 22, 2014 at 11:32 PM Post #3,809 of 4,971
I am guessing if one could replace the tubes, it would not have been just $99. Seeing the expected lifespan one could get out of them, just get a new unit when the tubes fail. Simple. Certainly sounds great with my K712s thus far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back