NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!!
Nov 25, 2013 at 1:41 PM Post #961 of 4,971
Interested to know how long it takes Schiit to sell this out.

popcorn.gif

Nov 25, 2013 at 1:42 PM Post #962 of 4,971
Not only am I a sissy Scandinavian bad actually a sissy Swede :)

I know I'll end up with one anyway but it will take much longer and cost the double....

For once I actually didn't really care about the duties and shipping. It's cheap enough for it to not bankrupt me. It'll soon be in Skåneland :)

Nov 25, 2013 at 1:43 PM Post #963 of 4,971
  Vali ordered, and I live one shipping day away.   If they ship today, I will receive it tomorrow.

I wonder if the first orders will ship today? I ordered one this morning and I am one day away too via FedEx Home.

The website says orders placed now will ship in 3-7 days even though they are "in-stock". 

Maybe Jason can let us know if anything will actually ship today...

Nov 25, 2013 at 1:53 PM Post #965 of 4,971
Gonna be using the vali to power the hd600 and hd800. Somehow I think the vali might just be better than the balanced headphone out on the NFB-10es2, based on some impressions that i've read on the other side of the internet xD

Nov 25, 2013 at 2:09 PM Post #966 of 4,971
Will the vali be able to drive the DT880 premium 600's, that's the answer I wanna know, as it looks interesting.

Nov 25, 2013 at 2:23 PM Post #969 of 4,971
  Can't wait to read everyone's impressions! I'll probably pick one up next month.

If there are any left! I heard the hype train is gonna take most of these units 
tongue.gif

Anyway, seems as if I'm boarding as well. I ordered mine within the first 30 minutes, so hopefully mine arrives by this weekend for me to post some impressions. I have on hand Q701, K702 anniversary edition, HE500, SA5000, Mad Dogs and dare I say D7000. 

I'll compare against the M-stage and emotiva A-100.

Nov 25, 2013 at 2:27 PM Post #971 of 4,971
  Well I got one as well. I've been pondering tubes for some time, but living in Europe the Bottlehead crack is like 4-5 times more expensive than the Schiit Vali. In the best of worlds I'll have by the end of the week.

I was thinking if I really like it, it will be my launching pad to something like Project Ember. 

Nov 25, 2013 at 3:24 PM Post #973 of 4,971
For once I actually didn't really care about the duties and shipping. It's cheap enough for it to not bankrupt me. It'll soon be in Skåneland :)

While Finland isn't technically a part of Scandinavia, us Nordic folk need to stick together! I feel a terrible need to order the Vali + Modi, someone please convince me not to. My fiance will kill me :D

Nov 25, 2013 at 3:34 PM Post #974 of 4,971
I've ordered the Vali, as well.  My gear is in my sig.  I'm looking forward to comparing the Vali to my Speedballed Crack (it also has an upgraded Alps volume pot, a PS bypass cap & output cap (film) upgrades).

Nov 25, 2013 at 3:35 PM Post #975 of 4,971
I saw the hype train coming down the tracks fast, so I jumped on board and ordered. Even if the Vali's not to my liking (also considering the new iFi Nano iCAN amp), the modest 15% restocking fee is a simple way to test the waters.

Having owned a Lyr with NOS Amperex tubes before and enjoyed the sound, the little Vali might be find a permanent home on the shelf however.

ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back