NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!!
Apr 23, 2014 at 11:34 AM Post #3,811 of 4,971
  I am guessing if one could replace the tubes, it would not have been just $99. Seeing the expected lifespan one could get out of them, just get a new unit when the tubes fail. Simple. Certainly sounds great with my K712s thus far.

That not simple if you trying to buy something that you hope last for a long time, if it fails after the warranty, I surely wouldn't buy another one, I would just buy something that last longer or has user replaceable options. As I not one to buy something again after a component fail on it after the warranty is up, even tho  shipping it back would be costly do to shipping, having a extended warranty purchase option to get more then 2 years warranty would work,Then that wouldn't bother me that much.

Apr 23, 2014 at 11:50 AM Post #3,812 of 4,971
Honestly, a discussion about the Mona Lisa on this (and, for that matter, almost any) internet forum would quickly degenerate into a four page debate about the frame.

Anyway, as Schitt says repeatedly on their website, dude, it's $119.

Apr 23, 2014 at 12:12 PM Post #3,813 of 4,971
I still don't see why i would want to buy it two times after even if it was good. If it had extended warranty options that you could buy, then I would have a higher chance of buying it. I just don't fancy the Two year warranty as stuff usually happen afterwards and I wont fancy buying it again when the tubes and all I saying is if there are other tube amp's that cost a bit more then $119 that has tube sockets for replacing tubes, I don't see why Schiit couldn't do it unless they tried and couldn't come up with a way to do it when they was trying other tubes or was limited by size.

Apr 23, 2014 at 12:22 PM Post #3,814 of 4,971
The tubes have a lifespan of 10,000-20,000 hours--you might never have to replace them. Schiit also stated that they'd replace the tubes for $20 out of warranty, and the Vali is small and light--pretty cheap to ship. I wouldn't be too concerned.

Apr 23, 2014 at 1:09 PM Post #3,816 of 4,971
  The tubes have a lifespan of 10,000-20,000 hours--you might never have to replace them. Schiit also stated that they'd replace the tubes for $20 out of warranty, and the Vali is small and light--pretty cheap to ship. I wouldn't be too concerned.

Lifespan is one side of the coin. Those small tubes are crucial for total Vali's sound signature. My left channel was bit dull  compared to right (having very "thin" and trained ears as former NAD, Dynaudio etc. reseller) and only tiing came from left too. Yes, I bought 10 tubes pack for USD15, replaced left tube and voila - left channel is OK now. More than that, left channel is almost black silent on my denons. Only dampened with dynamat (1cm width stripe around tube) while waiting for selfadhesive sorbothane pads. Then I'll replace right tube too...
I know i lost warranty, but note also that total cost for Vali directly from Schiit including customs and shipping is 170EUR. and this is cost of two Vali's. (USD235)

Apr 23, 2014 at 2:25 PM Post #3,817 of 4,971

Lifespan is one side of the coin. Those small tubes are crucial for total Vali's sound signature. My left channel was bit dull  compared to right (having very "thin" and trained ears as former NAD, Dynaudio etc. reseller) and only tiing came from left too. Yes, I bought 10 tubes pack for USD15, replaced left tube and voila - left channel is OK now. More than that, left channel is almost black silent on my denons. Only dampened with dynamat (1cm width stripe around tube) while waiting for selfadhesive sorbothane pads. Then I'll replace right tube too...
I know i lost warranty, but note also that total cost for Vali directly from Schiit including customs and shipping is 170EUR. and this is cost of two Vali's. (USD235)

International shipping completely changes the equation. I'd do the same thing in your place, since I'm comfortable doing a bit of soldering. I've toyed with the idea of making a separate isolation mount for the tubes.

Apr 23, 2014 at 2:34 PM Post #3,818 of 4,971
I have I think one of the first Vali's that Schiit shipped out. It's gotten to the point where every 3-4 weeks I've got to open up the case and push the tube erections back down. 

Has anyone found a more permanent solution ???

Apr 23, 2014 at 2:52 PM Post #3,819 of 4,971
  I have I think one of the first Vali's that Schiit shipped out. It's gotten to the point where every 3-4 weeks I've got to open up the case and push the tube erections back down. 

Bend the leads themselves with pliers instead of just pushing the tubes down, so that the leads aren't pulling up on the tubes.

Apr 23, 2014 at 5:58 PM Post #3,820 of 4,971
I find the vali very HOT - well, you know I'm not talking about sexiness

I feel if it can be a little bit hotter, i can fry an egg on it 
biggrin.gif

Apr 23, 2014 at 6:06 PM Post #3,821 of 4,971

I think the ringring is not a big problem. 

It does not ring all the time. In my case it only rings for 20 - 40 seconds after plugging in the headphone. Then it is gone. As I do not plug and unplug often, I don't really care about the ringing issue.

I don't even bother opening the case to push the tubes down.

Apr 23, 2014 at 7:56 PM Post #3,822 of 4,971

I left a suggestion for a permanent fix a page or so back.

beerchug.gif
 TWIN

Apr 23, 2014 at 8:02 PM Post #3,823 of 4,971
Replacing these inexpensive NOS Tubes is really a Moot Point. They have a VERY long Life and anyone with a Modicum of soldering ability can do it. I'll tell you what, You pay shipping both ways and I'll replace the tubes when you are ready for them for free.

Go Ahead and pop for that big $119 bucks...

atsmile.gif
atsmile.gif
 TWIN

Users who are viewing this thread

Back